ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals *** Official 2017 Royals Repository *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306961)

C3HIEF3S 04-11-2017 02:13 PM

Royals wasting no more time on this bullshit. Just optioned Strahm to Omaha. No corresponding moves have been made, but there are two open roster spots. Word going around is that two relievers will be making their way to KC.

tk13 04-11-2017 02:41 PM

I'd bet money on two relievers too. We're already leaning too much on Moylan and Minor. They have to try and save Young for long relief opportunities, and Wood hasn't been great either.

WhawhaWhat 04-11-2017 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 12819796)
I'd bet money on two relievers too. We're already leaning too much on Moylan and Minor. They have to try and save Young for long relief opportunities, and Wood hasn't been great either.

Zimmer time?

mr. tegu 04-11-2017 02:53 PM

Why not O'Brien?

Chiefspants 04-11-2017 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C3HIEF3S (Post 12819748)
Royals wasting no more time on this bullshit. Just optioned Strahm to Omaha. No corresponding moves have been made, but there are two open roster spots. Word going around is that two relievers will be making their way to KC.

Good.

kgrund 04-11-2017 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 12819356)
It's almost like 7 games isn't enough of a sample size to judge an entire season.

We'd almost be through one half of a single football game right now. We'd be down a touchdown.

That really underscores just how valuable each football game and how insignificant each individual baseball game is. In a nutshell each NFL game is 10 times more important than a MLB game.

sedated 04-11-2017 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kgrund (Post 12819884)
In a nutshell each NFL game is 10 times more important than a MLB game.

Hope that math didn't give you a headache

KChiefs1 04-11-2017 05:37 PM

Martinez is starting for the Cardinals & got a hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prison Bitch 04-11-2017 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kgrund (Post 12819884)
That really underscores just how valuable each football game and how insignificant each individual baseball game is. In a nutshell each NFL game is 10 times more important than a MLB game.

That doesn't work. The final standings shown minimal separation at the end between playoff teams and those who just miss it. You can't just say "oh who cares we are 2-5, that's 1/23 a season". A couple this week could make the diff on October 1. Look at the 2014 Royals, 2 more losses they don't get in. 1 more, and they'd have played at Oakland not KC for the wild card

Chiefspants 04-11-2017 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 12820167)
That doesn't work. The final standings shown minimal separation at the end between playoff teams and those who just miss it. You can't just say "oh who cares we are 2-5, that's 1/23 a season". A couple this week could make the diff on October 1. Look at the 2014 Royals, 2 more losses they don't get in. 1 more, and they'd have played at Oakland not KC for the wild card

It goes both ways. In football there are often three or four 9-7 teams with only 1 or 2 wildcard spots for them to get in - only those slots are decided by things such as their divisional or conference record.

C3HIEF3S 04-11-2017 09:23 PM

Kyle Zimmer moving from AA-NWA to AAA-Omaha, where he will continue to start. He pitched pretty well in his first start in NWA - 4 IP 6H 1 ER 6 K's 0 BB. From what I can see he has been touching 95 on the gun. Encouraging, and if he's healthy, I bet he gets at least a cup of coffee with the Royals by September.

Other pitchers on the 40-man eligible to be recalled following the demotions of Gore and Strahm are:
Scott Alexander (L)
Miguel Almonte (R)
Andrew Edwards (R)
Jake Junis (R)
Kevin McCarthy (R)

In all likelihood two of the above five players are coming to KC.

nychief 04-12-2017 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C3HIEF3S (Post 12820475)
Kyle Zimmer moving from AA-NWA to AAA-Omaha, where he will continue to start. He pitched pretty well in his first start in NWA - 4 IP 6H 1 ER 6 K's 0 BB. From what I can see he has been touching 95 on the gun. Encouraging, and if he's healthy, I bet he gets at least a cup of coffee with the Royals by September.

Other pitchers on the 40-man eligible to be recalled following the demotions of Gore and Strahm are:
Scott Alexander (L)
Miguel Almonte (R)
Andrew Edwards (R)
Jake Junis (R)
Kevin McCarthy (R)

In all likelihood two of the above five players are coming to KC.

I think Alexander for sure. He almost made the team out of camp.
Don't you think they are also looking at the vet retreds like Parnell and Alberquerque?

C3HIEF3S 04-12-2017 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nychief (Post 12820835)
I think Alexander for sure. He almost made the team out of camp.
Don't you think they are also looking at the vet retreds like Parnell and Alberquerque?

If I had to guess it would be Alexander and Junis.

Parnell and Alburquerque are not on the 40-man roster, which is currently full IIRC. So for one of them to be eligible to be called up, someone on the 40-man would have to clear waivers or be traded.

C3HIEF3S 04-12-2017 08:41 AM

no walks
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Matt Strahm made his debut at Omaha last night: one hit, no runs, one strikeout, no walks in one inning.</p>&mdash; Jeffrey Flanagan (@FlannyMLB) <a href="https://twitter.com/FlannyMLB/status/852169527622336512">April 12, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

duncan_idaho 04-12-2017 08:41 AM

Man, tough on Strahm. I really like his Arsenal and hope he can get his fastball command straightened out. They're going to need him pitching well.

Sommer's first turn was encouraging. Wouldn't be surprised to see them put him in the pen in Omaha to prep him for the big league club. He needs to limit his innings this year, anyway, and could be a major weapon out of the bullpen with his arsenal.

Expect Alexander and one of Kennedy or Junis to get the big-league call. Most likely Kennedy, I think, since they probably would like to keep Junis stretched out as SP depth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk