ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Poe. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=260436)

Direckshun 06-12-2012 10:45 AM

Poe.

He shows up to the Combine at 346 lbs.

Looking like this.

http://www.rantsports.com/pittsburgh...oe-Combine.jpg

He shows up to OTAs.

Looking like this.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images...jpg?1337971522

He does not, unless I've completely missed the boat here, have a contract.

He is not yet getting paid.

But he is working his ****ing ass off at practice.

And is STAYING AFTER TO WORK ON TECHNIQUE.

While NOT getting paid for it.

Let's keep the Poe train going. Holy geez, I am really loving this kid.

Direckshun 06-12-2012 10:46 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WmrTyakPvLo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Direckshun 06-12-2012 10:47 AM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5nDw_CkQXb8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Direckshun 06-12-2012 10:48 AM

HE'S THE MICHAEL JORDAN OF __________________________

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pv5uS9-D75A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Buckweath 06-12-2012 10:49 AM

People say boom or bust but seeing as he looks a hard worker, now has good coaching and with his physical ability, I don't see the bust in him. It might take 2-3 years, but at worst he'll be playing at a Dorsey/Jackson level of play.

cmh6476 06-12-2012 10:50 AM

i don't see much of a difference, other than one picture he looks like a lion and the other picture he looks like a chief? I get the excitement, but am I missing something here?

Direckshun 06-12-2012 10:51 AM

These folks can go **** themselves.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/celNI4UCnFc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hammock Parties 06-12-2012 10:54 AM

Much ado about nothing.

Okie_Apparition 06-12-2012 10:59 AM

Get T Jacked at the D Poe

Pasta Little Brioni 06-12-2012 11:00 AM

Kid's working his ass off without a contract, that really is awesome. He'll be getting some of the best coaching in the entire league at his position, combine that with hard work, natural talent, and you have a future star in the making if he continues it.

L.A. Chieffan 06-12-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 8674502)
These folks can go **** themselves.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/celNI4UCnFc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I seem to recall this was how 99.9% of the board was reacting.

Except for me of course.

philfree 06-12-2012 11:06 AM

Players usually don't even show up until they have a contract. Myabe his work ethic will rub off on Powe and we'll have two badass young NTs when the season starts.

DaFace 06-12-2012 11:08 AM

I'm excited for the guy, but the lack of contract doesn't really make any difference. He'll get paid eventually, and he obviously knows that.

ModSocks 06-12-2012 11:25 AM

While it's great he's working hard w/o a contract, it could also simply mean the two sides are really close on the contract and are just ironing out the details.

BigMeatballDave 06-12-2012 11:29 AM

I really like him.

Give him a contract, Scott.

Rasputin 06-12-2012 11:31 AM

I don't have too high expectations for him this year but am excited that we get the opportunity to watch this kid blossom and hope in short few years he becomes the dominate DT we have been looking for.

Now for Dorsey & T Jack this is the year they better produce and no excuses for them.

philfree 06-12-2012 11:31 AM

I wonder how many rookies have been working at the OTAs without a signed deal? IMO Poe is a highly motivated individual because people questioned him as the 11th pick in the draft. He's out to prove those people wrong and to me Chiefs fans couldn't ask for a better scenario.

Ace Gunner 06-12-2012 11:40 AM

My main concern with him is his lacking technique and he seems docile. He's going to need a season or two before he lives up to expectations.

Discuss Thrower 06-12-2012 12:01 PM

Poe?

ModSocks 06-12-2012 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfootballfan (Post 8674642)
My main concern with him is his lacking technique and he seems docile. He's going to need a season or two before he lives up to expectations.

Yeah, i wouldn't expect much in his first year. I don't expect to see what we truely have till his 3rd or 4th season.

Rasputin 06-12-2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 8674683)
Yeah, i wouldn't expect much in his first year. I don't expect to see what we truely have till his 3rd or 4th season.

What's your expectations for Dorsey & T Jack?

This is the year they both better damn well do there jobs. I think they do fine in run defense but we suffer at getting to the QB with them. I'm hoping with Poe he helps collapse the pocket on the inside & T Jack & Dorsey have better routes to the QB, somebody is going be double teamed & taking up blocks for Hali to get there quicker.

ModSocks 06-12-2012 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 8674700)

This is the year they both better damn well do there jobs. I think they do fine in run defense but we suffer at getting to the QB with them. I'm hoping with Poe he helps collapse the pocket on the inside & T Jack & Dorsey have better routes to the QB, somebody is going be double teamed & taking up blocks for Hali to get there quicker.

I think Dorsey is all he's going to be at this point, which isn't bad.

He's gonna be a solid yet unspectacular 10 year pro, and no, i dont think he's going put up better numbers in a 43 either. He's going up against LG's in the 34. He's going to be going up against LG's in a 43 as well.

"But, but Detoxing! It's the schemes fault! If he were in a 43 he would get better sack numbers because he has to tie up blockers in a 34"

BS BS BS

On passing downs, Hali is taking on LT's and Dorsey is getting 1vs1 matchups vs the LG and he just doesn't get it one. That's not going to change in a 43.

Jackson? I guess we'll see, but i think he'll have a similar career as Dorsey.

bsp4444 06-12-2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

This.

How many times has Hali been so close to either a sack or knocking the ball away? I expect his impact to the game to increase dramatically if/when we see the pressure from the D-Line that we've been expecting.

HemiEd 06-12-2012 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 8674550)
I'm excited for the guy, but the lack of contract doesn't really make any difference. He'll get paid eventually, and he obviously knows that.

Yeah but, how many other players have that attitude? Not many.

themanwithnoname 06-12-2012 01:21 PM

Quote:

They will do like they've been doing, and that will be fine. I really don't expect more stats from them even if Poe plays like a monster as I expect Poe or the linebackers will be getting the stats. I certainly won't complain if Jackson starts getting sacks like Neil Smith and Dorsey wrecks lines like he did in college, but I'm not expecting that at all.

That is their jobs and they've been doing it pretty well actually. Yeah they're overpaid but its not their fault that they were picked as high as they were.

I seem to be one of the few that doesn't want to see us lose either of them. Now, I do want to see them get much, much more reasonable contracts, but I think they are actually a big part of the defense's improvement.

As for Poe, because of Dorsey and Jackson, I expect Poe will actually look pretty good from the get go. The defense is setup very well for a nose tackle to thrive in, and because of those two I think its actually going to protect Poe in that he can make mistakes and learn and it not be devastating.

I'm not sure if its been by design or it was just how things happened, but both sides of the ball are setup for the key player for them to come in and be successful so if they're good that side of the ball should be great.

I actually think that DJ and Berry will possibly be the biggest benefactors. They might not have to look even more amazing and shrug off blockers to make a play, plus we might see them rush more if there's open lanes for them to attack.

PhillyChiefFan 06-12-2012 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 8674764)
Yeah but, how many other players have that attitude? Not many.

That's how I look at it too. Most guys coming into the NFL wouldn't do jack shit without a contract, even participate in OTA's.

aturnis 06-12-2012 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 8674550)

He will get paid eventually. Unless of course he shreds his knee in a career ending injury. Hell, even season ending would cost him money.

DaFace 06-12-2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 8674887)
He will get paid eventually. Unless of course he shreds his knee in a career ending injury. Hell, even season ending would cost him money.

Aren't they pretty much locked in to the basic parameters of the contract? I honestly don't know, but I thought that was one of the features of the new CBA.

LOCOChief 06-12-2012 01:42 PM

Quote:

They do their jobs already. Their jobs are to stuff the run and occupy blockers so that Hali, Houston, DJ, Berry etc.... can get to the QB

People will think differently about Dorsey and TJ if Poe pans out in the middle, and I think he'll rape right out of the gate.

ModSocks 06-12-2012 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOCOChief (Post 8674931)
They do their jobs already. Their jobs are to stuff the run and occupy blockers so that Hali, Houston, DJ, Berry etc.... can get to the QB

People will think differently about Dorsey and TJ if Poe pans out in the middle, and I think he'll rape right out of the gate.

This is a misconception. Their PRIMARY job is to tie up blockers, not their only job, which they do a good job at. But they also need to get after the QB, which they fail miserably at.

Buckweath 06-12-2012 01:53 PM

People need to stop with being disappointed by Dorsey and Jackson poor sack numbers, or poor pass rush if you prefer.

Do you realize this Chiefs defense with Dorsey and Jackson starting all 16 games finished 6th in the league in pass defense despite having no Eric Berry back there and a passrusher like Justin Houston who wasn't a factor early on.
Did you see those games against Rodgers, Big Ben, Brady (without Eric Berry I remember you)?

Let's hope Dontari Poe can collapse the pocket regularly, if not this year next year, but I definitly think Dorsey and Jackson are a good part of the reason why this defense might already be elite.

I really hope the Chiefs resign Dorsey, he is an underrated player, not a star but real solid.

ModSocks 06-12-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckweath (Post 8674974)
People need to stop with being disappointed by Dorsey and Jackson poor sack numbers, or poor pass rush if you prefer.

Do you realize this Chiefs defense with Dorsey and Jackson starting all 16 games finished 6th in the league in pass defense despite having no Eric Berry back there and a passrusher like Justin Houston who wasn't a factor early on.
Did you see those games against Rodgers, Big Ben, Brady (without Eric Berry I remember you)?

Let's hope Dontari Poe can collapse the pocket regularly, if not this year next year, but I definitly think Dorsey and Jackson are a good part of the reason why this defense might already be elite.

I really hope the Chiefs resign Dorsey, he is an underrated player, not a star but real solid.

Considering Dorsey and Jackson come out on obvious passing downs, and that the Chiefs were near the bottom in total sacks, ima say that Jackson and Dorsey DIDN'T have a large part in that.

Tying up blockers and stopping the run is not their only job. If this Defense is going to take the next step forward to ELITE status, they have to get more production out of their DE's.

LOCOChief 06-12-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 8674970)
This is a misconception. Their PRIMARY job is to tie up blockers, not their only job, which they do a good job at. But they also need to get after the QB, which they fail miserably at.

We'll just agree to disagree on this, either way I think they'll be seen in a different light if Poe pans out.

ModSocks 06-12-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOCOChief (Post 8674997)
We'll just agree to disagree on this, either way I think they'll be seen in a different light if Poe pans out.

I don't see what Poe is going to do for them. They're not getting push in 1vs1 situations. Poe isn't going to change that.

The guys who will benefit from Poe are the LBers.

Rasputin 06-12-2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOCOChief (Post 8674931)

No on passing downs they need to be getting to the QB asap. That's there job. Getting penatration & getting double teamed is part of it. There lacking of sacks and getting to the QB is not acceptable, especially at the draft spot they were taken.

whoman69 06-12-2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 8674893)
Aren't they pretty much locked in to the basic parameters of the contract? I honestly don't know, but I thought that was one of the features of the new CBA.

I think the biggest variable is the amount guarenteed.

BoneKrusher 06-12-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okie_Apparition (Post 8674521)
Get T Jacked at the D Poe

i wanna change my name to Da DePoe

LOCOChief 06-12-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 8675006)
No on passing downs they need to be getting to the QB asap. That's there job. Getting penatration & getting double teamed is part of it. There lacking of sacks and getting to the QB is not acceptable, especially at the draft spot they were taken.

IF the nt isn't drawing double teams the ends are. Go Chiefs DJ gif evidences what I'm saying pretty clearly.

I'm not saying there doesn't need to be improvement from both Dorsey and TJ regarding pass rush but we've seen improvement there with good nt play and both players are assending imo.

Buckweath 06-12-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 8674991)
Considering Dorsey and Jackson come out on obvious passing downs, and that the Chiefs were near the bottom in total sacks, ima say that Jackson and Dorsey DIDN'T have a large part in that.

Tying up blockers and stopping the run is not their only job. If this Defense is going to take the next step forward to ELITE status, they have to get more production out of their DE's.

Whatever if we have a rotation at DEs... Do you deny that the Chiefs pass defence was elite in the second half of last season?

It's clear to me that Dorsey and Jackson's primary job is to stop the run, which they have proved to be great at. I wish they woud give us a bit more passrush but I don't expect it to happen and with the rise of Justin Houston, Allen Bailey and hopefully a decent rookie season by Poe, why are you so concerned by Dorsey and Jackson pass rush?

Between Hali, Houston, Bailey, maybe Poe and Berry and Arenas as great DB passrushers, the passrush will be fine my friend, do not worry.

Quesadilla Joe 06-12-2012 02:33 PM

Ronnie Hillman and Brock Osweiler haven't signed their contracts and haven't missed a practice either.

durtyrute 06-12-2012 02:34 PM

Beast

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-12-2012 02:35 PM

Poe will transform Dorsey and Jackson into everything we evar wanted them to be!

Quesadilla Joe 06-12-2012 02:35 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AZxD_uV5kyk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

comment posted by the uploader.

Quote:

I agree. 65 snaps, 1 tackle against a Conference USA team that went 2-11. The innate athletic ability doesn't translate to the field. Maybe someone can light a fire under him at the next level. If not, he could be way overvalued. I'm trying to dig up more games - Memphis is tough to find.

ModSocks 06-12-2012 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckweath (Post 8675017)
Whatever if we have a rotation at DEs... Do you deny that the Chiefs pass defence was elite in the second half of last season?

It's clear to me that Dorsey and Jackson's primary job is to stop the run, which they have proved to be great at. I wish they woud give us a bit more passrush but I don't expect it to happen and with the rise of Justin Houston, Allen Bailey and hopefully a decent rookie season by Poe, why are you so concerned by Dorsey and Jackson pass rush?

Between Hali, Houston, Bailey, maybe Poe and Berry and Arenas as great DB passrushers, the passrush will be fine my friend, do not worry.

There is a lot of cause to be concerned about the pass rush. They were tied for 3rd worst in the league last season.

Dorsey and Jackson combined for a whopping ONE sack the ENTIRE season. That is pathetic.

So lets go with what you've dreamed up though.

Hali continues to be Hali and gets 12-14 Sacks.

Houston Continue where he left off and get 8-10 Sacks.

Dorsey and Jackson continue Being Dorsey and Jackson: 1 Sack

The DB's rushing the QB thing is a bit of a reach, but we'll go with it.

Arenas: 2 Sacks

Berry: 2 Sacks

Now lets say we get about 10 sacks from everywhere else (which is what we got last year) : That would put us at 34 Sacks on the season.

We will have improved from 29th int the league to about 20th.

Not good enough.

BUT

If Dorsey and Jackson do what a good 34 DE would do...Produce 4-5 Sacks each on the season, then we'd be top 10.

Or....close to Elite.

Point?

Dorsey and Jackson producing a combined 1 sack per season isn't going to cut it.

Rasputin 06-12-2012 02:54 PM

Thank you Detoxing, that's the kind of point I was trying to make out of my questions. I havn't fealt like they've played good enough especially on passing downs. This year they best be getting at the QB. Poes job is collaps the inside, but he is too young & wet behind the ears to get his technique down to be that effective for his first year so we got to count on Dorsey & T Jack to really get after the QB. We should be constructive critisism for there play on the field imo & not just say that's good enough, it's not.

Otter 06-12-2012 02:58 PM

Looking forward to watching him play. If he fills NT for a couple years it's all worth it. That's the position on defense that makes all the difference but gets no glory in 3-4. The guys looks like he's hungry and has game but the tale will tell itself as it always does come showtime.

Certainly rooting for him.

ModSocks 06-12-2012 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 8675145)
Thank you Detoxing, that's the kind of point I was trying to make out of my questions. I havn't fealt like they've played good enough especially on passing downs. This year they best be getting at the QB. Poes job is collaps the inside, but he is too young & wet behind the ears to get his technique down to be that effective for his first year so we got to count on Dorsey & T Jack to really get after the QB. We should be constructive critisism for there play on the field imo & not just say that's good enough, it's not.

Exactly. It's not good enough. I'm not saying they are bad players, but they have to step it up in passing situations. Their lack of production is too much for the rest of the team to overcome, and Poe isn't going to do them any favors, at least not in his first year or two. There isn't a NT on the planet that will help Dorsey and Jackson win 1vs1. They have to do it themselves, and to this point, neither have shown that they can.

We're not asking for the world here. Something like 4-5 sacks each. We need them to produce that if this D is going to take the next step forward.

The problem with CP's members is that "They just have to clog the lanes" has been beaten into so many people's heads.

It's PART of their job, not their only job.

Even if Houston picks up where he left off and Hali continues to be Hali, it won't be enough to make this defense Elite. Not until those two step it up.

ModSocks 06-12-2012 03:08 PM

For comparisons sake, Baltimore, the top Pass rushing 34 team last season got 14 sacks for their 3 down linemen. Only 5 of those were from Ngata.

Rasputin 06-12-2012 03:08 PM

To me it's so what if you can stop the run? Can you stop the pass on first, second or third downs? Cus teams are passing on all the downs and the offences have it easy with the rules so DBs are having to lay off the WRs so it's a must to be able to attack the QB from the D line.

CupidStunt 06-12-2012 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 8675103)
Ronnie Hillman and Brock Osweiler haven't signed their contracts and haven't missed a practice either.

No-name RBs and 7ft lumberjack QBs sorta have to show up.

Setsuna 06-12-2012 03:41 PM

Please go suck his dick and get it over with direckshun. I mean seriously. STFU about him already and stop making shit threads.

DaFace 06-12-2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 8675248)
Please go suck his dick and get it over with direckshun. I mean seriously. STFU about him already and stop making shit threads.

:spock:

Bewbies 06-12-2012 03:47 PM

Quote:

**** you. Go post in the threads about being broke because of your ex wife, or whether or not you keep your car dealer maintained.

Barackshun needs to post many, many more football threads.

RealSNR 06-12-2012 03:58 PM

I'm definitely rooting for him. I like the kid a lot.

But that still doesn't mean he wasn't a shitty pick at 11th overall. I'm not even talking about reaching and position value. I'm talking about the concept of taking a guy that high who needs to COMPLETELY transform the way he plays the position.

And if that wasn't bad enough, he doesn't even flash the little stuff that you look for in potential stars. He doesn't have any explosion at all. He's slow off the snap and gets beaten off the ball 99% of the time. He doesn't exactly play with a motor. The number of plays in his highlight reels that I've seen where he really impresses me can be counted on both hands. And I'm INCLUDING the snaps where he doesn't make the play. I'm talking about instances where he gets leverage against a double team, or makes the correct gap read, or just plain athletically dominates the weaker competition (he has only a few of those plays).

He's got unbelievable work ethic, discipline, he's got great coaching here in Kansas City, and he's in a good environment in a scheme that supposedly plays to his strengths. Let's hope those things are enough to correct the glaring weaknesses of his.

Okie_Apparition 06-12-2012 03:59 PM

Jackson is getting hands up & batting balls down
I think Matty helped

RealSNR 06-12-2012 04:00 PM

You know who Poe is? Bruce Campbell. He's a better prospect with far better discipline, but let's face it. That's who Poe is. And Campbell went in the 4th round to the Raiders.

But hey, he's still in the league. So that's good news for Poe I guess.

Rasputin 06-12-2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

look, there are plenty of other message bords for you to go trolll so get lost. This is a good thread of discussion and your and idiot moran.

saphojunkie 06-12-2012 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 8675103)

Woopty shit

themanwithnoname 06-12-2012 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 8675133)
There is a lot of cause to be concerned about the pass rush. They were tied for 3rd worst in the league last season.

Dorsey and Jackson combined for a whopping ONE sack the ENTIRE season. That is pathetic.

So lets go with what you've dreamed up though.

Hali continues to be Hali and gets 12-14 Sacks.

Houston Continue where he left off and get 8-10 Sacks.

Dorsey and Jackson continue Being Dorsey and Jackson: 1 Sack

The DB's rushing the QB thing is a bit of a reach, but we'll go with it.

Arenas: 2 Sacks

Berry: 2 Sacks

Now lets say we get about 10 sacks from everywhere else (which is what we got last year) : That would put us at 34 Sacks on the season.

We will have improved from 29th int the league to about 20th.

Not good enough.

BUT

If Dorsey and Jackson do what a good 34 DE would do...Produce 4-5 Sacks each on the season, then we'd be top 10.

Or....close to Elite.

Point?

Dorsey and Jackson producing a combined 1 sack per season isn't going to cut it.

But, if Dorsey and Jackson aren't in on passing downs so how are they going to get sacks then? Point, without knowing exactly what they are being asked to actually do, how can you say they need to improve?

Jackson and Dorsey are there to enable others to make plays. Odd that after their improved play, we're talking about how DJ, Hali, and now Houston are making plays. The problem is that its still not enough because the Chiefs are not a big blitzing defense, and rely on just a couple of guys to essentially be their pass rush (hell you could almost argue one guy and amazingly its actually worked decently). I personally would like to see them get more aggressive, and I think that is actually the next step that needs to be taken. We'll see how things turn out obviously, but I think Jackson and Dorsey were told deliberately not to be super aggressive and get after the QB.

The Franchise 06-12-2012 04:34 PM

Quote:

Feel free to die in a fire.

Rasputin 06-12-2012 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themanwithnoname (Post 8675326)
But, if Dorsey and Jackson aren't in on passing downs so how are they going to get sacks then? Point, without knowing exactly what they are being asked to actually do, how can you say they need to improve?

Jackson and Dorsey are there to enable others to make plays. Odd that after their improved play, we're talking about how DJ, Hali, and now Houston are making plays. The problem is that its still not enough because the Chiefs are not a big blitzing defense, and rely on just a couple of guys to essentially be their pass rush (hell you could almost argue one guy and amazingly its actually worked decently). I personally would like to see them get more aggressive, and I think that is actually the next step that needs to be taken. We'll see how things turn out obviously, but I think Jackson and Dorsey were told deliberately not to be super aggressive and get after the QB.

I don't think it be too much to ask for each of them to get 10 sacks or average a sack a game would be nice. The thing is one sack for the season just doesn't cut it for either of them and I don't care it's not recipe for winning when your DEs get one sack per year. Even in a 34, at the least give me 12 sacks combined between them. One sack is BS. On a good season they both can get 10+sacks.

Pasta Little Brioni 06-12-2012 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 8675108)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AZxD_uV5kyk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

comment posted by the uploader.

Worry about your own shitty team please. K thanks.

jspchief 06-12-2012 04:46 PM

Hopefully Poe learns how to play football.

thomas 06-12-2012 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8674522)
Kid's working his ass off without a contract, that really is awesome. He'll be getting some of the best coaching in the entire league at his position, combine that with hard work, natural talent, and you have a future star in the making if he continues it.

Perfect storm brewing here!!!:clap:

saphojunkie 06-12-2012 05:05 PM

Quote:

Time to change your tampon.

Keep it up, direckshun!

saphojunkie 06-12-2012 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 8675347)
Hopefully Poe learns how to play football.

Well let's not let a little thing like that get in the way of some sweet, sweet OTA hype. :)

SAUTO 06-12-2012 05:17 PM

Quote:

**** off. Seriously.

You aren't even a ****ing chiefs fan. Go somewhere else... Don't tell actual fans of a team whose message board you are on to not make threads about a player on the same team the message board is about.

Oh and did I say to **** off?
Posted via Mobile Device

bevischief 06-12-2012 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8675011)
i wanna change my name to Da DePoe

Send a PM to one of the mods like Gonzo.

whoman69 06-12-2012 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themanwithnoname (Post 8675326)

Sorry but they were on the field for 200 passing downs last year. Teams are throwing out of their base set against our base defense on 1st and 2nd downs. That means for all those plays Dorsey and Jackson are next to useless.

Hoover 06-12-2012 06:17 PM

I have always liked the Poe pick, and his work ethic only makes me like him more.

Just compare Poe's offseason talk to Ryan Sims. At this point after Sims was drafted we knew that he liked to eat ribs, Poe is showing us that he's ready to get to work.

I get the same feeling with Poe as I did when we drafted Hali. I think we will look back in time and think this was a great pick. I love the kid.

philfree 06-12-2012 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 8675448)
I have always liked the Poe pick, and his work ethic only makes me like him more.

Just compare Poe's offseason talk to Ryan Sims. At this point after Sims was drafted we knew that he liked to eat ribs, Poe is showing us that he's ready to get to work.
I get the same feeling with Poe as I did when we drafted Hali. I think we will look back in time and think this was a great pick. I love the kid.

Exactly what I was thinking......Cut it out , maaan.

Edit: I never heard anything as positive about Doresy or Jackson either.

Hoover 06-12-2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 8675630)
I never heard anything as positive about Doresy or Jackson either.

Agree, and if it was positive it was that he's a nice guy you want to talk too.

RealSNR 06-12-2012 07:56 PM

Quote:

Hali at least had halfway decent college film. All that effort showed up in his play quite obviously. With Poe you know he works hard, but you just don't see it on the field.

Hoover 06-12-2012 07:59 PM

that said, Poe played a ton of snaps and was used all over the place.

LOCOChief 06-12-2012 08:08 PM

Quote:

:clap:

LOCOChief 06-12-2012 08:14 PM

[QUOTE=SNR;8675714]Hali at least had halfway decent college film. All that effort showed up in his play quite obviously. With Poe you know he works hard, but you just don't see it on the field.[/QUOTE
All that big boy has to do is apply effort, contant effort. Size + agility + speed + strength = jack shit! Throw in some effort and you got something else.

milkman 06-13-2012 01:13 PM

Seriously, making it like some big deal that Poe is showing up at OTAs and mini camps without a contract is stupid.

It's rare when a kid hasn't shown up at these.

It was just a few years ago that some kid (I think it was a Charger rookie) refused to show, talking about how an injury could affect his negotiations.

L.A. Chieffan 06-13-2012 01:14 PM

Sooooo who on here predicted that the Chiefs would draft this guy?

milkman 06-13-2012 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 8677268)
Sooooo who on here predicted that the Chiefs would draft this guy?

Soooooo, who on here gives a ****?

L.A. Chieffan 06-13-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8677269)
Soooooo, who on here gives a ****?

Everyone