ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports New Orleans Pelicans (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267378)

chefsos 12-04-2012 08:25 PM

Apparently, they also considered Krewe and Brass before settling on Pelicans. They could have called them the ****sticks and I'd have preferred that to another of those dumbass singular names.

morphius 12-04-2012 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9181279)
Historic name in New Orleans.
Posted via Mobile Device

Doesn't mean people will like it.

-King- 12-04-2012 08:27 PM

New Orleans WeDon'tHaveChrisPaulAnymore

TimeForWasp 12-04-2012 08:32 PM

Pelicans are cool.

A crowd once gathered for me on Ocean beach pier near San Diego.

I caught a mullet from the pier and there was a Pelican sitting on one of the light poles above the pier.

I tossed the mullet up and the Pelican caught it , bounced it around in his bill and dropped it back down.
I picked it up and tossed it back up, and he caught it again, bounced it around in his bill and dropped it again.

He must not have liked the taste of mullet , I guessed.

I started to giggle and threw it again, he caught it again and dropped it again.

I kept doing this for about a half hour. I was playing catch with a ****ing Pelican on Ocean beach pier and a crowd gathered around and watched.

I'll never forget that shit and have liked Pelicans ever since.

GloryDayz 12-04-2012 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Touchdown Kansas City !!! (Post 9181365)
Pelicans are cool.

A crowd once gathered for me on Ocean beach pier near San Diego.

I caught a mullet from the pier and there was a Pelican sitting on one of the light poles above the pier.

I tossed the mullet up and the Pelican caught it , bounced it around in his bill and dropped it back down.
I picked it up and tossed it back up, and he caught it again, bounced it around in his bill and dropped it again.

He must not have liked the taste of mullet , I guessed.

I started to giggle and threw it again, he caught it again and dropped it again.

I kept doing this for about a half hour. I was playing catch with a ****ing Pelican on Ocean beach pier and a crowd gathered around and watched.

I'll never forget that shit and have liked Pelicans ever since.

Good thing they aren't a baseball team then..

HonestChieffan 12-04-2012 09:23 PM

I like it. Its not demeaning to any group of broke assed nitwits who hate to be a name of a sports team and it beats hell out of sporting New Orleans.

JoeyChuckles 12-04-2012 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9181282)
How about the New Orleans FEMAs?

I don't really get it. A team named after a government agency that didn't help their city after a disaster?

Maybe the New Orleans Levees if you're going for the disaster joke. Now that's topical and ironic.

Tombstone RJ 12-04-2012 09:30 PM

good lord, it should be the New Orleans Cajuns and be done with it already. what idiots.

Aries Walker 12-04-2012 09:35 PM

They apparently also considered the Krewe and the Brass.

HonestChieffan 12-04-2012 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9181499)
good lord, it should be the New Orleans Cajuns and be done with it already. what idiots.

Cajuns are a minority in NO. You are a racist

Tombstone RJ 12-04-2012 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 9181544)
Cajuns are a minority in NO. You are a racist

:rolleyes:

RealSNR 12-04-2012 09:51 PM

New Orleans For Sales

(Get it? Because nobody owns them)

RealSNR 12-04-2012 09:52 PM

Ten bucks says the logo is something super gay like an angry pissed off bird with a basketball net for that beak bag thing that pelicans have

Tombstone RJ 12-04-2012 09:53 PM

the New Orleans Red Beans & Rice!

The Rick 12-04-2012 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9181552)
New Orleans For Sales

(Get it? Because nobody owns them)

Pssst...actually, the owner of the Saints (Tom Benson) bought them a while back.