ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV What's the scariest movie you've ever seen? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=251423)

ReynardMuldrake 10-19-2011 09:21 AM

What's the scariest movie you've ever seen?

I'm not talking about spookiest, or creepiest, or most suspenseful, or goriest, or trippiest, or the most ****ed-up...

But what movie has made you shit your pants? Kept you up at night? Gave you that sinking feeling? Made you afraid to leave the house?

What is the scariest movie you've ever seen?

ReynardMuldrake 10-19-2011 09:21 AM

Personally, I would have to go with The Exorcist. Something about losing control over a family member while they are possesed by demons and being powerless to do anything about it is terrifying.

The Franchise 10-19-2011 09:22 AM

I must be one of the only people that thought that "The Exorcist" ****ing sucked.

Dayze 10-19-2011 09:22 AM

probably Halloween as a young lad.

or Excorcist

The Franchise 10-19-2011 09:23 AM

When I was a kid....it was any of the "Nightmare on Elm Street" movies.

Crush 10-19-2011 09:28 AM

Poltergeist

Frazod 10-19-2011 09:35 AM

Jaws.

seaofred 10-19-2011 09:38 AM

I was pretty young with Child's Play came out. The night after I saw it, I stayed the night at my friends. He had a My Buddy doll. Freaked me out! Also the movie Event Horizon creeps me out.

Otter 10-19-2011 09:43 AM

Haven't seen it for years so I'm not sure how well it's held up but "Jacob's Ladder".

Honorable Mention:

The Exorcism of Emily Rose
Antichrist
Threads

Chiefnj2 10-19-2011 09:51 AM

I've been on a horror movie kick lately. Just saw The Descent and 1408. 1408 was a good movie considering it is PG13. Tough to make a non-R horror movie.

Sofa King 10-19-2011 09:54 AM

Dunno. "It" wasn't much fun when i saw it as a little dude. Nor was "Puppet Master" (although those look ridiculous now). Pet Cemetery. Childs Play.

All movies i watched when i was younger. Nothing is really scary anymore. Except for Hard Knocks with the Kansas City Chiefs and Herm Edwards. I couldn't sleep for months.

luv 10-19-2011 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8006042)
When I was a kid....it was any of the "Nightmare on Elm Street" movies.

Same here.

Although, I'm a wuss when it comes to scary movies. I Know What You Did Last Summer even scared me...lol. Anything involving being in the house alone or going to the car alone. To this day, I always check the back seat before getting into my car. When I first lived alone, every sound would freak me out, and I would check closets and behind the shower curtain when I came home late at night.

Bump 10-19-2011 10:02 AM

Blair Witch Project.

Otter 10-19-2011 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8006119)
Dunno. "It" wasn't much fun when i saw it as a little dude. Nor was "Puppet Master" (although those look ridiculous now). Pet Cemetery. Childs Play.

All movies i watched when i was younger. Nothing is really scary anymore. Except for Hard Knocks with the Kansas City Chiefs and Herm Edwards. I couldn't sleep for months.

How scary you perceive a movie has a lot to do with the atmosphere you're watching it in as much as the movie itself. I'm pretty sure I could watch 'Antichrist' on a sunny day while answering the phone and checking test messages and it would get nothing more than a grimace in certain spots. Change that to 2am, totally dark room and allowing yourself to become immersed in the movie and it becomes a 'holy shit I can't sleep' experience.

Lots of reasons out there why it's so subjective from one person to the next such as personal phobias and past experiences but I found atmosphere makes a huge difference.

I never watched that version of Hard Knocks. Herm the weekly series was more than I could take.

luv 10-19-2011 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8006147)
Blair Witch Project.

I didn't find that one scary at all.