ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Albert just called 610. Wants to stay in KC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269183)

The Franchise 02-05-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9380171)
Exactly.

The idea that you need a "great" left tackle to win a Super Bowl is as big a myth as "a quarterback is worth the 12th pick, but not the top overall pick"

The combination of Albert and Stephenson is as good, or better, than any starting left tackle of the recent Super Bowl winners.

And that's what makes a majority of our fans so reeruned.

EVEN if you believe that we should let Albert go.....not seeing what you have in Stephenson is even worse. Drafting Joekel would be a waste of 3 draft picks.

Mother****erJones 02-05-2013 01:44 PM

And the sack was given up in week 1 and that was it. He did miss most of the rest of the season from what was it like week 11? I cant remember. He's not injury prone but if KCs doctors say it checks out than sign him.

BossChief 02-05-2013 02:05 PM

I bet Joeckel doesn't get picked until 5th by the Lions and hey may go with Eric Fisher instead.

KC - Albert
Jac - Monroe
Oak - Veldheer
Phi - Peters
Det - Backus/Reiff
Cle - Thomas
Ari - ???
Buf - ???
NY - brick
Tenn - Roos

Sorter 02-05-2013 02:10 PM

I can't imagine Detriot taking a LT while Avril is a URFA and they just cut Vandenbosch. I'd expect them to take Werner or Moore.

CaliforniaChief 02-05-2013 02:11 PM

I'd pay Albert that much in a heartbeat. Not only has he done very well against some really good pass rushers, but he's also been part of an incredible running game (especially when you consider that we've had no passing game).

Pay. The. Man.

In fact, I don't buy either/or but I'd choose Albert over Bowe because of the implications of the draft that picking a turd like Joeckel would have for years to come.

Messier 02-05-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9380224)
I bet Joeckel doesn't get picked until 5th by the Lions and hey may go with Eric Fisher instead.

KC - Albert
Jac - Monroe
Oak - Veldheer
Phi - Peters
Det - Backus/Reiff
Cle - Thomas
Ari - ???
Buf - ???
NY - brick
Tenn - Roos

Don't think he'll get past Philly. Peters is a big ?

RealSNR 02-05-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9380224)

KC - Albert
Jac - Monroe
Oak - Veldheer
Phi - Peters
Det - Backus/Reiff
Cle - Thomas
Ari - ???
Buf - ???
NY - brick
Tenn - Roos

$10 says Oakland trades down for peanuts with a team outside the top 10 who wants a LT. The Raiders have got to be desperate to get out of that pick if Geno is gone and Jacksonville takes the top passrusher.

BossChief 02-05-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9380242)
I can't imagine Detriot taking a LT while Avril is a URFA and they just cut Vandenbosch. I'd expect them to take Werner or Moore.

I just looked up how many sacks Stafford took last year and ill agree with you. He was only sacked 29 times.

Arizona is QB hungry, but also needs a left tackle...I think Buffalo goes with either Nassib or Glennon.

Joeckel could drop out of the top ten...

htismaqe 02-05-2013 02:19 PM

Buffalo is gonna take Glennon.

BossChief 02-05-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9380275)
Buffalo is gonna take Glennon.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Buffalo take Nassib as their new coach is from Syracuse...but Glennon would probably be the better choice.

htismaqe 02-05-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9380286)
I wouldn't be surprised to see Buffalo take Nassib as their new coach is from Syracuse...but Glennon would probably be the better choice.

The GM has final say.

And he has a man crush on Glennon's arm.

BossChief 02-05-2013 02:31 PM

The owner has said they would trade up for a QB, too.