ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Must Watch Series (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=258883)

KCUnited 12-24-2018 09:06 PM

Just finished Perfume on Netflix. It’s got that Euro brutality, elegance combo going. I thought it was great from start to finish (only 6 episodes). True Detective-ish. Highly recommended.

Buehler445 12-25-2018 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 13986504)
Just finished Perfume on Netflix. It’s got that Euro brutality, elegance combo going. I thought it was great from start to finish (only 6 episodes). True Detective-ish. Highly recommended.

Really? I’ll have to look into that. I thought the previews looked awful

KCUnited 12-25-2018 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13986793)
Really? I’ll have to look into that. I thought the previews looked awful

The first episode is a little slow but each episode gets more disturbing. It’s a unique story (though I’m not familiar with the original) for a who done it, with a cinema score and layered storylines. It has some tough to watch moments though which could turn people off.

TambaBerry 12-25-2018 10:42 AM

Has Travelers been discussed? I really like that show

Baby Lee 12-25-2018 11:15 AM

Has anyone made it through Patriot? I've started it 3-4 times now and it still hasn't grabbed me. I've only made 2 1/2 episodes, and am wondering when/if the genius hits. I've heard people rave about it and am willing to be patient if there's a point when it starts coming together. I've had stuff I loved that started slow before. But I'd hate to spend 2 whole seasons with the same level of engagement I have thus far.

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-25-2018 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 13987015)
Has Travelers been discussed? I really like that show

Welcome to the 21st century

Baby Lee 12-31-2018 11:28 AM

Showtime series premiere free on youtube

Black Monday

<iframe width="949" height="534" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NQivE6mnNfg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RN47 12-31-2018 01:08 PM

An Innocent Man

If this is a re-post I apologize.

'An Innocent Man' on Netflix based on the only non-fiction book written by John Grisham. I was sick over the weekend and checked it out-- it's worth your time in my opinion. Small town 'justice' gone way, way wrong.

Since I am a noob, I cannot attach a link. Sorry.

KCUnited 12-31-2018 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RN47 (Post 13999084)

'An Innocent Man' on Netflix based on the only non-fiction book written by John Grisham. I was sick over the weekend and checked it out-- it's worth your time in my opinion. Small town 'justice' gone way, way wrong.

I watched it over the past week as well. Not quite on Making A Murderer's level, but still a crazy story.

cooper barrett 01-01-2019 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RN47 (Post 13999084)

You do know that one of the characters lives in KC. His name is Dennis Fritz and he wrote a book called "Journey to Justice". Fritz actively promoted both Grisham's book and Project Innocence and is pictured below with Grisham.

Along with writing and promoting his own book the relationship with Grisham ended, he was challenged by substance abuse issues and now spends much of his time touring the religious circuit. Along with hocking his book, he discusses his relationship with God and shares his experiences with the justice system.

https://i.postimg.cc/hGYz1bk8/ifritz.jpg

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....4,203,200_.jpg

Baby Lee 01-09-2019 01:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Splitting Up Together is a generic sitcommy networky network sitcom, but it's got a lot of talent behind it. But this isn't so much about the show as a whole, but last night Jenna Fisher gave an all-time cinematic sink and swoon moment when she got hot and bothered by her ex. Totally family-friendly fare, but so hawt nonetheless.

Didn't hurt that it was Jenna
Didn't hurt that Jenna used to be 'Pam'
Didn't hurt she was doing that hip mom wearing overalls thing.

TwistedChief 01-10-2019 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 13935378)
If you love dogs, watch Netflixs "dogs" series.
If you don't love dogs... **** you.

I usually hate shows and movies about dogs. Cheesy and overly sentimental. The few in this Netflix series I've seen so far are not cheesy at all... No other word to use but beautiful. Just finished "Ice on the water" and it brought a huge smile to my face.

Totally agree with you on this. It was beautifully done.

DJ's left nut 01-10-2019 08:55 AM

You're the Worst started back up again last night; season premier for the final season.

Funny, light episode (in a series that had far too few of those over the last couple of years). It's gonna be interesting to see where they go with it because Falk and others simply don't seem to have a happy ending in mind for Gretchen and Jimmy...

Baby Lee 01-10-2019 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14022218)
You're the Worst started back up again last night; season premier for the final season.

Funny, light episode (in a series that had far too few of those over the last couple of years). It's gonna be interesting to see where they go with it because Falk and others simply don't seem to have a happy ending in mind for Gretchen and Jimmy...

Disorienting start. Interesting in the end, but not sure what to think of it [ie, that particular episode] yet.

Tribal Warfare 01-10-2019 11:51 PM

Frontier with Jason Momoa is badass