ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Electronics Apple to Android help!! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278640)

luv 11-16-2013 12:00 AM

Apple to Android help!!

I'm not receiving texts from certain iPhone users. I went to my cellular provider today to inquire. They told me to go to Apple support and unregister my device. I went, but my device is not listed for me to unregister it. I sold my phone back to them when I bought my new one, so I don't have it to go to. They wiped everything from it while I was there.

luv 11-16-2013 12:05 AM

I've gone to iCloud to Find My Phone, but nothing comes up there either.

Discuss Thrower 11-16-2013 12:18 AM

I avoided this by turning off iMessage before my Note 3 got activated

luv 11-16-2013 12:32 AM

Since no devices are showing up for me to unregister, I wonder if changing my number would help?

Discuss Thrower 11-16-2013 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 10191078)
Since no devices are showing up for me to unregister, I wonder if changing my number would help?

I'd assume so, but that seems like a headache... But you might be SOL because they have your old phone.

MTG#10 11-16-2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 10191066)
I avoided this by turning off iMessage before my Note 3 got activated

My sister had the exact same problem as you luv, and she was told to do what Discuss said...only she had already sold her phone. She ultimately had to end up changing her number because she couldn't find any other options but I'm sure there has to be something else you can do. Did you end up going with the S4?

L.A. Chieffan 11-16-2013 12:22 PM

Told you just to get an iPhone

WoodDraw 11-16-2013 09:44 PM

I've seen this all over recently. I think I read somewhere that if you do an "I forgot my password" to your Apple account, that will stop iMessage. I don't know for sure though.

Mojo Rising 11-16-2013 10:37 PM

It seems that either Apple is making it inconvenient to leave their ecosystem. This serves as a threat to others that are thinking of leaving.

WoodDraw 11-16-2013 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo Rising (Post 10193014)
It seems that either Apple is making it inconvenient to leave their ecosystem. This serves as a threat to others that are thinking of leaving.

I don't think it's that malicious. Eventually google will do the same thing, because that's how users want it. SMS is an outdated technology that no one wants to use anymore. The problem is that it is being replaced by a proprietary system that not everyone can use.

If Apple would develop for Android, they'd own the messaging system tomorrow. Because so many of my friends have iPhones. And Macbooks are still the best laptops around, no questions asked. If apple made a Message app that was cross-platform, I'd be there. But they won't do that.

Every day I get Whatsapp, Viber, and SMS messages. It blows. We need to replace SMS with a new open policy not controlled by carriers or manufacturers.