ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Science Cannabis oil has been shrinking tumors in woman's brain (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271669)

OrtonsPiercedTaint 04-01-2013 07:37 PM

Off to the food forum..

Johnny Vegas 04-01-2013 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco (Post 9547611)
I don't know or care who she is. Bump's the hopeful stoner.

you know, god forbid, if your son or daughter has brain cancer and show dramatic results that can help hundreds of thousands of others that have the same condition I would hope you want others to give a shit about them because they can save others lives like this woman can do by showing a different path for treatment that actually works.

Bump, watched the video and I am not surprised the father would have to go behind the doctors back and treat his son with cannabis oil. Now his son is cancer free when he was diagnosed with cancer at the age of 2. Crazy that his son went 40 days without physically eating food and needed a tube to feed him and the start of the cannabis treatment he began eating on his own and they removed the tube.

Bump 04-01-2013 07:58 PM

I'm definitely going to follow the progress of this pretty gal.

lewdog 04-01-2013 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9547675)
I'm definitely going to follow the progress of this pretty gal.

Pervert.

GloucesterChief 04-01-2013 08:02 PM

Not a lot of research has been done on the medicinal properties of cannabis because its a narcotic and you need permission from the DEA to study it and well it is in their interests to make sure that cannabis stays illegal.

Really, if the FDA was just formed today: Cannabis would be legal and Aspirin and Tylenol would be illegal.

Cephalic Trauma 04-01-2013 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 9547684)
Not a lot of research has been done on the medicinal properties of cannabis because its a schedule A narcotic and you need permission from the DEA and well it is in their interests to make sure that cannabis stays illegal.

Really, if the FDA was just formed today: Cannabis would be legal and Aspirin and Tylenol would be illegal.

O rly?

ClevelandBronco 04-01-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Vegas (Post 9547639)
you know, god forbid, if your son or daughter has brain cancer and show dramatic results that can help hundreds of thousands of others that have the same condition I would hope you want others to give a shit about them because they can save others lives like this woman can do by showing a different path for treatment that actually works.

Bump, watched the video and I am not surprised the father would have to go behind the doctors back and treat his son with cannabis oil. Now his son is cancer free when he was diagnosed with cancer at the age of 2. Crazy that his son went 40 days without physically eating food and needed a tube to feed him and the start of the cannabis treatment he began eating on his own and they removed the tube.

As I said, I'll wait for the peer review before I believe that's what has taken place here or that it's likely to be demonstrably effective in similar cases.

GloucesterChief 04-01-2013 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9547689)
O rly?

Aspirin and Tylenol have some really nasty side effects with just a little bit of an overdose and can be fatal if you have an allergic reaction to it among other things.

They can really do a number on your liver and kidneys.

Really NSAIDS are pretty nasty things.

Shogun 04-01-2013 08:27 PM

its criminal that it is illegal.

Cephalic Trauma 04-01-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 9547722)
Aspirin and Tylenol have some really nasty side effects with just a little bit of an overdose and can be fatal if you have an allergic reaction to it among other things.

They can really do a number on your liver and kidneys.

Really NSAIDS are pretty nasty things.

Do you know much tylenol must be taken in a day before toxic effects kick in (in a nonallergic patient)? What is the prevalence of acetominophen allergy?

How about aspirin?

Yeah, you don't know what you're talking about.

Cephalic Trauma 04-01-2013 08:42 PM

I'm really hoping the OP and Bump secure an NIH grant and prove all those rotten doctors/PhDs wrong.

Bump 04-01-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9547787)
I'm really hoping the OP and Bump secure an NIH grant and prove all those rotten doctors/PhDs wrong.

you are studying to be a doctor or some shit right? It's surprising that you wouldn't be fascinated by the potential of this plant. Or maybe you can't think outside of the box or something? just do what they tell you, sort of thing?

Dave Lane 04-01-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Vegas (Post 9547583)
dang I'd love to read that article, but it says no longer available. I don't doubt it for a bit though. Seems to do excellent with brain injuries/cancer as well as all forms of cancer as you and I know cannabis suppresses cancer cell growth.

Love the glass work on your pipe in your avatar. Serious skill to make that bad boy. You know who did it?

Dave Lane 04-01-2013 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco (Post 9547692)
As I said, I'll wait for the peer review before I believe that's what has taken place here or that it's likely to be demonstrably effective in similar cases.

I'm with you. I'd love it to be true but like many non-scientific things I want to see some demonstrable, verifiable proof.

Cephalic Trauma 04-01-2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9547994)
I'm with you. I'd love it to be true but like many non-scientific things I want to see some demonstrable, verifiable proof.

Yeah, it would need a working hypothesis backed by some sort of scientific logic before it receives a grant. Then, a legitimate clinical trial would have to be done in order put it into practice.

This is science 101. Trust me, the paranoid ramblings of our resident stoner don't come close to undermining the legitimacy of a very sophisticated scientific population. If there was any sort of logic behind it, I am 100% certain it would garner funding.