ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Critical Drinker debuts as guest on Russell Brand's show (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=349410)

Vladimir_Kyrilytch 07-17-2023 08:18 PM

Critical Drinker debuts as guest on Russell Brand's show

Look at our boy the Critical Drinker being the featured interview by Russell Brand. He's all growns up! The Drinker has made it! More people than just him know that all modern movies are absolute garbage and they want him on to explain what happened.

The title of this is "So This is WHY Movies are SHIT Now!"

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/09ymiOiyy_Q" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Do be advised that the Drinker has had the top notch award-winning actor Russell Crowe on his own show as a guest as well.

For anyone that isn't aware, the Drinker is a novelist that has published 10 novels, then he started a Youtube channel, blew up, and now doesn't write novels anymore. He does streams and shit like that.

Mephistopheles Janx 07-17-2023 09:16 PM

Why is he "our boy"?

Vladimir_Kyrilytch 07-18-2023 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx (Post 17020291)
Why is he "our boy"?

Cause everyone here is a big fan and he is the most embedded YouTuber on the site according to vbulletin analytics.

Anyway that's all I got for today. Go away now!

InChiefsHeaven 07-18-2023 08:18 AM

I only recently (last year or so) discovered his content. Weird seeing him and listening to him talk "normally".

Pasta Little Brioni 07-18-2023 08:38 AM

Don't even know who the heck this is dude. I think it's the same with most here

The Franchise 07-18-2023 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch (Post 17020476)
Cause everyone here is a big fan and he is the most embedded YouTuber on the site according to vbulletin analytics.

Everyone? Try again.

Fish 07-18-2023 09:25 AM

Dear Vlad,

Go away now.

BlackHelicopters 07-18-2023 11:11 AM

Never heard of either one of these people.

Mephistopheles Janx 07-18-2023 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch (Post 17020476)

I have literally never heard of this guy.

Quote:

I was going to once I knew the answer but your less that polite response has me thinking I should just take a big steaming shit on this thread.

I'll give it a think.

staylor26 07-18-2023 11:31 AM

I'll have to check this out.

Sassy Squatch 07-18-2023 11:41 AM

Drinker is fine as entertainment but as an actual film critic he kind of parrots the same points in different ways and has unfortunately shown his ass on more than one occasion when it comes to knowledge of films and filmmaking.

AdolfOliverBush 07-18-2023 11:47 AM

I enjoy him ripping apart garbage movies, but he's becoming a bit of a one-trick pony. He's correct, but you can only say the same things over and over again so many times before it starts being less entertaining.

Vladimir_Kyrilytch 07-18-2023 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx (Post 17020780)
I have literally never heard of this guy.

I was going to once I knew the answer but your less that polite response has me thinking I should just take a big steaming shit on this thread.

I'll give it a think.

Be advised that "anyway that's all I got for today - go away now!" is what Critical Drinker says at the end of all his videos.

It was a reference for the Critical Drinker aficionados in the thread. I considered explaining that but then I thought "nah - it'll be fine".

Vladimir_Kyrilytch 07-18-2023 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush (Post 17020813)
I enjoy him ripping apart garbage movies, but he's becoming a bit of a one-trick pony. He's correct, but you can only say the same things over and over again so many times before it starts being less entertaining.

I'm somewhat in agreement with you, which is a first since we've been mutually posting here on CP. I watch a bit less of Critical Drinker these days than before because by now, I've just given up on new movies altogether. I know ThE MeSsAgE is all that matters now and I'm not into just pure propaganda. It bothers me. I won't watch or read anything produced after 2015 (movies or books) unless I have very good reason to believe it isn't simply political propaganda.

In the Critical Drinker's defense, he does make a point of reviewing movies he likes or is likely to enjoy to avoid being negative all the time. I do suspect he gets far better viewership on the negative stuff though. If he says a movie is good, I'll watch it, cause he's got a similar allergy to wokeism as I do. I watched Top Gun Maverick (a fine flick that I enjoyed but it was actually overly woke for my taste) cause he gave it the thumbs up and now I have Sound of Freedom on the to-do list while it's still in theaters. There's also a movie called "Everything Everywhere All at Once" that he hyped up that I'll get to eventually. I also watched "The Big Red One" cause he had it in his top war movies ever made list. That one was worth watching but Saving Private Ryan kinda ruined all other D-Day movies IMO and I didn't get as much out of that one as I expected.

Here is an example of one of his videos where he's NOT just tearing a bad film to shreds:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/R2ov9_pGkyY" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ultimately, the Critical Drinker is the only movie reviewer going that I know of that when he critiques a story or a character, he knows his shit, cause he's published 10 novels. That gives him a surplus of credibility. They are actually turning some of his books into movies now, just not Hollywood (so I'm not sure how easy it will be to find in the US), but I'll be looking for it and I'll make a thread here when it drops eventually. BELIEVE THAT.

notorious 07-21-2023 06:00 PM

https://img.youtube.com/vi/B-5uSY1_b80/mqdefault.jpg