ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Netflix: House of Cards (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269533)

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 02-14-2014 09:29 PM

Holy shit. TV sure makes me root for some despicable characters. Frank is in beast mode

KcMizzou 02-14-2014 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy lost the toss (Post 10433949)
Holy shit. TV sure makes me root for some despicable characters. Frank is in beast mode

Spoiler!

007 02-14-2014 11:02 PM

JFC WOW!!!!

BigRedChief 02-14-2014 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10434028)
JFC WOW!!!!

THIS! Anyone who said they saw that coming are FOS.

cdcox 02-14-2014 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 10434032)

In the first 2 minutes of the series the guy choked the life out of a dog with his bare hands. As soon as I saw that I knew that there was nothing he wasn't capable of.

Episode 4. Whoa.

007 02-14-2014 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 10434032)

It isn't very often that a TV show will register a physical response from me. That moment.... :eek:

Silock 02-15-2014 02:05 AM

EPISODE 7 JESUS CHRIST

|Zach| 02-15-2014 02:40 AM

I am 5 episodes in will surely take in more tomorrow. Love this show though.

SPATCH 02-15-2014 11:49 AM

Does anybody else get really freaked out by the dialog between Frank and Claire or Frank and any of the other politicians?

It feels like no one is ever communicating with any sincerity. No one ever stops playing the game. Conversations between Frank and the president are completely vacuous (not that surprising, I guess, but they are SO dedicated to the facade). But, Frank and Claire really freak me out. They are political with eachother 100% of the time. It gives me the creeps, man.

Edit: and Episode 1 of season 2 destroyed my entire world.

BigRedChief 02-15-2014 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 10434170)
I am 5 episodes in will surely take in more tomorrow. Love this show though.

Same here. Finishing off the series tonight.

BigRedChief 02-15-2014 11:54 AM

What's etiquette for this series on spoilers. The usual in the media center is if its broadcast its fair game. But, this is released all at once.

Do we put everything in spoilers?

Wait say .... two weeks then post non spoilers?

Or just expect everyone to stay out until they see the whole series and talk openly?

What say you?

BigRedChief 02-15-2014 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_spatula (Post 10434676)
Does anybody else get really freaked out by the dialog between Frank and Claire or Frank and any of the other politicians?

It feels like no one is ever communicating with any sincerity. No one ever stops playing the game. Conversations between Frank and the president are completely vacuous (not that surprising, I guess, but they are SO dedicated to the facade). But, Frank and Claire really freak me out. They are political with each other 100% of the time. It gives me the creeps, man.

These characters may be embellished and dramatized for tv but you know people like this exist in Washington. History has proven that power is an allure that many find irresistible. They commit any crimes and sell their soul to have power.

Rausch 02-15-2014 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 10434683)
What's etiquette for this series on spoilers. The usual in the media center is if its broadcast its fair game. But, this is released all at once.

Do we put everything in spoilers?

Wait say .... two weeks then post non spoilers?

Or just expect everyone to stay out until they see the whole series and talk openly?

What say you?

I'd say expect no one has watched when talking spoilers. It's all out there.
Hell, day one you could spoil the season end...

SPATCH 02-15-2014 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 10434696)
These characters may be embellished and dramatized for tv but you know people like this exist in Washington. History has proven that power is an allure that many find irresistible. They commit any crimes and sell their soul to have power.

It's weird. I don't get scared when I watch "scary" movies. But, really subtle things like this can absolutely terrify me.

I can't really explain it, but I get SO uncomfortable when I watch the show.

I feel like I am witnessing true psychosis.. not the generic depiction of psychopaths we're all kind of used to seeing on tv/movies where everything is spelled out for you.

It's genius, really. I can't get enough of it.

Silock 02-15-2014 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_spatula (Post 10434676)

It feels like no one is ever communicating with any sincerity. No one ever stops playing the game. Conversations between Frank and the president are completely vacuous (not that surprising, I guess, but they are SO dedicated to the facade). But, Frank and Claire really freak me out. They are political with eachother 100% of the time. It gives me the creeps, man.

I think the only honest dialogue in the whole show is between them. They both know where they at and with each other.