ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Better Call Saul (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=277119)

dred 02-08-2015 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 11317465)
I couldn't sit through it

This.

I tried to give it a chance but I just don't have patience for shows like this.

notorious 02-08-2015 11:02 PM

Not bad.

Demonpenz 02-08-2015 11:02 PM

meh gave it a chance couldn't make it through.

'Hamas' Jenkins 02-08-2015 11:24 PM

It's the first episode and they're laying groundwork. Given what we already know about Saul, we need a pretty significant backstory.

I thought the cold open was extremely well done. Much like Saul, I kept waiting for a bomb to go off at any time. It truly helps you understand how thoroughly Walt ****ed over everyone in his path.

I thought he had good chemistry with McKean as well.

Tuco is the last person on Earth I would have expected.

cosmo20002 02-08-2015 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 11317399)
In Omaha

I recall in one of the Breaking Bad episodes where he and Walt were discussing getting out and starting a new life, Saul mentioned something about ending up in Omaha. I guess he did.

'Hamas' Jenkins 02-08-2015 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 11317537)
I recall in one of the Breaking Bad episodes where he and Walt were discussing getting out and starting a new life, Saul mentioned something about ending up in Omaha. I guess he did.

When they were both in the fixer's basement while he was making new identities, Saul quipped about managing a Cinnabon in Omaha.

cosmo20002 02-08-2015 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 11317525)
It's the first episode and they're laying groundwork. Given what we already know about Saul, we need a pretty significant backstory.

I thought the cold open was extremely well done. Much like Saul, I kept waiting for a bomb to go off at any time. It truly helps you understand how thoroughly Walt ****ed over everyone in his path.

I thought he had good chemistry with McKean as well.

Tuco is the last person on Earth I would have expected.

I expected McKean to play something of a slimeball. Looks like he's slightly nuts, but not sleazy (so far anyway).
Anyway, the BB connections will be interesting as long as they don't get too far-fetched with it.

keg in kc 02-09-2015 09:08 AM

I didn't make it through it either...

cause my dvr cut out halfway through Walking Dead and didn't record it. :(

cosmo20002 02-09-2015 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 11317544)
When they were both in the fixer's basement while he was making new identities, Saul quipped about managing a Cinnabon in Omaha.

Yes, that's it.
I did think it was a little confusing though. That was a flash-forward (I assume). And he made the Cinnabon in Omaha quip in the past.
That seems like an oddly specific quip for it to actually come true. It made me re-think the time line for a second.
Maybe he had an 'in' at Cinnabon and knew he could get a manager gig there?
Just seems weird.

mr. tegu 02-09-2015 11:50 AM

I really liked it. It is pretty awesome that we get another episode right away tonight.

DaneMcCloud 02-09-2015 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11317730)
I didn't make it through it either...

cause my dvr cut out halfway through Walking Dead and didn't record it. :(

It's on again tonight

Sfeihc 02-09-2015 01:59 PM

I really liked the slow play of the first episode for a couple of reasons. As previously mentioned Saul's backstory would need plenty of details to properly develop as the basis of the series. Second, the slow play of the first episode was worth it because I knew at some point it would pay off and boy did it. Can't wait for tonights episode.

notorious 02-09-2015 02:10 PM

No wonder some good series get cancelled after a season.

There are too many impatient people out there.

mr. tegu 02-09-2015 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sfeihc (Post 11318257)
I really liked the slow play of the first episode for a couple of reasons. As previously mentioned Saul's backstory would need plenty of details to properly develop as the basis of the series. Second, the slow play of the first episode was worth it because I knew at some point it would pay off and boy did it. Can't wait for tonights episode.

It is probably very tempting to jump right into the Saul we know, but taking the time to develop him slowly as his own lead character is the best way to go, even if some people can't handle that it is "slow."

Pitt Gorilla 02-09-2015 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 11318290)
It is probably very tempting to jump right into the Saul we know, but taking the time to develop him slowly as his own lead character is the best way to go, even if some people can't handle that it is "slow."

Agreed. It was a good setup. He's now broken "bad" as an ambulance chaser.