ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Kodi Add Ons? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=297271)

laser1972 01-06-2016 10:26 AM

Kodi Add Ons?

I can do the search, but mostly its a lot of info, thought this qould be quicker..

I bought a box off the net and put Phoenix on there which I used most of the time, all other like Genesis, etc are gone.

Anyone else got some more add ons to add?.. Mostly for movies and tv shows.. Maybe NFL ticket?

Thanks to alL!

Fish 01-06-2016 10:45 AM

I'd recommend installing the handy Addon Installer. Easiest way to install addons.

First follow instructions to add Fusion Installer: http://www.tvaddons.ag/fusion-installer-kodi/

Second, follow instructions for installing Addon Installer: http://www.tvaddons.ag/addon-installer-kodi/

Once that's finished, just launch Addon Installer and browse plugins. The Featured section is a good place to start.

My recommendations:

1Channel/Primewire
SALTS
IceFilms
SportsDevil: http://forums.tvaddons.ag/sportsdevi...o-librtmp.html
NaviX

If you pay for NFL ticket, then download the NFL Gamepass app from Android Play store and watch that way.

frankotank 01-06-2016 06:07 PM

you must have Genesis! best one for the new movies. also good for old stuff. I too dig Phoenix...but mostly I use Genesis.

also Video Devil is great for the...naughty stuff....

Sports Devil will allow you to view PPV events as well as...well pretty much any sporting event that is televised on the planet.

oh yeah...and what fish said....(not familiar with SALTS but it's possible per the horrific vids he posts that it's....well....horrific! ROFL)

Fish 01-06-2016 07:51 PM

Genesis is great. But I'm afraid that its future is in limbo right now. The developer is no longer working on it, so it isn't getting regular updates. Sources are slowly disappearing from it. The good ones are mostly gone now. The developer says he might start working on it again, but if he did it would rely on realdebrid based sources. Which kinda sucks for US users. Realdebrid is a monthly account based setup, and I don't like it. It's still working at the moment, but it will likely continue to get worse regarding sources.

S.A.L.T.S. (Stream All The Sources) is cool it's a similar TV/Movies streamer from a bunch of different sources.

frankotank 01-07-2016 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 12004399)
Genesis is great. But I'm afraid that its future is in limbo right now. The developer is no longer working on it, so it isn't getting regular updates. Sources are slowly disappearing from it. The good ones are mostly gone now. The developer says he might start working on it again, but if he did it would rely on realdebrid based sources. Which kinda sucks for US users. Realdebrid is a monthly account based setup, and I don't like it. It's still working at the moment, but it will likely continue to get worse regarding sources.

S.A.L.T.S. (Stream All The Sources) is cool it's a similar TV/Movies streamer from a bunch of different sources.

hmm...guess that explains why all the AFDAH streams disappeared! that was my go to!

ragedogg69 01-07-2016 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 12004399)
Realdebrid is a monthly account based setup, and I don't like it. It's still working at the moment, but it will likely continue to get worse regarding sources.

Interesting. I have not noticed a difference recently in my RealDebrid. If a link is dead, nothing it can do about it. I get no buffering when a RD link loads.

Fish 01-07-2016 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 12005083)
Interesting. I have not noticed a difference recently in my RealDebrid. If a link is dead, nothing it can do about it. I get no buffering when a RD link loads.

Sorry, I was still talking about Genesis and its non-realdebrid links when saying it's still working, but will get worse.

ragedogg69 01-07-2016 12:05 PM

Also, I think Kodi is going to be coming to a crossroads pretty soon here. There are a lot of developers of add ons that are throwing up their hands and saying "**** it." While these android boxes are great. They flooded ebay with the cheap Chinese boxes that came with Kodi and genesis that advertised free tv and movies. When the links broke, all these entitled people came flooding in to harass the developers.

Also, from what I have heard, there is definitely politics going on with the Kodi team themselves. It sounds like the Android team is routinely ****ed over on enhancements on each release, so they have to release mods that should be standard features.

I have my own media library, so I will be okay if using Kodi if these add ons die. Hell, the lead for the youtube add on quit it. I am now just using a chromecast for that. I expect more stuff like that to happen.

ottawa_chiefs_fan 01-07-2016 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 12003370)
I'd recommend installing the handy Addon Installer. Easiest way to install addons.

First follow instructions to add Fusion Installer: http://www.tvaddons.ag/fusion-installer-kodi/

Second, follow instructions for installing Addon Installer: http://www.tvaddons.ag/addon-installer-kodi/

Once that's finished, just launch Addon Installer and browse plugins. The Featured section is a good place to start.

My recommendations:

1Channel/Primewire
SALTS
IceFilms
SportsDevil: http://forums.tvaddons.ag/sportsdevi...o-librtmp.html
NaviX

If you pay for NFL ticket, then download the NFL Gamepass app from Android Play store and watch that way.

hmm - my icefilms died a few months ago and won't come back...

Fish 01-07-2016 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 12005105)
Also, I think Kodi is going to be coming to a crossroads pretty soon here. There are a lot of developers of add ons that are throwing up their hands and saying "**** it." While these android boxes are great. They flooded ebay with the cheap Chinese boxes that came with Kodi and genesis that advertised free tv and movies. When the links broke, all these entitled people came flooding in to harass the developers.

Also, from what I have heard, there is definitely politics going on with the Kodi team themselves. It sounds like the Android team is routinely ****ed over on enhancements on each release, so they have to release mods that should be standard features.

I have my own media library, so I will be okay if using Kodi if these add ons die. Hell, the lead for the youtube add on quit it. I am now just using a chromecast for that. I expect more stuff like that to happen.

I doubt it. There's been talk of XBMC/KODI being on the brink of death for as long as it's been in existence. Back in the day, Megaupload was the sole hoster for over 99% of all available media. When they got shutdown, everyone said it was dead and there was no way other hosters could pick up the slack. When Icefilms changed their API, and then their domain, everyone said it was all dead. When 1Channel got shut down, everyone said it was dead. But we remain. We have adapted and overcome each and every time. And we will continue to do so, because we are passionate, smart, and we are legion. Life goes on..

Fish 01-07-2016 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ottawa_chiefs_fan (Post 12005142)
hmm - my icefilms died a few months ago and won't come back...

Script error?

Did you try to uninstall and reinstall it?

DC.chief 01-07-2016 03:33 PM

I use genesis through kodi on a firestick and it's practically worthless. I'm far from a pro at this stuff though.

My issue is with connection. I've only been able to successfully watch a couple movies on it. Other times it fails to load, or just simply freezes every 10-15 seconds to buffer. Im not sure I even remember where the firestick is at this point. think I got frustrated and chucked it

SAGA45 01-07-2016 03:41 PM

I don't see Sports Devil listed in my Add-on Downloader/Video Add-ons....wrong folder?

Fish 01-07-2016 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAGA45 (Post 12005547)
I don't see Sports Devil listed in my Add-on Downloader/Video Add-ons....wrong folder?

SportsDevil currently isn't available via Addon Installer. That's why I included the url for how to download and install it. Check the url in my post above.

ragedogg69 01-07-2016 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 12005261)
I doubt it. There's been talk of XBMC/KODI being on the brink of death for as long as it's been in existence. Back in the day, Megaupload was the sole hoster for over 99% of all available media. When they got shutdown, everyone said it was dead and there was no way other hosters could pick up the slack. When Icefilms changed their API, and then their domain, everyone said it was all dead. When 1Channel got shut down, everyone said it was dead. But we remain. We have adapted and overcome each and every time. And we will continue to do so, because we are passionate, smart, and we are legion. Life goes on..

none of those issues were with kodi itself. these are internal problems coming to the surface.

ottawa_chiefs_fan 01-08-2016 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 12005263)
Script error?

Did you try to uninstall and reinstall it?

no i did not - and yes - it was the script error - thanks for this!!

dirk digler 01-08-2016 07:57 AM

I am mostly using Navi-x and SALTS now. I did notice Genesis getting worse and worse with the streams and have slowly stopped using it.

ragedogg69 01-09-2016 09:42 AM

So here is something not so fun about Genesis next month. Real-Debrid will be changing their login API next month. So unless Genesis gets update, those links will not work on there either.

To get around this, you can use Kinkin's addon that will bring up multiple add ons links for which ever addon you are browsing. I havnt used it, on paper it looks brilliant.

http://www.koditips.com/new-my-subsc...add-on-kinkin/

notorious 01-09-2016 10:09 AM

God Damnit, I got Kodi 6 months ago and it's already going to shit.

Shaid 01-09-2016 11:21 AM

CartoonHD through the chromecast is still very reliable and so I still have that as an option.

For Kodi, I did get a Firestick a while ago and installed it. Worked great with the Beast build until Genesis started crapping out. I ended up installing the Spinztv build. 1Channel and Salts generally work just fine for me, prefer Salts currently because there is a little rating next to some streams on their reliability. I wouldn't have even gone with Kodi because Cartoon HD is so easy but the LiveTV and streaming of Chiefs games through SportsDevil is why I keep it up. Plus there are occasionally some shows that CartoonHD doesn't have, Kodi has everything. Here's how you install Spinz if anyone is interested. For the Firestick, be prepared that it will sometimes need to update some things on it's own and may need to be restarted here and there if it does that. Generally once the updates are done it works fine. If something locks, just hold the middle select button and the play button at the same time and it'll reboot for you.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/r-L9jiWxqkE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

007 01-10-2016 05:28 PM

whats the best box on the market now Fish? My gbox is getting really damn slow.

SAGA45 01-11-2016 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 12005615)
SportsDevil currently isn't available via Addon Installer. That's why I included the url for how to download and install it. Check the url in my post above.

Good stuff! Thanks !

Skyy God 01-11-2016 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 12017443)

New Amazon Fire TV is, supposedly, 75% faster than the 1st gen.

SuperChief 01-13-2016 03:51 PM

Quote:

Amazon FTV is great. Sideloading is a piece of cake.

Fish 01-13-2016 04:06 PM

Quote:

As others have said, The FireTV2 is a very nice box. Easy to use, great compatibility, and lots and lots of support. Price won't break the bank, and it has the hardware to last quite a while.

If you want complete customizability, there are piles and piles of cheap Android boxes available. You can get a nice box with an Amlogic S812 quad core chip(best available right now in Android boxes), Android 5.1, 8-16GB storage, 2GB RAM, Gigabit ethernet, dual channel wifi, HDMI, 4K capable, optical out, SD card, remote, etc. Anywhere from $50-100. But most come preconfigured with bloatware and junk you'll never use, so if you go that route prepare to erase the device and start from scratch, and it's likely going to take a great deal of tinkering to configure and maintain. Here's an example: http://www.amazon.com/Zenoplige-Amlo.../dp/B015CRM4JA

You can search the Related Items on that Amazon page to view a bunch more. Many of those will have slightly better hardware/connectivity than FireTV2. But like I said they will require more hands on configuration.

If you want to step up from that and plan to do more than just movies/TV, I would recommend the NVidia Shield. It's $150, but allows for gaming and more.

A step up from that would be an Intel NUC. A PC in a tiny box. But that's getting up ~$400-700. Best possible performance though.

007 01-13-2016 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 12024340)
As others have said, The FireTV2 is a very nice box. Easy to use, great compatibility, and lots and lots of support. Price won't break the bank, and it has the hardware to last quite a while.

If you want complete customizability, there are piles and piles of cheap Android boxes available. You can get a nice box with an Amlogic S812 quad core chip(best available right now in Android boxes), Android 5.1, 8-16GB storage, 2GB RAM, Gigabit ethernet, dual channel wifi, HDMI, 4K capable, optical out, SD card, remote, etc. Anywhere from $50-100. But most come preconfigured with bloatware and junk you'll never use, so if you go that route prepare to erase the device and start from scratch, and it's likely going to take a great deal of tinkering to configure and maintain. Here's an example: http://www.amazon.com/Zenoplige-Amlo.../dp/B015CRM4JA

You can search the Related Items on that Amazon page to view a bunch more. Many of those will have slightly better hardware/connectivity than FireTV2. But like I said they will require more hands on configuration.

If you want to step up from that and plan to do more than just movies/TV, I would recommend the NVidia Shield. It's $150, but allows for gaming and more.

A step up from that would be an Intel NUC. A PC in a tiny box. But that's getting up ~$400-700. Best possible performance though.

I have the amazon fire stick with kodi on it. The only thing that really annoys me about it is constantly having to restart kodi when I do other things. Granted this is the stick and not the box but I like just being in KODI full time. I don't know how many times I have accidentally quit kodi because of their home button on that extremely limited remote.

NewChief 01-14-2016 05:59 AM

Thoughts on one of these as a high end option?

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/qna...53a,30943.html

Fish 01-14-2016 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 12024642)
I have the amazon fire stick with kodi on it. The only thing that really annoys me about it is constantly having to restart kodi when I do other things. Granted this is the stick and not the box but I like just being in KODI full time. I don't know how many times I have accidentally quit kodi because of their home button on that extremely limited remote.

The stick doesn't have the hardware to really be dependable. It's nice for vacation trips or to put in a guest bedroom or something. But I certainly wouldn't want to use it for my every day viewing.

Protip: There's a KODI plugin called KeyMap Editor. You load this plugin within KODI, and it allows you to map/remap any keys on the remote controller. So you can change the button you accidentally keep hitting so it doesn't do that annoying behavior anymore. You can also change the function of any buttons you're not happy about. You can adjust global button settings, or behaviors for just fullscreen video, OSD menu, etc.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Keymap_Editor

Fish 01-14-2016 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 12025175)
Thoughts on one of these as a high end option?

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/qna...53a,30943.html

JFC overkill..... that thing is too fancy to be used as a KODI box. It will absolutely run anything you throw at it. But that's gonna be really expensive and you'd probably never use 1/4 of its processing power. Their normal NAS solutions are $500-1000, and this device would probably be to the middle/upper end of that I'm guessing, depending on which storage option you went with.

http://images.anandtech.com/doci/9929/nasbook-specs.png

NewChief 01-14-2016 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 12025357)
JFC overkill..... that thing is too fancy to be used as a KODI box. It will absolutely run anything you throw at it. But that's gonna be really expensive and you'd probably never use 1/4 of its processing power. Their normal NAS solutions are $500-1000, and this device would probably be to the middle/upper end of that I'm guessing, depending on which storage option you went with.

http://images.anandtech.com/doci/9929/nasbook-specs.png

Hah. I just found it interesting because they specifically mentioned running Kodi on the writeup. Shows how far along the system has come, I guess.

Fish 01-14-2016 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 12025405)
Hah. I just found it interesting because they specifically mentioned running Kodi on the writeup. Shows how far along the system has come, I guess.

KODI has come a long way. Some smart TVs now run Android or XBian, which allows KODI to be installed directly to the TV. That should increase in the future.

frankotank 01-14-2016 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 12025431)
KODI has come a long way. Some smart TVs now run Android or XBian, which allows KODI to be installed directly to the TV. That should increase in the future.

so about KODI.....I mean...shouldn't it be illegal? it streams movies that are still in the theater for crying out loud.

NewChief 01-14-2016 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 12025525)
so about KODI.....I mean...shouldn't it be illegal? it streams movies that are still in the theater for crying out loud.

Kodi, itself, doesn't do that. That would be the same as making a Windows machine or Mac illegal because you can torrent/stream on them

And in actuality, the addons (apps) on Kodi don't even really stream illegally. They take streams, aggregate them, and allow the user to connect to already existing streams.

But, once again, they're really doing the same thing that you can do via google or any other search engine, so you'd be trying to make a user interface (basically) illegal, because the addons themselves aren't doing anything illegal.

The law is being broken by the sources that stream as well as the users who stream, but not by kodi or the addons.

In a poor analogy, trying to charge Kodi or addon makers with a crime would be like trying to sue the vehicle (or makers of the vehicle) used for delivering drugs in a drug transaction.

Fish 01-14-2016 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 12025525)

Technically, KODI is simply a media player. It's the plugins you add that actually do the dirty. I realize that seems like a complete copout, and in a way it is. But it's enough to make it completely legal. Similar to the fact that Microsoft can't be held responsible for some illegal 3rd party application you install in Windows.

KODI itself goes to great lengths to separate itself from potentially illegal addons.

ragedogg69 01-15-2016 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 12024642)
I don't know how many times I have accidentally quit kodi because of their home button on that extremely limited remote.

Install firestarter. You can make Kodi be the default app when you press the home button. Or better yet, make it the double press home button app. That way when your using the netflix app, double press home and it will send you to kodi. The home button gets you back to the amazon menu that way.

EDIT: For the love of god people, stay away from the generic android boxes. So many of my the kodi subreddits are clogged with problems with those boxes. I unsubbed from them, it was so annoying. Shield, Nexus, FireTV and Stick should be your only considerations short of a PC. Maybe the Raspberry Pi 2... I love mine, but not if you want netflix and hulu.

Fish 01-15-2016 08:35 PM

Sooooo... new sports add on I've just recently discovered. It's called Pro Sport. Right now it's just for NFL, NHL, and NBA. But the content is incredible. It provides live streams for each, as well as an archive feature that will drop your jaw. Flipping through the archive, they have almost every game for the entire NFL season available for streaming. I didn't check all the links, but all the Chiefs games for the year are working in 720p.

This one's legit guys. Who knows how long it will work like this, because it seems like a lot of work. But it's pretty awesome right now.

Here's how to get it. It's a manual process and not widely discussed, but that's a good thing in this case.

First, install Fusion in KODI: https://www.tvaddons.ag/fusion-installer-kodi/

Once that's installed, Go to System\Add-ons\Install from zip file.
Click on Fusion in the list of options.
Click on xbmc-repos.
Click on English.
Install repository.podgod-1.7.zip.
Once installed, click on Install from repository.
Select podgod repo.
Video add-ons.
Click on Pro Sport.

Enjoy.

007 01-16-2016 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 12029019)
Sooooo... new sports add on I've just recently discovered. It's called Pro Sport. Right now it's just for NFL, NHL, and NBA. But the content is incredible. It provides live streams for each, as well as an archive feature that will drop your jaw. Flipping through the archive, they have almost every game for the entire NFL season available for streaming. I didn't check all the links, but all the Chiefs games for the year are working in 720p.

This one's legit guys. Who knows how long it will work like this, because it seems like a lot of work. But it's pretty awesome right now.

Here's how to get it. It's a manual process and not widely discussed, but that's a good thing in this case.

Click on xbmc-repos.
Click on English.
Select podgod repo.
Video add-ons.
Click on Pro Sport.

Enjoy.

Damn, that loads right up. Hope they keep this one going.

007 01-16-2016 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 12028804)
Install firestarter. You can make Kodi be the default app when you press the home button. Or better yet, make it the double press home button app. That way when your using the netflix app, double press home and it will send you to kodi. The home button gets you back to the amazon menu that way.

EDIT: For the love of god people, stay away from the generic android boxes. So many of my the kodi subreddits are clogged with problems with those boxes. I unsubbed from them, it was so annoying. Shield, Nexus, FireTV and Stick should be your only considerations short of a PC. Maybe the Raspberry Pi 2... I love mine, but not if you want netflix and hulu.

was looking into the nexus but it has one very major flaw. No USB port. I think the interface would be leaps and bounds better than fire TV but no usb port is just ****ing dumb.

Tacoman 01-16-2016 12:44 AM

Quote:

Click on xbmc-repos.
Click on English.
Select podgod repo.
Video add-ons.
Click on Pro Sport.

Enjoy.

Very nice. Way to bring it Fish

ragedogg69 01-16-2016 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 12029370)
was looking into the nexus but it has one very major flaw. No USB port. I think the interface would be leaps and bounds better than fire TV but no usb port is just ****ing dumb.

It has a mini usb. http://phandroid.com/2014/11/20/usin...-nexus-player/ I wouldnt pay full price for one, but ~$50 I would.

As for Pro Sports addon. Thank god PodGod took it over. The guy who first made it deleted his repo once everyone started asking him to add more leagues to it. It has got to be brutal to be a dev.

NewChief 01-19-2016 02:39 PM

Velocity is a pretty nice video add-on.

PAChiefsGuy 01-23-2016 03:16 PM

Interesting topic..

Hey Kodi experts did I screw up by buying a Kodi box off eBay? Chiefsplanet won't let me post a link to the box but all you have to do is search 'Kodi Box' on eBay and you'll see a bunch of them. I bought mine for $42..

If I did screw up any recommendations to what type of box I should get?

Baby Lee 01-23-2016 04:53 PM

Has anyone tried The Beast? I did a 'clean' install of Isengard and the add-on of The Beast went fine, but it doesn't come up once installed, just an icon to install in add-ons.

Shaid 01-24-2016 03:35 PM

I used the Beast for quite a while and it worked ok but with Genesis not working as well I moved on, currently on SpinzTV and it's working pretty good. Look at my post on the second page for how to install, etc. if you want to go that route.

Kyle DeLexus 01-25-2016 12:27 AM

Quote:

Click on xbmc-repos.
Click on English.
Select podgod repo.
Video add-ons.
Click on Pro Sport.

Enjoy.

That is pretty amazing. No live games going on right now, but the archive is insane.

ragedogg69 01-25-2016 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle DeLexus (Post 12048459)
That is pretty amazing. No live games going on right now, but the archive is insane.

it blows my mind that the archive doesnt even require a cookie authorization.

PAChiefsGuy 01-27-2016 09:24 AM

Just a heads up don't get the cheap android boxes on eBay. I got one for $42 and it is horrible.. Skips all the time and I have a fast internet connection.

Like others have said stick to firestick, shield TV, Nexus TV etc..

NewChief 01-27-2016 09:42 AM

So Fish:

You know I bought the Gbox MX2 a few years back. It's serviceable. The main issue I have is with latency on high quality streams. I really noticed this when I tried to watch the NFL on the Pro Sports app. I'm hardwired and on a good internet connection, so I'm wondering if it's something with my video acceleration or processing on the MX2. Basically, the sound is fine, the picture is crytal clear, but the video is either slow motion or jerky.

I should add: there's no buffering on these streams (which makes me think it's not buffering). It's just a poor quality of video. Often, if I let it keep playing (in slow/stutter motion), it will eventually crash the box.

Are there some settings that I should look at to try to help with this?

PAChiefsGuy 01-27-2016 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 12052103)
So Fish:

You know I bought the Gbox MX2 a few years back. It's serviceable. The main issue I have is with latency on high quality streams. I really noticed this when I tried to watch the NFL on the Pro Sports app. I'm hardwired and on a good internet connection, so I'm wondering if it's something with my video acceleration or processing on the MX2. Basically, the sound is fine, the picture is crytal clear, but the video is either slow motion or jerky.

You know I've been thinking of honestly just getting an HDMI cable and hooking it up to my TV and watching the movies like that.

I've had 0 buffering problems watching movies with KODI on my laptop and it seems like an easy solution instead of buying a box or the Shield TV. I think in a few years we will see some nice boxes but right now I keep seeing bad reviews for pretty much all of them so personally I think I am just going to wait.

ragedogg69 01-27-2016 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 12052070)
Just a heads up don't get the cheap android boxes on eBay. I got one for $42 and it is horrible.. Skips all the time and I have a fast internet connection.

yep, it warrants repeating.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 12028804)

PAChiefsGuy 01-27-2016 10:52 PM

Thanks ragedogg69.. I should have looked earlier in the posts..

FireStick Is by far the best cheap Kodi purchase.. Don't get scared by the word "jailbroken," it's incredibly easy to install Kodi on the firestick.. Which is what "jailbroken," in this case really is...

I did it tonight in 45 mins.. As long as you are patient, not computer illiterate and can follow step-by-step instructions you will be fine.

BigMeatballDave 01-28-2016 02:31 PM

Okay, I am not at all familiar with these units. I don't have the slightest idea what Kodi is.

Better than Roku?

Enlighten me. :)

NewChief 01-28-2016 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMeatballDave (Post 12053876)
Okay, I am not at all familiar with these units. I don't have the slightest idea what Kodi is.

Better than Roku?

Enlighten me. :)

Different. Not nearly as hassle free as paid streaming services, but they allow you to access pretty much everything if you're willing to put in the work.

I actually pay for netflix and prime and use those the majority of the time. I really only use my kodi box when I have something very specific that I want to watch and can't find it via other channels (redbox, netflix, prime, etc..). Oh, and I use it for sports, though most sports fans in the day of HD probably wouldn't be satisfied with the quality of the streams I usually end up watching for sports. My needs are simple, though.

ragedogg69 01-28-2016 03:28 PM

Kodi is a media player that runs on a variety of different devices. Works best for local media... like all those DVDs you backed up on your hard drive wink wink. However, its most popular feature is the ability to have add ons. These are where people can view stuff from the web, easily on their computer. Both legal and illegal sites.

If you are wanting to use stock apps like netflix etc? Roku. The fire UI is terrible. I replaced mine with firestarter. If you want to use the 1000s of addons? Kodi on a stick or rasp pi would be fine.

BigMeatballDave 01-29-2016 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 12053984)
Different. Not nearly as hassle free as paid streaming services, but they allow you to access pretty much everything if you're willing to put in the work.

I actually pay for netflix and prime and use those the majority of the time. I really only use my kodi box when I have something very specific that I want to watch and can't find it via other channels (redbox, netflix, prime, etc..). Oh, and I use it for sports, though most sports fans in the day of HD probably wouldn't be satisfied with the quality of the streams I usually end up watching for sports. My needs are simple, though.

Thanks

BigMeatballDave 01-29-2016 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 12053985)
Kodi is a media player that runs on a variety of different devices. Works best for local media... like all those DVDs you backed up on your hard drive wink wink. However, its most popular feature is the ability to have add ons. These are where people can view stuff from the web, easily on their computer. Both legal and illegal sites.

If you are wanting to use stock apps like netflix etc? Roku. The fire UI is terrible. I replaced mine with firestarter. If you want to use the 1000s of addons? Kodi on a stick or rasp pi would be fine.

Thanks

Fish 01-29-2016 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 12052103)
So Fish:

I should add: there's no buffering on these streams (which makes me think it's not buffering). It's just a poor quality of video. Often, if I let it keep playing (in slow/stutter motion), it will eventually crash the box.

Yes, I'd guess video acceleration settings. Are you using the most recent version of KODI? If you haven't updated KODI itself in a while, I'd do that first. Then check your hardware acceleration settings. Go to System\Video. Look in the bottom left corner(Confluence skin) for "Settings level". Click that and change it to "Advanced" or "Expert". Then click on the new Acceleration tab that is only visible at those settings levels. Under Acceleration, there will be two main settings you'll need to worry about. "Allow hardware acceleration - libstagefright" and "Allow hardware acceleration - MediaCodec".

First, I'd try it with libstagefright on and mediacodec off. That's generally the most compatible setting with most Android devices. But if that doesn't work, then try different variations to see what works best for the videos that are giving you problems.

The Gbox MX2 is capable of some hardware decoding. But that's good and bad. Hardware decoding is a lot more hit and miss than software decoding. Gbox MX2 can hardware decode H.264, MPEG, VC1. But it can't hardware decode H.265. So it may just be crappy out trying to hardware decode H.265.

Another useful test is to turn on the codecinfo overlay. Plug in a keyboard, and find a video that's giving you bad performance. While the video is playing, hit the "O" key on the keyboard. This will give you all kinds of info on hardware usage and codec info. See what codec it's using, and try to identify if its one specific codec that's killing it.

Also, check audio settings. Make sure you don't have something turned on that shouldn't be. It sounds crazy, but sometimes that can be a source of video stuttering.

Hope that helps.

WilliamTheIrish 01-31-2016 11:23 AM

I tried to load the "castaway" spot add on yesterday on the siting. Followed all the steps and was unable to get it. Not sure why.

Any tips/tricks?

ragedogg69 02-07-2016 07:38 AM

Well, this is a bit outside of Kodi, but they did have Kodi Add Ons. Ballstreams and Hockeystreams just bit the dust. Of course this was the first season I decided to subscribe the full season. I kept freezing my accounts because ProSports addon was so awesomesauce. I had like 300 days left on each account. Oh well, live and learn the fun of the black market.

Fish 02-15-2016 11:54 AM

Check out the new Exodus addon. It's essentially the next generation of Genesis. From the same developer. Not sure why he didn't just port this into Genesis instead of creating a new addon. But whatever, it works well.

GVideo sources are being resolved again, and that's a very good thing. GVideo is one of the best free sources with almost no buffering ever.

Instructions: https://www.tvaddons.ag/exodus/

WilliamTheIrish 02-16-2016 05:40 PM

Love me some info from Fish

Shaid 02-16-2016 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 12082810)
Check out the new Exodus addon. It's essentially the next generation of Genesis. From the same developer. Not sure why he didn't just port this into Genesis instead of creating a new addon. But whatever, it works well.

GVideo sources are being resolved again, and that's a very good thing. GVideo is one of the best free sources with almost no buffering ever.

So nice to have what is basically a functional Genesis back again. Works great.

ragedogg69 02-18-2016 10:46 AM

So Kodi is finally going after all the ebay and craigslist sellers using it to advertise "Free cable and Movies" on those sites. They finally realized, maybe all these develpers leaving are because they are sick of these entitled people harrassing them because their ebay box doesnt work.

007 02-19-2016 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 12088228)
So Kodi is finally going after all the ebay and craigslist sellers using it to advertise "Free cable and Movies" on those sites. They finally realized, maybe all these develpers leaving are because they are sick of these entitled people harrassing them because their ebay box doesnt work.

Yep, saw that notice on their facebook page and they sent it to members via email. Good for them.

Scorp 02-19-2016 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 12082810)

Thank you. I have also been using Velocity which is also quite good, don't know if it is new as well.

PAChiefsGuy 02-19-2016 01:19 PM

Jailbroken Amazon Firestick + Phoenix + Exodus = No Need for Netflix

notorious 02-19-2016 01:21 PM

I downloaded Exodus onto my Firestick last night.

It is WAY better than anything else I have been using. Still haven't figured out how to add to my list, though.

notorious 02-19-2016 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 12089948)
Jailbroken Amazon Firestick + Phoenix + Exodus = No Need for Netflix

You don't even have to Jailbreak anymore.........

Fish 02-19-2016 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 12089953)
I downloaded Exodus onto my Firestick last night.

It is WAY better than anything else I have been using. Still haven't figured out how to add to my list, though.

That's the only negative quirk with Exodus. It doesn't easily let you add stuff as favorites/Library. It does support using Trakt or IMBD accounts though. Which basically is an online list that keeps track of what shows/movies you like, and which episodes you've watched. You would create an account on Trakt or IMDB, and then add your favorite shows there. Then you connect that account to the Exodus addon. It will then show you your TV show list, and when you watch an episode it will mark it as watched. That way you can use multiple devices/addons, and they will all have an synced list of your shows and which episodes you've already watched. It's a bit of a pain to setup. But once setup, it makes things really easy.

Other plugins also allow for Trakt and IMDB accounts, so you can use the same list in multiple apps.

Jewish Rabbi 02-19-2016 02:52 PM

Fish you're the best! Kodi was becoming worthless without Genesis. Exodus is a lifesaver!

007 02-19-2016 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 12090132)
Fish you're the best! Kodi was becoming worthless without Genesis. Exodus is a lifesaver!

I still gravitate to 1channel.

RustShack 02-19-2016 07:33 PM

What's Phoenix? Exodus is great!

So while ago my Kodi icon turned back into Ikono TV, but still loaded as Kodi. Now it's just straight Ikono. I checked Llama and it's still set up, wth?

Fish 02-19-2016 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 12090516)
What's Phoenix? Exodus is great!

So while ago my Kodi icon turned back into Ikono TV, but still loaded as Kodi. Now it's just straight Ikono. I checked Llama and it's still set up, wth?

Phoenix is an addon that does a bunch of live streaming stuff, along with movies and TV.

If I remember correctly, there was a recent change that broke IkonoTV/Llama. Do you know about Firestarter? It's better than the llama shorcut anyway..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/fire...t-app-t3118135

Not sure if there was a fix for the llama issue, but you could find the answer on xda forums or the cablecutters forum.

007 02-20-2016 06:22 AM

for some reason exudus isn't displaying my trakt progress list. It puts my watch list but I just want it to list the episodes I have yet to watch. Not sure what I am doing wrong here. My account is definitely linked. Genesis did this great.

notorious 02-20-2016 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 12090888)
for some reason exudus isn't displaying my trakt progress list. It puts my watch list but I just want it to list the episodes I have yet to watch. Not sure what I am doing wrong here. My account is definitely linked. Genesis did this great.

Same with my IMDB account.

It's linked, just not displaying anything. They will fix it, but since it's free I can't complain.

Fish 02-20-2016 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 12090888)

You want Exodus to hide the episodes you've watched while browsing your lists? That's not an addon setting, but it's a KODI setting. Bring up the side menu on the left side of the screen when you're browsing your list. Under Misc options, select "Hide watched".

Mine's functioning exactly like Genesis and other addons.

Jewish Rabbi 02-20-2016 02:47 PM

Search doesn't seem to be working for me on Exodus today. I've tried updating Kodi and uninstalling and reinstalling... Anyone else having this issue or have any ideas?

Jewish Rabbi 02-20-2016 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 12091238)
Search doesn't seem to be working for me on Exodus today. I've tried updating Kodi and uninstalling and reinstalling... Anyone else having this issue or have any ideas?

Nevermind... I see this is a common issue once the cache has been cleared and it should be updated by the end of the weekend. There are currently some workarounds but I don't think I'm going to mess with it.

notorious 02-21-2016 12:59 PM

Damnit.

Search isn't working for me on ANY of the programs.

notorious 02-21-2016 01:03 PM

Nothing is working on any of my firesticks, but everything work perfectly on my laptop.

WTF?!