ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life My virtual run across America, and a business idea. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=220713)

stumppy 01-01-2010 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 6396966)
This is a great idea. So maybe just have people enter a random number when they come to Chiefsplanet.

Oh Oh Oh.....carry it a little farther.

How about we get Daface to change the user controls around so we could just enter whatever post count we wanted and maybe increase our repower.
All while sitting comfortably at home enjoying a bowl of Rocky Road.

patteeu 01-02-2010 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stumppy (Post 6396921)
Got a question. If I sign up for this do I have to get out and actually walk the miles I log in ?
I'm thinking you could make your new website a lot more fun and appealing if people didn't have to get out and really walk/run the miles they are logging in. If we all could just type in some arbitrary number of miles we "walked" it would leave more time for surfing the internet, or eating ice cream, or....whatever you wanted to do.

Yea, I could get with an excersise program like that.

Brilliant! Virtual jogging. All the scenery without the sweat and sore feet!

ziggysocki 01-02-2010 01:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, after my 9 miler today (2 laps around the lake. Hilly and icy, patches of snow and ice still all over made for a nice challenging run. Not to mention it was 9 degrees at 9 am when we started... So far I am 26 miles in.

ziggysocki 01-05-2010 09:10 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Ok, bump... WHERE YOU GUYS AT?

RockChalk 01-05-2010 09:40 AM

I just signed up today. Looks pretty cool, although the site runs like i'm on a 56k modem

I'm doing biking/running. My ID is #59338. I added you all to my list of partners.

rageeumr 01-05-2010 09:41 AM

I'm sitting on the side of the road nursing some runner's knee. I ran a six miler on New Years Day and been fighting it since then. I skipped my long run this weekend (supposed to be 12) and I ran about a quarter mile on the dreadmill last night and cut it short because every step hurt. I've been icing and 'profening up, and it feels a little better today.

Hopefully I can get that 12 in this weekend. It's actually supposed to get into the 30's on Sunday!

ziggysocki 01-05-2010 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rageeumr (Post 6411025)
I'm sitting on the side of the road nursing some runner's knee. I ran a six miler on New Years Day and been fighting it since then. I skipped my long run this weekend (supposed to be 12) and I ran about a quarter mile on the dreadmill last night and cut it short because every step hurt. I've been icing and 'profening up, and it feels a little better today.

Hopefully I can get that 12 in this weekend. It's actually supposed to get into the 30's on Sunday!

I'd love to see 30... high here on saturday (for scheduled 10 miler) is 9... Probably won't be that warm at 8 am when I run. No aches or pains so far... luckily. But I do have about 500 miles on my current shoes, about time to go shopping.

Added you as well RockChalk.

Rain Man 01-05-2010 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 6411021)
I just signed up today. Looks pretty cool, although the site runs like i'm on a 56k modem

I'm doing biking/running. My ID is #59338. I added you all to my list of partners.

Cool. Once I'm able to find Matthew Broderick from Wargames to help me dial up and get in I'll add you to my list. With your newfangled biking machinery, you may pass us all pretty quick.

Rain Man 01-05-2010 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rageeumr (Post 6411025)

That's my fear. Knee problems stink. I had to sit out 7 weeks in November and December. I'm back now, but I'm slow as molasses at the moment.

ziggysocki 01-05-2010 10:52 AM

I would add in biking, but I don't have a 4 wheel drive bike with snow mobile tracks on it... so I wont be logging any miles any time soon.

Slayer Diablo 01-05-2010 10:54 AM

That would be awesome! You should also pair it with the "Sketch/CAD" program that lets you create structures and place them on Google Earth. Just think of the possibilities in your running route if you could build an Alaska-Russia bridge or a Canada-Greenland-Iceland-England-France bridge!

Rain Man 01-05-2010 10:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ziggysocki (Post 6410982)
Ok, bump... WHERE YOU GUYS AT?

This whole thing about having different sets of books for each person is weird. I'd rather they just gave absolute locations.

I just passed through Charles City at 43.8 miles, and now I've got a long open stretch before I get to Glendale (16.7 miles away). The good news is that my maps have shifted up and are showing Richmond now. [Edit: well, not the map that I just pasted in.]

http://exercise.lbl.gov/TrailPointImage?pt_id=193

patteeu 01-05-2010 11:07 AM

Why stop at America? Someone should come up with an alternative virtual reality across which joggers can run and explore. You have to log your miles to discover new and amazing views and landmarks.

http://www.corbisimages.com/images/A...F-8B46849204FC

RockChalk 01-05-2010 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 6411175)
Cool. Once I'm able to find Matthew Broderick from Wargames to help me dial up and get in I'll add you to my list. With your newfangled biking machinery, you may pass us all pretty quick.

My knees only tolerate so much running, unfortunately. My recumbent bike comes in pretty handy with they start acting up

Rain Man 01-05-2010 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 6411233)
Why stop at America? Someone should come up with an alternative virtual reality across which joggers can run and explore. You have to log your miles to discover new and amazing views and landmarks.

And low-gravity worlds are much easier on the knees. I like it.