ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Sporting KC ** 2013 Sporting Kansas City / Soccer Thread ** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267316)

Stanley Nickels 06-30-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9785667)
Felt good to get that win...and the way they were moving the ball around. Felt like the good ol days for a while.

Some really impressive combinations in the opponents' third. Lots of good off-ball movement, and Zusi's got to be the best passer in the country right now. Just incredible touch and vision.

Fansy the Famous Bard 07-01-2013 07:36 AM

*cough* Sinovic *cough*

I still think we need to upgrade, badly. He's not a horrible reserve, but he's not starter quality. I know I know.... back to my hole in the ground.

|Zach| 07-01-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 9785920)
*cough* Sinovic *cough*

I still think we need to upgrade, badly. He's not a horrible reserve, but he's not starter quality. I know I know.... back to my hole in the ground.

It was a bad pass. I mean...you're still in the minority.

He was on the short list for a USMNT callup before a shake up in the lineup and just an "ok" season this year instead of a great one.

Kidd Lex 07-01-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9786934)
It was a bad pass. I mean...you're still in the minority.

He was on the short list for a USMNT callup before a shake up in the lineup and just an "ok" season this year instead of a great one.

This is true, but well before that shitty back pass he was having an atrocious game. Thank god KK brought his A+ game.

SPATCH 07-01-2013 05:50 PM

I'm not a big Sinovic fan, either.

You know who I do like, who I know absolutely nothing about? Mechack Jerome.

I have only seen him play once, and I don't even remember who it was against, but I was VIBING him.

Is he supposed to be any good? I really don't know...

Anyway, Mechack Jerome needs more carries.

|Zach| 07-01-2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_spatula (Post 9786965)
I'm not a big Sinovic fan, either.

You know who I do like, who I know absolutely nothing about? Mechack Jerome.

I have only seen him play once, and I don't even remember who it was against, but I was VIBING him.

Is he supposed to be any good? I really don't know...

Anyway, Mechack Jerome needs more carries.

He plays well. Great depth. If given the time and positioning can send a rock on to the goal.

He isn't quite as good at linking up with our offensive guys or sending in a good cross but has been a nice component to our team all year.

Demonpenz 07-01-2013 08:16 PM

Pretty big rumblings about Nielson around my area, Sinonvic is alright....I am used to perfection with the back line so any hiccup seems to stand out.

Demonpenz 07-03-2013 11:09 PM

Blaaaaa... Southstands was awesome tonight...very loud...Collin Beasler...Ellis were ok. Soony forgetable....Dwyer good...Jimmy blah......

Demonpenz 07-03-2013 11:10 PM

Glad for the point. Linked up passes well.

zigbazah 07-04-2013 12:32 AM

Point was deserved. We played pretty well, and so did Vancouver. Not a bad match.

morphius 07-04-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 9791646)
Blaaaaa... Southstands was awesome tonight...very loud...Collin Beasler...Ellis were ok. Soony forgetable....Dwyer good...Jimmy blah......

Did the crowd catch that Biesler had that post covered and then vacated it leaving Jimmy exposed? If B stays home there wouldn't have been a goal.

Superbowltrashcan 07-04-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 9792204)
Did the crowd catch that Biesler had that post covered and then vacated it leaving Jimmy exposed? If B stays home there wouldn't have been a goal.

I would be interested to know the thoughts of others on Nielsen. He seems to be one of the most unathletic goalies in MLS and his superb back 4 has kept him from being exposed. Once the back four is altered, he seems woefully prepared to make the athletic save. I know he is a captain and leader but he just doesn't seem to be able to make those saves at all anymore. He seems to have aged a decade in two years. I know he has wisdom and craftiness on his side but man a lot of these goals seem to be on him. Too harsh on my part?

memyselfI 07-04-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superbowltrashcan (Post 9792298)
I would be interested to know the thoughts of others on Nielsen. He seems to be one of the most unathletic goalies in MLS and his superb back 4 has kept him from being exposed. Once the back four is altered, he seems woefully prepared to make the athletic save. I know he is a captain and leader but he just doesn't seem to be able to make those saves at all anymore. He seems to have aged a decade in two years. I know he has wisdom and craftiness on his side but man a lot of these goals seem to be on him. Too harsh on my part?

While it's taken me awhile to come around to this position due to my like of Nielsen, my husband is right and has been all along. It's been the defense that has made him look good not the other way around. He's been exposed now that our defense is suspect because our midfield has imploded. He's got great leadership abilities and truly loves KC so I don't think he has no place on SKC but I am beginning to think his time is limited. :(

I'm just freakin tired of giving up goals in the last minute of play. Don't know how many leads or games we've lost this season because of it but it sucks. It also sucks to see Chance Myers almost commit the same error that Seth Sinovic made last week. Lack of concentration and discipline. Something is amiss and is hopefully corrected soon.

Demonpenz 07-05-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 9792204)

I am not sure Biesler can get his head up that high on two foot jump. That ball started on the post and curled in.

Demonpenz 07-05-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superbowltrashcan (Post 9792298)

Yeah he is bad.