ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Blind dog living in trash pile rescued video (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266917)

listopencil 11-21-2012 12:29 PM

That's great, good to see. We just rescued a dog last Friday.

listopencil 11-21-2012 12:55 PM

I guess I should tell the story, it's a pretty good one:

It was actually Saturday now that I think about it. It was about 7:30 PM and I heard a yelp, like a dog in pain. I thought it was my dog at first. My son and I looked around but Gordo was just laying there. Busy being fat and warm. We heard more yelps. They were coming from the back of the house.

We live just outside of town. The three mile road only has about five houses on it. All of the lots are olive orchards. Our home is a two story house about thirty yards from the road, on a twenty five acre orchard. The house sits on about one acre that is cleared with a front yard and gravel on the sides and back.

It's "Winter" here. That means that there is almost continual rain and the temperatures at night get down to about 45 degrees, probably around 60 degrees in the daytime. It was raining pretty hard that night. The wind was blowing too. It was raining sideways in fact. Those yelps had to be pretty loud for us to hear them.

I went to the back porch and looked around. It's brick, and it's about four feet tall. Something was hiding on the ground to my left, under the wire frame racks and junk I store there. Next to our trash cans. There was a lot of thrashing around and yelping. I thought a dog had been hit by a car and was hiding in pain. I kept my son back and approached with a flashlight.

I couldn't see anything at all. Just a lot of yelping and thrashing around. I finally caught sight of a tail, then a leg. Then the face of a tiny puppy. She was maybe 18 inches long. Cold, wet, shivering, crying...looked like she was starving too. It was pretty horrible. I called to her over and over but she just cowered in the corner. After a few minutes of talking to her I said ,"Come on baby. You're going to be OK." As I said the word "baby" she rushed me and jumped into my arms.

I don't know how to identify breeds very well. I thought she was a beagle because of her longish nose and floppy ears. One of my coworkers thinks Cocker Spaniel. I am trying to find out if the puppy belongs to anyone around here. Nothing so far. There are a lot of loose dogs in this town. It was probably abandoned on the side of the road. So, now we have a new dog named "Baby."

lcarus 11-21-2012 12:59 PM

That's awesome, but they should take it further and save some human beings that need it.

listopencil 11-21-2012 12:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a pic:

listopencil 11-21-2012 01:00 PM

Can anybody tell what breed the puppy is?

Jenson71 11-21-2012 01:07 PM

There might be some spaniel in there, but I don't think it's a cocker spaniel. Looks like a fat beagle.

frankotank 11-21-2012 01:09 PM

that looks like a beagle. my friend had one.....

frankotank 11-21-2012 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9139500)

I had a very similare experience two years ago. I live on a dead end road and heard whines from the pasture next to my house. I was sure it was a coyote pup because at night it sounds like there are 1000 over there. I figured it was hurt and probably dieing and wasn't looking forward to taking it out, but figured it'd be the right thing to do. I come around the corner of a copse of trees and I see it and I'm like....OH NO! a frigging puppy! dammit! lol I think I'd have rather had to take out an injured coyote than deal with a puppy. ROFL
last think in the world I wanted...another dog. long story short I picked her up and ggt a friend to take her.

listopencil 11-21-2012 01:13 PM

Beagle is what I was thinking. She is definitely fat and happy.

listopencil 11-21-2012 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 9139522)
I had a very similare experience two years ago. I live on a dead end road and heard whines from the pasture next to my house. I was sure it was a coyote pup because at night it sounds like there are 1000 over there. I figured it was hurt and probably dieing and wasn't looking forward to taking it out, but figured it'd be the right thing to do. I come around the corner of a copse of trees and I see it and I'm like....OH NO! a frigging puppy! dammit! lol I think I'd have rather had to take out an injured coyote than deal with a puppy. ROFL
last think in the world I wanted...another dog. long story short I picked her up and got a friend to take her.

Same here. I have three sheep, a turtle, a cat...and now two dogs.

In58men 11-21-2012 01:20 PM

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/11/22/equqe6a9.jpg

Dave Lane 11-21-2012 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9139250)
dogs rule.
Dogs KNOW when you rescue them. I'm sure of it.
I rescued / adopted my lab when she was 4months old from Wayside Waiffs. She has attached herself to me for nearly 10 years. She loves my wife, but she goes batshit crazy for me since I was the only one who went to get her/ picked her up.

I love dogs.

Totally agree dogs are the best.

Pants 11-21-2012 01:24 PM

I think there's been a video of this with much more touching music in the background, IIRC. I remember this video because I cried like a bitch watching it and then had my fiance cry her little eyes out as well. It's an amazing video.

EDIT: Just searched around, it must have been the same music because all the videos have the same song.

Beef Supreme 11-21-2012 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9139500)

Hard to say.

I'm sure you probably already have, or are planning to, but a vet visit is in order. A bloated stomach like that probably means intestinal worms that need to be taken care of.

listopencil 11-21-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 9139564)
Hard to say.

I'm sure you probably already have, or are planning to, but a vet visit is in order. A bloated stomach like that probably means intestinal worms that need to be taken care of.

Yeah. Taking her to the vet this week.