ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The official Eric Fisher thread take 2 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285385)

htismaqe 08-19-2014 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bufkin (Post 10832660)
He was a project of Central Michigan. Most fans conceded that he wouldn't be a superstar right away. To dismiss him after one season with the rhetoric that is being used is wholeheartedly wanting him to fail.

He was the #1 overall pick.

He played at RIGHT tackle, not left.

And he sucked for most of the year before getting hurt.

He's ALREADY FAILED. There's no "wanting" about it.

Most of us right now WANT him not to be a COMPLETE ****ING WASTE OF THE BEST DRAFT PICK WE'VE EVER HAD.

Bufkin 08-19-2014 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10832669)
He was the #1 overall pick.

He played at RIGHT tackle, not left.

And he sucked for most of the year before getting hurt.

He's ALREADY FAILED. There's no "wanting" about it.

Most of us right now WANT him not to be a COMPLETE ****ING WASTE OF THE BEST DRAFT PICK WE'VE EVER HAD.

Who would you have taken? Joeckel? He was on the IR and graded out worse than Fisher in the majority of games. Ansah? Wasn't a scheme fit. Tavon Austin? He racked in a few hundred receiving yards and a couple of touchdowns. Barkevious Mingo? Not a scheme fit. Jonathan Cooper? Broke his leg and didn't play a snap the entire season. Dion Jordan? The Dolphins nearly traded him this offseason for a 2nd rounder.

htismaqe 08-19-2014 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bufkin (Post 10832679)
Who would you have taken? Joeckel? He was on the IR and graded out worse than Fisher in the majority of games. Ansah? Wasn't a scheme fit. Tavon Austin? He racked in a few hundred receiving yards and a couple of touchdowns. Barkevious Mingo? Not a scheme fit. Jonathan Cooper? Broke his leg and didn't play a snap the entire season. Dion Jordan? The Dolphins nearly traded him this offseason for a 2nd rounder.

Ansah could EASILY play OLB in a 3-4. Not to mention the whole idea of drafting players to fit schemes instead of drafting plain old talent is silly.

I would have taken about 15 other players over Fisher and Joeckel, including Austin, Ansah, Millner, and others.

BigBeauford 08-19-2014 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bufkin (Post 10832639)
When's the last time Kansas City has had a player that CP posters want to fail? Cassel after his playoff year? Not even then, because he had a handful of homers. The disgust that you guys have over a 23 year old who is coming off an inconsistent rookie year is startling. I have about 40-50 posts saved in a notepad on my home computer to post once E-Fish makes his first pro bowl. And his 2nd. And his 5th.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-yleEs15g51...-face-palm.png

I think you got lost on the way to arrowhead addicts.

RunKC 08-19-2014 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10832687)
Ansah could EASILY play OLB in a 3-4. Not to mention the whole idea of drafting players to fit schemes instead of drafting plain old talent is silly.

I would have taken about 15 other players over Fisher and Joeckel, including Austin, Ansah, Millner, and others.

People bitch about taking Dee Ford bc we have Tamba and Houston but Ansah is okay

LMAO

Bufkin 08-19-2014 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10832687)

Austin had 1 game last year where he had more than 47 yards receiving. The guy blows for quarters. Milliner looked like shit last year as well. If in 5 years Fisher still sucks and Milliner is average, I'll concede to your point.

htismaqe 08-19-2014 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 10832704)
People bitch about taking Dee Ford bc we have Tamba and Houston but Ansah is okay

LMAO

Have I bitched about taking Dee Ford? I was one of the few people on here when they picked him defending the pick.

htismaqe 08-19-2014 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bufkin (Post 10832710)
Austin had 1 game last year where he had more than 47 yards receiving. The guy blows for quarters. Milliner looked like shit last year as well. If in 5 years Fisher still sucks and Milliner is average, I'll concede to your point.

Right now we'll be lucky if Fisher is even an active player in 5 years. He's ****ing broken. The team can't even decide what his real problem is.

Fish 08-19-2014 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bufkin (Post 10832660)
He was a project of Central Michigan. Most fans conceded that he wouldn't be a superstar right away. To dismiss him after one season with the rhetoric that is being used is wholeheartedly wanting him to fail.

Then he wasn't deserving of the 1st overall pick.

Bufkin 08-19-2014 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 10832727)
Then he wasn't deserving of the 1st overall pick.

Nonsense.

notorious 08-19-2014 04:27 PM

Fisher.......

So far he has been a colossal waste, and if you disagree you are a ****ing idiot.

Maybe, and it's a big maybe, he might be worth a shit in the future, but he has shown nothing that would indicate this will happen.

Bufkin 08-19-2014 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 10832780)
Fisher.......

So far he has been a colossal waste, and if you disagree you are a ****ing idiot.

Maybe, and it's a big maybe, he might be worth a shit in the future, but he has shown nothing that would indicate this will happen.

And it's this exact premise that has led to me being shunned around here.

Bowser 08-19-2014 04:31 PM

Fisher is going to end back up at right tackle. He might even end up at guard if Jeff Allen continues to suck like he's in the Houston 600.

notorious 08-19-2014 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bufkin (Post 10832785)
And it's this exact premise that has led to me being shunned around here.

You think he has done something tangible up to this point?

htismaqe 08-19-2014 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10832799)
Fisher is going to end back up at right tackle. He might even end up at guard if Jeff Allen continues to suck like he's in the Houston 600.

That's what the guys on 810 were saying but I don't see it.

If he doesn't have the strength to operate on the outside, he'll get manhandled on the inside.

If his shoulder doesn't get right and fast, he'll be out of football in a couple years.