ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Borderlands 2 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=256390)

frankotank 02-22-2012 03:53 PM

I had beaten the last monster and was messing around in live and ran into two dudes that had mods. one gave me a machine gun with something like 4 million power. the other guy gave me a shield with something like 10 million power. so now that character can stand unfazed while being beaten by a crowd and one bullet blows dudes to hamburger. on the one hand it's kinda cool.....on the other hand....WHY WHY WHY would you play like that? what fun could there be? I just don't understand why people mod things.

on an aside note....I often wonder how many mods are running around in black ops and MW3.

Imon Yourside 02-22-2012 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 8390954)
I had beaten the last monster and was messing around in live and ran into two dudes that had mods. one gave me a machine gun with something like 4 million power. the other guy gave me a shield with something like 10 million power. so now that character can stand unfazed while being beaten by a crowd and one bullet blows dudes to hamburger. on the one hand it's kinda cool.....on the other hand....WHY WHY WHY would you play like that? what fun could there be? I just don't understand why people mod things.

on an aside note....I often wonder how many mods are running around in black ops and MW3.

I believe those weapons are patched, or do they still work?

cookster50 02-23-2012 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 8390895)
what would I do without CP!?

Chicks

frankotank 02-23-2012 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 8391924)
I believe those weapons are patched, or do they still work?

I don't know! I'll have to check. I never use that guy anymore (actually I rarely even play it at all anymore I've gone thru so many times) cause he's leveled out and there are no challenges left so he's not fun anymore.

Imon Yourside 02-23-2012 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 8392252)
I don't know! I'll have to check. I never use that guy anymore (actually I rarely even play it at all anymore I've gone thru so many times) cause he's leveled out and there are no challenges left so he's not fun anymore.

Ya i think they patched that crazy stuff and you are lvl 69? i know they increased max level after the 3 dlc's to i think 69.

frankotank 02-23-2012 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 8392357)
Ya i think they patched that crazy stuff and you are lvl 69? i know they increased max level after the 3 dlc's to i think 69.

yeah I'm pretty sure. I'm maxed out and have all the dlc's so 69 sounds right. gotta check it out tonight. I tell ya, pretty cool hitting a dude with just one bullet outta that machine gun and watching him blow to tiny bits.

speaking of the dlc's....coulda done without the zombies. half life kinda freaked me out and ruined me on zombies. I mean come one....how the hell does a zombie jump up in front of you in two inches of water!

Imon Yourside 02-23-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 8393006)
yeah I'm pretty sure. I'm maxed out and have all the dlc's so 69 sounds right. gotta check it out tonight. I tell ya, pretty cool hitting a dude with just one bullet outta that machine gun and watching him blow to tiny bits.

speaking of the dlc's....coulda done without the zombies. half life kinda freaked me out and ruined me on zombies. I mean come one....how the hell does a zombie jump up in front of you in two inches of water!

Moxxi's and Knoxx were great, Robot Revolution was good and the zombie dlc was just ok.

QuikSsurfer 02-23-2012 02:03 PM

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-conte...mg/amazing.gif

The Franchise 02-23-2012 02:03 PM

Just ok? The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned was ****ing hilarious.

frankotank 02-24-2012 11:26 AM

OK, I checked it out. my mods are still working. I had forgotten how insane they are and that I actually have two modded guns.
(when the guy gave me the shield he said...watch my guy when I drop this shield...so when he did about 1000 shields poured out onto the ground. there was a huge pile of them. all the same... he said he cannot get rid of it...as in he can't truly drop it)

shield = 2,147,483,647 (I shit you not!)
repeater = 303,570 * 5
machine gun = 487,211 * 3

when I shoot an unarmored guy with just one shot it's awesome...just blood and little bits explode everywhere. I went to the underdome for a while just to play around. in horde wave I'd wait for them all to get around me then just start blasting. even the bosses explode on one shot.

September 18th is marked on my calendar!

is it true you can be banned from XBOX if you are using mods live? sounds kinda harsh.

frankotank 02-24-2012 12:20 PM

interesting article.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entert...,7387995.story

wouldn't have posted here except for this
"And as far as we know, you'll be able to take your stats with you online and off."

that is one thing I hated about the original....I actually enjoyed leveling up by myself. but then I'd go into live and lose my accomplishments.

also read somewhere that the dual wielding on the big guy is for ANY combination of guns. cool.

Imon Yourside 02-25-2012 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8393136)
Just ok? The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned was ****ing hilarious.

Ya The humor is awesome, i'm admittedly not a big fan of zombies though. It was IMO my least favorite DLC. I am not saying it was horrible, I still played through it just not my favorite. I remember when Moxxi's 1st came out no one liked it, but as everyone finished the game the arena combat was welcomed.

Imon Yourside 02-25-2012 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 8395144)
OK, I checked it out. my mods are still working. I had forgotten how insane they are and that I actually have two modded guns.
(when the guy gave me the shield he said...watch my guy when I drop this shield...so when he did about 1000 shields poured out onto the ground. there was a huge pile of them. all the same... he said he cannot get rid of it...as in he can't truly drop it)

shield = 2,147,483,647 (I shit you not!)
repeater = 303,570 * 5
machine gun = 487,211 * 3

when I shoot an unarmored guy with just one shot it's awesome...just blood and little bits explode everywhere. I went to the underdome for a while just to play around. in horde wave I'd wait for them all to get around me then just start blasting. even the bosses explode on one shot.

September 18th is marked on my calendar!

is it true you can be banned from XBOX if you are using mods live? sounds kinda harsh.

I think it's maybe just the PC version that was patched to prevent that kind of cheating. We have an item editor but we can't make anything that ridiculous anymore.

Imon Yourside 08-07-2012 11:23 PM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NWe2k_ftWu0?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nicvyhrmTDs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bump 08-09-2012 07:24 PM

I haven't played the first one but I plan on getting this. Assuming TL2 isn't out by then.