ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft nfl.com qb ratings (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269096)

Saccopoo 01-20-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9334440)
Landry Jones rated ahead of Nassib and Glennon?

That's a joke right?

That sounds about right in my book.

Better accuracy, better body, more athletic, better release, pretty good arm, etc.

Jones gets shit around here like most south Big 12 QB's do for some reason, but he's a pretty decent QB prospect.

Jones is a lot better than Glennon, who, in all honesty, isn't accurate at all with his deep balls and goes to shit when the pressure is ratched up in a game. I wouldn't touch Glennon before the 4th round and I'd rather have a guy like Brad Sorenson before Glennon. Easily.

Nassib has a lot of moxy, but he puts the ball into the defenses hands a lot. I look at Nassib and Wilson as very similar, and like Nassib a bit better due to the concussion history.

RustShack 01-20-2013 01:48 PM

Vandenburg made the list? Wow this year sucks for QB's. either draft Geno or we are ****ed.

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-20-2013 01:49 PM

ESPN's Adam Schefter predicted on Sunday Countdown that USC's Matt Barkley will be the first quarterback selected in April's draft.
"Mike Glennon and Geno Smith are in contention," Schefter acknowledged. "But when you speak to people around the league, they believe that Matt Barkley from USC -- despite being underwhelming in his stature -- will overwhelm them with his presence during the interview process. They believe that will be enough to propel him to be the top quarterback drafted this April." Although it's extremely early, there has been no separation yet among quarterbacks considered to be potential first-round picks in April. Therefore, Schefter's prediction is believable. A shoulder injury will keep Barkley from participating in next week's Senior Bowl, but he is expected to be healthy by February's Scouting Combine. Jan 20 - 2:39 PM

Saccopoo 01-20-2013 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9334457)
Jesus Christ Russell Wilson was a 68?

Talk about losing credibility. Wilson was one of the most prepared and ready QB prospects in a long time.

He was/is also 5'10".

Go and list the last guy that was under 6' that had a good career at QB in the NFL.

It doesn't happen.

Wilson has a ton of chutzpah, but if it wasn't for that wacky Pete Carroll, he'd be third string on 31 other teams.

Good for Pete and good for Wilson. I hope it opens the eyes of the coaches and managers in the NFL to give guys a shot.

But in the end, he's basically the QB equivilent of Zac Thomas. Just a freak who has surplus+ drive and determination to make it happen despite the lack of ideal size or whathaveyou.

Saccopoo 01-20-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9335290)
Eric Edholm ‏@Eric_Edholm

It would not stun me. MT @RUSSLANDE: I think Andy Reid will draft another Syracuse QB, R. Nassib, with the 1st overall pick to lead Chiefs!

Russell Lande ‏@RUSSLANDE

@caplannfl - People can always hold me to my evaluations as I post my reports & rankings for everyone to see & they are based on gradng film

This type of film?:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WhgDOOq3hDY?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/O2lLS4r_77g?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I like Nassib, but he is in no way shape or form anywhere close to what Geno Smith is giving you in all categories. Lande is absolutely ****ing nuts.

Talk about total stupidity - Reid drafted a Syracuse QB before, so he'll do it again for sure.

Idiot.

Tribal Warfare 01-20-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9335324)
ESPN's Adam Schefter predicted on Sunday Countdown that USC's Matt Barkley will be the first quarterback selected in April's draft.
"Mike Glennon and Geno Smith are in contention," Schefter acknowledged. "But when you speak to people around the league, they believe that Matt Barkley from USC -- despite being underwhelming in his stature -- will overwhelm them with his presence during the interview process. They believe that will be enough to propel him to be the top quarterback drafted this April." Although it's extremely early, there has been no separation yet among quarterbacks considered to be potential first-round picks in April. Therefore, Schefter's prediction is believable. A shoulder injury will keep Barkley from participating in next week's Senior Bowl, but he is expected to be healthy by February's Scouting Combine. Jan 20 - 2:39 PM

Who are they?

Saccopoo 01-20-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

What the **** is this shit?

You know, these guys have to say something stupid from here to the draft to keep people on their tweets and FB and shit.

BossChief 01-20-2013 02:01 PM

He is also ranked 4th overall...of all players graded.

ArrowheadMagic 01-20-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9335355)

Not to far away from BPA.

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-20-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9335353)
What the **** is this shit?

You know, these guys have to say something stupid from here to the draft to keep people on their tweets and FB and shit.

Yeah cause Adam has a reason to lie.

keg in kc 01-20-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9335355)

So you're saying trade down? :evil:

Rain Man 01-20-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadMagic (Post 9335360)
Not to far away from BPA.

Yeah, but if we go BPA we should be drafting OG Chance Warmack.

(Don't hit me! It was a joke! Draft Geno!)

Rausch 01-20-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9335464)
Yeah, but if we go BPA we should be drafting OG Chance Warmack.

(Don't hit me! It was a joke! Draft Geno!)

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ASoY9Zh9aQ...1600/alice.jpg

ChiefsCountry 01-20-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

About ****ing time the national media got their shit straight.

Tribal Warfare 01-20-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9335534)
About ****ing time the national media got their shit straight.

Until his shoulder gets ****ed up again.