ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Is anyone else now uninterested in the Chiefs' past? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318625)

Rain Man 11-03-2018 05:36 PM

Is anyone else now uninterested in the Chiefs' past?

As I bask in the sunshine of the Mahomes era, I find myself far less interested in the past. I don't care about past playoff losses, I don't fret about past quarterbacks, and Herman Edwards can talk about whatever he wants. The current Chiefs have no relation to the past, and I find myself living in the present and looking forward to the future. I like this new life of mine.

I realize now that nearly every playoff game in my memory has been mid-level teams squabbling for table scraps. We lost to the Colts? Who cares? Neither team was going anywhere anyway. I have released my anger.

Matt Cassel? Who cares? It's the past. He's gone. We have a franchise quarterback.

Does anyone else feel the same way?

Bowser 11-03-2018 05:38 PM

Yes, and it grows every single game I watch this kid play. I appreciate the past and the great players we've had come through here, but I want to live in the future with this team now, not the past and the "would've, could've, should've" teams.

Reerun_KC 11-03-2018 05:43 PM

Yes. I lived through the clown show Marty years. The offense of DV. The Dark ages. The hopeless years of Alex.

Almost 4 decades of complete humiliation as a chiefs fan. It’s a new era and a new beginning.

Easy 6 11-03-2018 05:45 PM

Still love the old memories, its just that its reeeally looking like the best ones still lie ahead

Best22 11-03-2018 05:50 PM

In the Alex Smith days I used to enjoy old Chief highlights from the 1990s. Something got rewired in my brain and now I just don’t care.

It’s irrelevant. Only thing I care about is that we won a dusty, old Superbowl from 1969 and it’s time to add another one to the trophy case

I’m also super relaxed before games now. I just enjoy them. If we look like trash early on, I know Reid and Mahomes can sort it out. If we lose, there’s always next week and you just know Mahomes will always give you a chance to win. He’s not going to curl into a ball in the clutch, this man will go out swinging, win or lose.

carcosa 11-03-2018 05:52 PM

I like looking back because it makes me appreciate Mahomes that much more. But I've definitely let go of a lot of the angst.

rico 11-03-2018 05:52 PM

I’m more interested...we are getting to the exciting part of the story...makes me want to reflect on what led us here.

rico 11-03-2018 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Best22 (Post 13865070)
In the Alex Smith days I used to enjoy old Chief highlights from the 1990s. Something got rewired in my brain and now I just don’t care.

It’s irrelevant. Only thing I care about is that we won a dusty, old Superbowl from 1969 and it’s time to add another one to the trophy case

I’m also super relaxed before games now. I just enjoy them. If we look like trash early on, I know Reid and Mahomes can sort it out. If we lose, there’s always next week and you just know Mahomes will always give you a chance to win. He’s not going to curl into a ball in the clutch, this man will go out swinging, win or lose.

It’s finally ****ing fun again. And it feels great.

New World Order 11-03-2018 05:55 PM

Yep

Feels like a completely different franchise now

kysirsoze 11-03-2018 05:55 PM

I'm more interested. Having reached the light at the end of the tunnel I can now think about all those shitty years as prologue to this. It's no longer just a string of abject failure without an end in sight.

rico 11-03-2018 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 13865084)
I'm more interested. Having reached the light at the end of the tunnel I can now think about all those shitty years as prologue to this. It's no longer just a string of abject failure without an end in sight.

That’s a good way of putting it.

The main thing this era has done for me is it has made me less bitter. I still love discussing old times, though...and it feels good to be able to do so without feeling a ton of angst.

wazu 11-03-2018 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 13865084)

Can I change my answer?

TinyEvel 11-03-2018 05:59 PM

Once we win a playoff game at home, yes.

And, hell yeah, I want to forget the Chiefs History from 2005 to 2017

old_geezer 11-03-2018 05:59 PM

Those who fail to remember the past are doomed to repeat it. :harumph:

Rain Man 11-03-2018 06:00 PM

Maybe I should clarify that I still enjoy football history and Chiefs history, but I have no emotional investment in it. I have suddenly been able to let go of the anger over the Broncos cheating, the Colts getting lucky, quarterbacks getting weird bounces against us, kickers missing critical kicks, and all of the other stuff. It's the past. I have achieved a zen state.

And like Best22 said, I'm calm before games and excited about them. We can win any game at any place at any time.