ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Mellinger | Ex-GM Peterson ‘saddened’ by Chiefs’ situation (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266932)

BigRedChief 11-22-2012 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 9142225)
Peterson was a shitty GM and general POS who makes Pioli look like a 'Genious' choirboy.

Marty will always get the majority of credit for that era. King Carl started us down this slide. His time to go was way overdue, just like Pioli's.

Mr. Laz 11-22-2012 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9142745)
Marty will always get the majority of credit for that era. King Carl started us down this slide. His time to go was way overdue, just like Pioli's.

Marty should

He specialized in taking mediocre team talent and making the most out of it. His schemes made of point of dragging the game down into the mud and letting the other more talented team make mistakes and lose the game.

Now sadly once we got to the playoff the teams were talented enough to overcome those mistakes so we lost. That still doesn't change the face that Peterson didn't get the talent other teams did.

People complain about Pioli and QB ... Peterson didn't do shit at that position for 19 years.

King Carl was also a smug jerk who treated the fans like shit.

people have clearly forgotten what a douchebag is about

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/7791/indexyt.jpg

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/data:...gGtUyuXLk5x//Z

NJChiefsFan 11-23-2012 12:54 AM

I will always hate Carl. None of this changes that.

Sorter 11-23-2012 01:39 AM

Personally, I think Marty + elite QB + aggressive OC would have been fantastic. However, that can be said for most teams. For all of Marty's faults I do appreciate the aggressiveness he instilled defensively.

Saccopoo 11-23-2012 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9143480)
Personally, I think Marty + elite QB + aggressive OC would have been fantastic. However, that can be said for most teams. For all of Marty's faults I do appreciate the aggressiveness he instilled defensively.

Goddamn Dino Hackett was a stud.

Dino?

Geno?

GENO!

memyselfI 11-23-2012 05:35 AM

Yeah, right. The only thing that saddens Carl is that he's no longer Master Geppetto.

Ace Gunner 11-23-2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9143480)

too bad Carl was too busy playing rock star and didn't furnish the team.

Rasputin 11-23-2012 09:44 AM

I'm saddened that Carl Peterson, Scott Pioli & Matt Cassell still breath.

Sorter 11-23-2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou_Zare (Post 9143703)
too bad Carl was too busy playing minesweeper and didn't furnish the team.

fixed

Sorter 11-23-2012 11:06 AM

LMAOLMAO
Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9143708)

Ace Gunner 11-23-2012 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9143708)

ROFL me too

bobbything 11-23-2012 11:52 AM

I didn't (and still don't) have much of a problem with Carl Peterson. The first half of his tenure was great. He did an excellent job here; even if he never drafted a 1st round QB (but I place that more on Marty than Carl).

The middle portion (the Gunther seasons) were meh. I think he saw Gunther as a very good defensive coach and they had a QB who had shown signs of promise. But, it didn't work out and they went about .500 those two years.

He sold out to try and win a Superbowl with Vermeil. I was perfectly fine with that. I thought it was a good move. The Trent Green trade worked out well and they had teams that (I felt) were every bit as good as the teams that won the Superbowl (03 and 05); even if they never got there. Yes, the defense sucked but the opportunity was there and you could see progress.

The last part of his tenure sucked. I felt he dropped the ball with Herm. However, they had some solid draft choices that are being completely squandered by the current regime.

Overall, I thought Carl was solid, if not spectacular. To even compare Pioli to Carl is an insult. Pioli has completely sh*t in the face of this team and this town. They are completely wasting what talent they do have by forcefeeding us the QB and coaching situation. What's more, there is not a peep out of Arrowhead.

I hate this regime more than I hate anything.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-23-2012 12:10 PM

I lost any and all hope in those two after the Gannon debacle.

**** Carl AND Marty.

Piss on them.

Piss on thier heads.

mcaj22 11-23-2012 12:27 PM

i lost any and all hope in Scott Pioli after the Tyson Jackson draft pick

so it kind of evens out

Chief Roundup 11-23-2012 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9143976)
i lost any and all hope in Scott Pioli after the Tyson Jackson draft pick

so it kind of evens out

I lost any and all hope when Pioli signed Quinn after hearing about QB competition.