ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Sell me on Mike Glennon (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267830)

RealSNR 12-19-2012 01:02 PM

Sell me on Mike Glennon

Right now I don't see anything about the guy that I like.

I haven't watched any more than about 2 minutes of live game footage. I've seen a bunch of highlights of his throws on youtube.

I want to like the guy. I want him to be good so people will stop bitching about how supposedly terrible this year's QB class is, but every time I watch something of his, I get turned off. He's 2nd round material at best to me that will (possibly) get taken in the top 10? Some people even have him as the top QB off the board?

That's pure insanity to me.

Tell me/show me stuff about Mike Glennon that will change my mind. I promise to withhold all preconceived notions about the guy in this thread for the purposes of trying to like him.

Based on the stuff I have watched so far, no. He's NOT better than Geno Smith, and he won't ever be. But I'm tired of shitting on him when everybody is talking him up as potentially a good pro QB.

Dayze 12-19-2012 01:03 PM

he can juggle chainsaws...other than that..

jd1020 12-19-2012 01:03 PM

Why?

Why do you want to be sold on the 4th or 5th best option when you have the #1 pick?

RealSNR 12-19-2012 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9224182)
Why?

Why do you want to be sold on the 4th or 5th best option when you have the #1 pick?

I'm just tired of shitting on him in discussions about QBs. I'm not looking for the Chiefs to draft him, but if there's something good about the guy that people really like, I want to know what it is.

jd1020 12-19-2012 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9224199)
I'm just tired of shitting on him in discussions about QBs. I'm not looking for the Chiefs to draft him, but if there's something good about the guy that people really like, I want to know what it is.

He's white. So therefor he is not Vince Young.

O.city 12-19-2012 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9224207)
He's white. So therefor he is not Vince Young.

I was about to say this.

He's tall and white. Therefor he is Tom Brady.

BossChief 12-19-2012 01:14 PM

He is half ostrich.

Saccopoo 12-19-2012 01:15 PM

I think he's no better than fourth round material in a normal world.

He's got excellent arm strength and a very good delivery, but he's very inaccurate when he's forced to make a throw. He gets anxious when the game gets put into his hands.

He's got better than ideal size, is smart and understands football from what I hear.

He just struggles when the pressure starts to mount and he's not very accurate in the mid to deep areas of the field, especially on anything other than straight post patterns.

He's no better a prospect than someone like Osweiler or Mallet from recent drafts. A better person but a worse football player actually.

IMO, he'd make a terrific third QB running the scout team. That's his ceiling as far as I see it.

DJ's left nut 12-19-2012 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9224180)
Right now I don't see anything about the guy that I like.

I haven't watched any more than about 2 minutes of live game footage. I've seen a bunch of highlights of his throws on youtube.

I want to like the guy. I want him to be good so people will stop bitching about how supposedly terrible this year's QB class is, but every time I watch something of his, I get turned off. He's 2nd round material at best to me that will (possibly) get taken in the top 10? Some people even have him as the top QB off the board?

That's pure insanity to me.

Tell me/show me stuff about Mike Glennon that will change my mind. I promise to withhold all preconceived notions about the guy in this thread for the purposes of trying to like him.

Based on the stuff I have watched so far, no. He's NOT better than Geno Smith, and he won't ever be. But I'm tired of shitting on him when everybody is talking him up as potentially a good pro QB.

I feel like I had this exact thread last year only it was about Nick Foles. I didn't get it. I still don't get it.

But I appreciate your benevolence in granting people the opportunity to state their case.

Quesadilla Joe 12-19-2012 01:22 PM

He has experience playing under center. That's one thing he has going for him, I guess.

Saccopoo 12-19-2012 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9224250)
I feel like I had this exact thread last year only it was about Nick Foles. I didn't get it. I still don't get it.

But I appreciate your benevolence in granting people the opportunity to state their case.

Nick Foles is/was a shit ton better prospect than Mike Glennon.

htismaqe 12-19-2012 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9224180)
Sell me on Mike Glennon

No.

:harumph:

RunKC 12-19-2012 01:25 PM

Best size you could ask for for a QB, played under center a lot, arguably the strongest arm in the draft, put up great numbers despite being on a team completely void of offensive talent and a coach that is a dumbass, said to have a very high football IQ that scouts are impressed with.

If he was at USC this year, he would have had 4,000 yards, 40 TD's and a 65% comp percentage.

Mr. Arrowhead 12-19-2012 01:26 PM

(crickets)

KCrockaholic 12-19-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9224228)

IMO, he'd make a terrific third QB running the scout team. That's his ceiling as far as I see it.

Wow you think his ceiling is 3rd string?