ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV ‘X-Men: First Class’ Sequel Titled ‘Days of Future Past’? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261805)

Sure-Oz 04-15-2014 12:29 AM

Sentinels don't seem to look anything like the comics/cartoons

Sure-Oz 04-15-2014 09:04 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gsjtg7m1MMM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>final trailer. Yes!

Deberg_1990 04-15-2014 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 10565224)

Ok, that looks fantastic. They should have just cut that trailer from the beginning.

keg in kc 04-15-2014 09:34 PM

And there's the clip I saw sometime earlier with Iceman getting his head knocked off. LMAO

Good trailer.

ThaVirus 04-15-2014 09:48 PM

So Quicksilver won't even be Magneto's son in this universe? **** me, dude. This is Wolverine and Sabertooth in X Men 1 all over again.

..And this is after The Wolverine so Wolvie has bone claws exposed but adamantium still laced to the rest of his skeleton, correct?

bowener 04-15-2014 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 10563231)
Sentinels don't seem to look anything like the comics/cartoons

The one in the more recent trailers is one that exists in the future. I think there are slightly more traditional looking ones around when Trask first builds them up to the present day in this movie. At least that is what I have gathered from all the shit leading up to now.

edit: When I say "traditional" I mean that they appear like the older purple ones in their abilities and build. They are not like the shape shifting ones of the future.

keg in kc 04-15-2014 10:09 PM

I still think the 'original' ones look goofy as hell, with those clear plastic facemasks.

bevischief 04-16-2014 10:11 AM

This could be good.

Bowser 04-16-2014 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10565338)
So Quicksilver won't even be Magneto's son in this universe? **** me, dude. This is Wolverine and Sabertooth in X Men 1 all over again.

..And this is after The Wolverine so Wolvie has bone claws exposed but adamantium still laced to the rest of his skeleton, correct?

I'm going to say no. My theory is that Xavier sends Logan's future consciousness back to inhabit his younger self, therefore you get the adamantium claws all over again.

Bowser 04-16-2014 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10566285)
I'm going to say no. My theory is that Xavier sends Logan's future consciousness back to inhabit his younger self, therefore you get the adamantium claws all over again.

Of course, if you do that, you get all kinds of paradox issues for the future X-Men films. Maybe Xavier accounts for that? Maybe I'm completely off....

ThaVirus 04-16-2014 01:17 PM

:hmmm:

Well at about 2:07 in that new trailer you can see Wolverine with the bone claws. Of course, there's no way to know if that is Logan's past or future self so there's no point in guessing..

If they send Logan back 50 years into the past from around 2020, I'm guessing, that'll put him in the 70s which would have been before he got the adamantium anyway.

Gravedigger 04-16-2014 02:14 PM

This movie looks great. The liberties that Fox has taken with Xmen are atrocious, the absolute worst out of any comic book franchise. It was bad enough that Rogue got pussified, that Cyclops and Professor X died, and that Wolverine Origins even existed, but why the hell bring Quicksilver in and not make him Magneto's son? Why do you need to bring HIM in just to mess up his background and story? Isn't there another mutant that could've helped them get down to the prison without being seen? I mean it's just stupid sometimes and I really can't wait till the rights go back to Marvel because they need to relaunch the Xmen. As my favorite comic book heroes ever, they've been given a raw deal.

Aries Walker 04-16-2014 09:10 PM

Remember that, when the first X-Men movie came out, they didn't know the superhero genre would take off like it did. In the first cast, they had to include Wolverine and Storm (the two most popular), Cyclops and Jean (the two integral to the plot), and Rogue (whose can't-touch-you power best symbolize mutant isolation), so right off the bat they couldn't follow the original team lineup. After that, they've been trying to fix the timeline, but then it got worse for them when Brian Singer bailed to make that awful Superman movie, and they churned out two awful movies, killing two of their most pivotal characters in the process. Whoopsie.

Since then, they've been trying their best to repair the canon, and they're getting better - The Wolverine was the closest they've been yet to remaining faithful to the actual story. As for a reboot, it will take Stewart, McKellan, and (most importantly) the un-recastable Hugh Jackman to retire or die before they do that - and seeing as Jackman appears to be intent on playing Wolverine well into his old age, I wouldn't hold your breath.

Tribal Warfare 04-16-2014 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 10567886)
Hugh Jackman to retire or die before they do that - and seeing as Jackman appears to be intent on playing Wolverine well into his old age, I wouldn't hold your breath.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/...g-as-wolverine

Sure-Oz 04-16-2014 10:01 PM

Shit http://www.thewrap.com/bryan-singer-...g-underage-boy