ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Anybody still think Haley shouldn't have been fired? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266565)

Sorter 11-13-2012 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9117164)
How much of that was Whisenhunt and how much of that was Haley?

It's pretty clear to me that Tony Sparano and Todd Haley had success in Dallas due to ONE reason:

Sean Payton.

Both of those guys haven't done dick since moving on from the Cowboys. After seeing Haley's play calling with the Chiefs and now Pittsburgh, I'm pretty sure he was another in the long line Peter Principle'd coaches, if not outright and pure nepotism.

Again, that is a variable to consider. I am under the impression Haley was in charge of playcalls for AZ that year. I have no idea as to the influence or control Wiz had that year. I do know that they both incorporate similar philosophies. However, it very well could be that Haley was just PP'd.

All I'm trying to really say Dane, is that it is hard to make a complete evaluation on Todd due to his circumstances here without knowing entirely what he had control over. There are several things he did that were laughable. There were also things that I did appreciate.

Personally, the things that I know he had control over that he ****ed up are in larger quantity than the things he did exceptionally well here. However, it is entirely possible he could have done more things better with a more encouraging GM.

Brock 11-13-2012 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9117169)
I can't accurately judge anything under Pioli. I don't know how anyone could do their job adequately with that ****stick around.

We thought last seasons OL was shit until Orton was under center.

You might have thought that.

Sorter 11-13-2012 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9117168)
No, it is not.

Occam's Razor.

If Tampa Bay can put up 38 points, why can't Todd Haley? The guy that knows every strength and weakness of the Chiefs defense, like no other person on the planet?

Let's not forget that Byron Leftwich has won a ton of games in the NFL. He wasn't exactly Tyler Palko out there. And even so, the playcalling didn't change from Ben to Leftwich.

Byron Leftwich is garbage. Come on.

I acknowledged that Todd did a poor job on MNF. That doesn't mean he is entirely horrible.

DaneMcCloud 11-13-2012 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9117175)
Again, that is a variable to consider. I am under the impression Haley was in charge of playcalls for AZ that year. I have no idea as to the influence or control Wiz had that year. I do know that they both incorporate similar philosophies. However, it very well could be that Haley was just PP'd.

All I'm trying to really say Dane, is that it is hard to make a complete evaluation on Todd due to his circumstances here without knowing entirely what he had control over. There are several things he did that were laughable. There were also things that I did appreciate.

Personally, the things that I know he had control over that he ****ed up are in larger quantity than the things he did exceptionally well here. However, it is entirely possible he could have done more things better with a more encouraging GM.

He was a complete cluster**** of a **** in 2009.

He was forced to hire Romeo, Weis and Zorn in 2010 and his team improved dramatically.

Weis left and in 2011, he was back to being a ****, who was later fired with cause.

I just look at the facts. There have been countless coaches throughout NFL history that have clashed with their GM and his personnel decisions, yet went on to win and win consistently during the regular season and playoffs (some, even Super Bowls).

Todd Haley is not NFL head coaching material. He may be a decent OC on his own but he's facing his biggest challenge yet:

The Pittsburgh Steelers without Ben Rothlisberger.

Let's see how well he does with Batch and Leftwich, two guys that Bruce Arians was able to win with, before crowning his ass.

DaneMcCloud 11-13-2012 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9117182)
Byron Leftwich is garbage. Come on.

I acknowledged that Todd did a poor job on MNF. That doesn't mean he is entirely horrible.

It doesn't mean that he's anything special, either, which what some Chiefs fans want to believe.

Hindsight is 50/50.

Sorter 11-13-2012 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9117185)
He was a complete cluster**** of a **** in 2009.

He was forced to hire Romeo, Weis and Zorn in 2010 and his team improved dramatically.

Weis left and in 2011, he was back to being a ****, who was later fired with cause.

I just look at the facts. There have been countless coaches throughout NFL history that have clashed with their GM and his personnel decisions, yet went on to win and win consistently during the regular season and playoffs (some, even Super Bowls).

Todd Haley is not NFL head coaching material. He may be a decent OC on his own but he's facing his biggest challenge yet:

The Pittsburgh Steelers without Ben Rothlisberger.

Let's see how well he does with Batch and Leftwich, two guys that Bruce Arians was able to win with, before crowning his ass.

You know I'm not "crowning his ass". I think that this situation will be a good chance to evaluate Todd.

The rest of your post I agree with and you know that through my previous posts.

BigMeatballDave 11-13-2012 10:24 PM

LMAO love watching the Haley haters get their panties in a bunch.

I liked Todd and think things could have been different under better management.

I'm done here. He's not with the Chiefs anymore and I couldn't give a shit less.

DaneMcCloud 11-13-2012 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9117187)
You know I'm not "crowning his ass". I think that this situation will be a good chance to evaluate Todd.

I wasn't referring to you with this statement, just people in this thread.

Apologies.

Sorter 11-13-2012 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9117186)
It doesn't mean that he's anything special, either, which what some Chiefs fans want to believe.

Hindsight is 50/50.

I hope you aren't lumping me in with that group. He could be special but for me, it is hard to make a finite determination based on his tenure here, given the circumstances.

That said, if I were a GM, I would likely pass on Todd at the moment.

Sorter 11-13-2012 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9117193)
I wasn't referring to you with this statement, just people in this thread.

Apologies.

Missed this post.

Enjoy some of da Boxxy
http://chan.catiewayne.com/b/src/132866036959.gif

DaneMcCloud 11-13-2012 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9117191)
LMAO love watching the Haley haters get their panties in a bunch.

I liked Todd and think things could have been different under better management.

I'm done here. He's not with the Chiefs anymore and I couldn't give a shit less.

What could you have possibly liked about Todd Haley?

He had the personality of a ****ing goat turd. His teams sucked ass on the field. He was a ****ing dick to his players and coaches.

Please explain.

BigMeatballDave 11-13-2012 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9117203)
What could you have possibly liked about Todd Haley?

He had the personality of a ****ing goat turd. His teams sucked ass on the field. He was a ****ing dick to his players and coaches.

Please explain.

Seeing as I was in Ohio during his time and not a member of the Chiefs, I don't have the first damn clue.

Seems like his ex players liked him. Breaston signed with the Chiefs because of him.

Anyway, that's all. I no longer care enough about Todd to continue discussing this.

DaneMcCloud 11-13-2012 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9117229)
Seeing as I was in Ohio during his time and not a member of the Chiefs, I don't have the first damn clue.

Seems like his ex players liked him. Breaston signed with the Chiefs because of him.

Anyway, that's all. I no longer care enough about Todd to continue discussing this.

Breaston signed with the Chiefs because they were the only team to give him $5 million up front and $5 million per year.

That's worked out well, considering he was deactivated last night.

Titty Meat 11-13-2012 10:35 PM

Todd did a great job coaching his team against his Jets last year didnt he?

lcarus 11-13-2012 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9117238)
That's worked out well, considering he was deactivated last night.

Yeah but his moral support was AMAZING