ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Random Thoughts on the Bengals Preseason Game (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285566)

Bob Dole 08-08-2014 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 10803319)
you didn't say that in the post i quoted

You talk about lacks energy and passion etc

which is bullshit because most great QB's try and keep themselves calm.

It doesn't mean they don't care or whatever they are just trying to keep everything on an even keel.

just another stupid ass post about Alex Smith that doesn't mean shit

What? You don't remember how animated Montana was?

And Bob Dole agrees with whoever posted that the last Cyrus TD was pure will.

Direckshun 08-08-2014 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 10803351)
This wasn't Fisher's fault. It was a 3 step drop. Fisher should have never had the responsibility for holding the block that long.

I was referring to a different play than the strip-sack he gave up.

Trent Green himself said that play was largely on Alex Smith's shoulders.

There was a separate play where Fisher was shoved back quickly because he was too high.

The Franchise 08-08-2014 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10803356)
I was referring to a different play than the strip-sack he gave up.

Trent Green himself that play was largely on Alex Smith's shoulders.

There was a separate play where Fisher was shoved back quickly because he was too high.

Jeff Allen wasn't helping either.

Halfcan 08-08-2014 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 10803346)
So again, where are all these overthrown receivers you were talking about? I never made an excuse for missing Bowe. I called it a poor throw. Please, give us some more of your hard-hitting analysis about all of Smith's overthrows last night.

It is going to be a Long season if you keep defending Alex after he played like he did. Alex was a negative, did nothing, showed nothing, no passion and like I said even his interview was boring. After choking in the second half of the playoff game-I was hoping to see some kind of spark out of him. Fact is he has zero competition, it was the first game, he didn't give a shit and it showed.

CallMeSquidwad 08-08-2014 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 10803344)

If this performance up and down the line from starters and depth is what we can expect, our CB's will need to step up because I don't think much running is going to happen on this D.

Does anyone else see this as a COMPLETE oxymoron? Did the Steelers ever have stellar corner play? No, can you name any of the 85' Bears corners? Other than Leslie Fraser, because we all know him as a coach? Secondary play becomes less relevant when you have the tanks we do rushing the QB, our DB's only have to be good for 3 seconds every play and we'll be solid; plus the fact that we'll mostly just rush 4 so our corners will have help over the top.
I'm sorry but this just infuriates me when people knit pick at our defense when it is this good; no team in the last 20 years has been outstanding on all 3 levels, it's just not possible within the modern salary cap.

The Franchise 08-08-2014 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 10803362)
It is going to be a Long season if you keep defending Alex after he played like he did. Alex was a negative, did nothing, showed nothing, no passion and like I said even his interview was boring. After choking in the second half of the playoff game-I was hoping to see some kind of spark out of him. Fact is he has zero competition, it was the first game, he didn't give a shit and it showed.

It was the first pre-season game.....JFC.

RunKC 08-08-2014 11:01 AM

We're going to draft a G next year to replace Jeff Allen. Just watch. Brandon Sherff come on down.

Direckshun 08-08-2014 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CallMeSquidwad (Post 10803365)
Does anyone else see this as a COMPLETE oxymoron? Did the Steelers ever have stellar corner play? No, can you name any of the 85' Bears corners? Other than Leslie Fraser, because we all know him as a coach? Secondary play becomes less relevant when you have the tanks we do rushing the QB, our DB's only have to be good for 3 seconds every play and we'll be solid; plus the fact that we'll mostly just rush 4 so our corners will have help over the top.
I'm sorry but this just infuriates me when people knit pick at our defense when it is this good; no team in the last 20 years has been outstanding on all 3 levels, it's just not possible within the modern salary cap.

The Steelers weren't playing in this era.

In this era, you can't succeed without a great secondary.

The Chiefs have four solid starters. Everything after that is a mess.

Direckshun 08-08-2014 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 10803372)
We're going to draft a G next year to replace Jeff Allen. Just watch. Brandon Sherff come on down.

I don't believe Jeff Allen is a free agent after this year.

Rodney Hudson is. Allen and Stephenson both hit free agency in 2016.

LoneWolf 08-08-2014 11:09 AM

Quote:

I'm not really defending Alex's play. I was pointing out how dumb your analysis was. You can't say "he overthrew a few balls" and not expect somebody to call you out on it. Words mean something and your analysis made it look like you didn't watch the game at all.

The whole "I wanted to see fire" statement you keep making is stupid as well. It was the first preseason game. I doubt there were many starting QBs "playing with fire" (what the **** does that even mean) last night.

srvy 08-08-2014 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10803352)
Dreadlock safety guy is Jerron McMillian.

And I have a higher opinion of how Knike Davis and Dee Ford played.

eah Davis looked good running hard and determined. He could be the guy to get us those tough yards at goal line and 3rd and a foot that we struggle at.
Ford did what he was drafted to do. Get after the QB as for overrunning plays DT made a career of it to the point Marty jerked him in obvious running situations. DT is a HOF'er so not so worried about that. Hali currently does this a lot too drives ya crazy but you cant stifle the aggressiveness.

Mr. Laz 08-08-2014 11:10 AM

Quote:

being rationale about Alex Smith is not the same as 'defending'

going off the deep end about stupid shit with Alex Smith is just annoying

RealSNR 08-08-2014 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10803333)
I'm pretty sure you're confusing my creative license with my literal thoughts.

You should watch Guardians of the Galaxy. You'd love Drax.

You're Geno Mafia, dude. You're a part of the conspiracy against the fans!

RealSNR 08-08-2014 11:15 AM

Mitch Holthus keeps slobbing Ricky Henry's knob.

I wish Ricky Henry would take Jeff Allen's job.

If Allen is so ****ing talented, then make him the swing tackle/backup guard on the left side.

hometeam 08-08-2014 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CallMeSquidwad (Post 10803365)

This isn't 1985. This league is so pass happy it makes me sick. If your corners suck, and a team knows it cant run on you, what do you think is going to happen? So yes, our corners need to get better, because the ball is going to be in the air.

I mean, when was the last time a team with a great secondary won a superbowl on defensive performance? RIGHT GUYS?

Oh yea, it was last year~