ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Ban Rambozo/Blackbob? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269381)

Phobia 01-27-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 9355890)
On a serious note, it's a ****ing double standard if you ban him over the use of a multi while other users came back using multis after being banned(not that I have a huge issue with that).

There's no hard and fast rule for people who come back after a ban. If they adjust then we usually cave and leave them around. If they want to keep on with the same behaviors, we dump them pretty quickly. If that's a double-standard then I guess that's what it is. I think we do okay with how we do things. People who really value this site and care about it are willing to adjust on their end. Countless people have had very successful second accounts.

Phobia 01-27-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 9355924)
I'll add this: the people who seek him out and instigate arguments with him (you know who you are) are just as bad or worse for this forum. As irritating as many of his posts are, I've seen him make pretty inert statements on new threads only to have someone start a fight with him. Congratulations, asshat - you've just "ruined" another thread by contaminating it with your petty little fights.

I think that's probably a pretty fair observation as well. It's the reason we haven't just banned him outright. Some our regulars are not without culpability with this particular issue.

Rams Fan 01-27-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9355914)
We're loooooong past the point on this board where a double standard means anything anymore.

That is a fair point, but still.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9355916)
Bullshit. You can't "ignore" him but everyone quotes him and responds to him it totally derails the thread.

Note the ones that are bitching about him are the ones that respond to his posts. The ones that don't respond to his posts are the ones that don't appear to be openly campaigning for his banning.

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9355918)
Who?

The only notorious example is Clay and that is primarily because he figured out a way to circumvent every method of banning there is.

We/they didn't want him to stay at the time but really had no choice.

Hootie and Joey are the two most recent ones off the top of my head. I'm not calling for them to be banned for making another account to circumvent their banning.

Hootie 01-27-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9355926)
There's no hard and fast rule for people who come back after a ban. If they adjust then we usually cave and leave them around. If they want to keep on with the same behaviors, we dump them pretty quickly. If that's a double-standard then I guess that's what it is. I think we do okay with how we do things. People who really value this site and care about it are willing to adjust on their end. Countless people have had very successful second accounts.

I'm trying my hardest Phil! I appreciate the second chance.

Hootie 01-27-2013 05:23 PM

well I did sit out an entire year and made no accounts and lurked every single day in hopes someone would let me back

not sure Joey ever sat out more than a month

Phobia 01-27-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9355934)
I'm trying my hardest Phil! I appreciate the second chance.

I think you're doing well. Thanks for adjusting.

Titty Meat 01-27-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 9355933)

Note the ones that are bitching about him are the ones that respond to his posts. The ones that don't respond to his posts are the ones that don't appear to be openly campaigning for his banning.

Again bullshit. I never respond to his post.

Rams Fan 01-27-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9355926)

Fair enough, I just don't think he's done anything other than have a non-popular opinion. But then again, what do I know?

htismaqe 01-27-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 9355924)
I'll add this: the people who seek him out and instigate arguments with him (you know who you are) are just as bad or worse for this forum. As irritating as many of his posts are, I've seen him make pretty inert statements on new threads only to have someone start a fight with him. Congratulations, asshat - you've just "ruined" another thread by contaminating it with your petty little fights.

Hey, I see those fingers pointed at me.

And I fully accept the blame.

I'm just honestly sick of it. Every goddamn thing he posts is some kind of passive-aggressive jab. The "inert" statements are never truly inert. They're always a backhanded jab at somebody.

Anyway, here's the real rub - once he's gone, the "ruined" threads will disappear. I wonder why that would be? :hmmm:

Phobia 01-27-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9355938)
well I did sit out an entire year and made no accounts and lurked every single day in hopes someone would let me back

not sure Joey ever sat out more than a month

More like 10 months - early Jan - November but it's not really a critical point. We had most of Joey's IPs banned for a while. He was out for a good 6 months.

htismaqe 01-27-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 9355933)
Hootie and Joey are the two most recent ones off the top of my head. I'm not calling for them to be banned for making another account to circumvent their banning.

Hootie has changed SO much that sometimes I don't even notice him.

Plus, Hootie has some crazy football takes that actually make you think, even if they make you think he's nuts.

Hootie is what you call "reformed".

Bob will never be that. He's not capable.

threebag 01-27-2013 05:27 PM

The it doesn't matter should be combined with the Keep him

Gonzo 01-27-2013 05:27 PM

IMHO he shouldn't have been allowed back in the first place but we're all softies here and he did apologize for his stupidity.
Now that he's back to his old ways, he should be booted right the **** out. All he does is stir shit and I have no use for douchebags like that.

Phobia 01-27-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9355946)
Hey, I see those fingers pointed at me.

And I fully accept the blame.

I'm just honestly sick of it. Every goddamn thing he posts is some kind of passive-aggressive jab. The "inert" statements are ever truly inert. They're always a backhanded jab at somebody.

Anyway, here's the real rub - once he's gone, the "ruined" threads will disappear. I wonder why that would be? :hmmm:

I wasn't pointing any fingers at anybody in particular. I try to gloss over those disruptions. But I know he's being egged on by regulars. If our members were half as forgiving as our mods, nobody would try to "out" anybody who comes back. They'd just hope for an adjustment. It seems like the moment somebody who has come back gets outed, things go to hell pretty quickly for them.

Rams Fan 01-27-2013 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9355949)
Hootie has changed SO much that sometimes I don't even notice him.

Plus, Hootie has some crazy football takes that actually make you think, even if they make you think he's nuts.

Hootie is what you call "reformed".

Bob will never be that. He's not capable.

Not disagreeing with you about him being a bit more tamed in his posts, but he still seems to be the same poster even after he's been back. I didn't have a problem with him to begin with, but that's a different story.

Anyways, if all BlackBob's been is a homer since he's joined CP, then I don't see the problem. And as has been talked about earlier, those who respond to his posts are just making the situation worse.