ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Clark Hunt says he'd have 'no hesitation' in signing Colin Kaepernick (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=308962)

Eleazar 07-27-2017 12:30 PM

Clark Hunt says he'd have 'no hesitation' in signing Colin Kaepernick

Clark Hunt says he'd have 'no hesitation' in signing Colin Kaepernick
Scott Gleeson
USA TODAY Sports
Published 10:50 a.m. ET
July 27, 2017

Kansas City Chiefs owner Clark Hunt said he would have “no hesitation” in signing embattled quarterback Colin Kaepernick, who has yet to sign with a team following a season in which he kneeled during national anthems to advocate against police brutality and racial injustice.

Ironically, Chiefs starter Alex Smith had his job taken away by Kaepernick while in San Francisco. Hunt was asked during an NBC Sports radio interview if he’d have an issue signing the former 49ers QB.

“You know, I really wouldn’t,” Hunt said of signing Kaepernick — albeit without an actual roster opening. “Obviously, we have an interesting dynamic in regards to Colin in that we have Alex Smith as our starter. Because of that, I wouldn’t anticipate that Andy (Reid) would come to me with that.

“But, generally, I’m not going to tell our head coach or our GM not to bring in a player if they think that player can bring us some success on the field and make us better. Now there are certain circumstances where guys get in trouble off the field, and that is something as an organization and as a family we care about.

"We’re not going to bring those types of players in. In terms of a player like Colin, I would have no hesitation bringing him into the organization.”

New York Giants owner John Mara previously said that Giants fans had written him letters asking the organization not to sign the free-agent quarterback.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ick/516058001/

ChiefsCountry 07-27-2017 12:32 PM

They drafted Tyreek Hill who was a disgusting piece of shit woman beater. Kaepernick is just a dumb ass.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 07-27-2017 12:36 PM

God, I'd love that. So many crybaby Midwesterners.

In58men 07-27-2017 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 12976611)
They drafted Tyreek Hill who was a disgusting piece of shit woman beater. Kaepernick is just a dumb ass.

He helped out thousands of people living in poverty overseas. He's actually a great guy, you don't like him because 'murica.

Rasputin 07-27-2017 12:37 PM

What is the Hunt fetish for 49er quarterbacks?

ClevelandBronco 07-27-2017 12:38 PM

Riiiiiiight.

19now11 07-27-2017 12:38 PM

what every one seems to down play is it didn't start with a kneel down during the anthem, it started with sitting on the bench (on his ass) during the anthem. it wasnt until a teammate who was former military told him you better get the **** up that he decided hed take a knee instead.

Pablo 07-27-2017 12:46 PM

I'm all for it. Just for the lulz and the tears we'd see on CP alone.

Dartgod 07-27-2017 12:50 PM

I couldn't care less about his political views, I wouldn't want him on this team because he sucks.

Hog's Gone Fishin 07-27-2017 12:58 PM

The Chiefs are better than that. Hunt is just being politically correct.

TigeRRUppeRRcut 07-27-2017 01:03 PM

He's going to the Ravens, my guess

thegame214 07-27-2017 01:13 PM

What else is Clark supposed to say? "Yeah you know domestic violence is something we tolerate but the national anthem, that is just too damn far" lol I'm sure he will get picked up elsewhere at some point.

Mama Hip Rockets 07-27-2017 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 12976616)
He helped out thousands of people living in poverty overseas. He's actually a great guy, you don't like him because 'murica.

Exactly. Kaepernick has done so many awesome things off the field, but everybody hates him because he (rightly) believes that there are some things wrong with this country and wanted to make a statement about it. Yet they'll support violent criminals, rapists, drunk drivers, etc. if they help them win games. It's mind boggling.

Ming the Merciless 07-27-2017 01:18 PM

that would be hilarious

Mile High Mania 07-27-2017 01:31 PM

Clark should do it... if nothing other than to block the Ravens from doing it. Cheap 1 year deal, maybe a 2 year to 'justify' as insurance for PH next year. Do it, Clark.