ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Vick to KC? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268510)

Oh Snap 01-04-2013 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9283918)
Yes, Ive watched his games.

Great pocket awareness, and extremely accurate, and the ability to esape pressure (which was constant) and keep his eyes downfield.

When he drives his hips through his passes, he has outstanding arm strength.

Would you bet your life on him being successful in his first year?

beach tribe 01-04-2013 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Narrow Head (Post 9283853)
Geno will need 2 or 3 seasons before he's ready to play in the NFL.

Dumbass

KChiefsQT 01-04-2013 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9283911)
Yep, sure have.

Tremendous accuracy and poise and awareness in the pocket. Additionally, he's been fearless in the face of pressure.

I'd start him week one and wouldn't think twice.

He has several guys wide open downfield damn near everytime the ball is snapped. That's not gonna happen in the NFL. I have my doubts. Hope I'm wrong but I don't think he's for sure starter material yet based on his college performance. Time will tell. You just never know with these rookies.

milkman 01-04-2013 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oh Snap (Post 9283928)
Would you bet your life on him being successful in his first year?

Stupid question.

I am as confident in his ability as any QB that has come out in the last 6 or drafts, except Luck.

BigRedChief 01-04-2013 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9283843)
Go back and look at the last 6 or 8 drafts, you dipshit.

Okay here are the QB's for the last 8 drafts. You are saying that Geo Smith is better than 2-or 3 of these QB's?

Luck
RGIII
Tannehill
Weeden
Wilson
Foles
Cousin
Newton
Ponder
Locker
Bradford
Stafford
Ryan
Flacco
Rogers
Manning
Rothelsiberger
Rivers
Schuab

KChiefsQT 01-04-2013 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9283918)
Yes, Ive watched his games.

Great pocket awareness, and extremely accurate, and the ability to esape pressure (which was constant) and keep his eyes downfield.

When he drives his hips through his passes, he has outstanding arm strength.

Well since none of us have a crystal ball handy, we'll just have to wait and see.

milkman 01-04-2013 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9283952)
Okay here are the QB's for the last 8 drafts. You are saying that Geo Smith is better than 2-or 3 of these QB's?

Luck
RGIII
Tannehill
Weeden
Wilson
Foles
Cousin
Newton
Ponder
Locker
Bradford
Stafford
Ryan
Flacco
Rogers
Manning
Rothelsiberger
Rivers
Schuab

I am saying there are only 2 or 3 better prospects in that list when they came out.

I like him as a prospect better than all but Luck and and maybe Stafford and Manning.

BigRedChief 01-04-2013 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9283963)
I am saying there are only 2 or 3 better prospects in that list when they came out.

I like him as a prospect better than all but Luck and and maybe Stafford and Manning.

I sure hope you are right.

BradBigglestein 01-04-2013 11:59 PM

I don't see it happening. Reid saw first hand the regression of Vick over the last two seasons. He will try to get a young franchise QB. Either via draft or trade.

Pin Head 01-05-2013 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 9283932)
Dumbass

Your delusions are hilarious.

DeezNutz 01-05-2013 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefsQT (Post 9283938)
He has several guys wide open downfield damn near everytime the ball is snapped. That's not gonna happen in the NFL. I have my doubts. Hope I'm wrong but I don't think he's for sure starter material yet based on his college performance. Time will tell. You just never know with these rookies.

I think the bold is true of all college players, regardless of position.

Pin Head 01-05-2013 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RippedmyFlesh (Post 9283898)
This
Vick and anyone who wants him can DIAF
He sucks and he's a dog killer.

My guess is that Vick goes to the team that hires Kelly.

JohnnyV13 01-05-2013 12:24 AM

I still think the idea of a veteran placeholder is sound. If the rook can win the job coming out of camp then great. It's sort of like the Seattle situation this season with Russell Wilson and Matt Flynn.

If the rook doesn't win, you have a QB that can run your system. Vick is a candidate but his recent injury history makes me doubt him. Alex Smith was playing well in SF, and can run a WCO, so he is a candidate too.

Of course, the veteran might not like it if we draft a rook #1 overall, which could impact the quality of veteran QB we'll attract.

rocknrolla 01-05-2013 12:29 AM

Seeing how Reid sat McNabb for until he was ready to start. I don't see him starting any QB we draft, hopefully Geno. And no to Vick. He is broken. And a NO to any QB on this team right now.

bevischief 01-05-2013 02:23 AM

If the price is right. Not Cassel contract and no draft picks.