ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Parks and Recreation (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=239687)

Javabean 04-18-2013 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Obvious (Post 9595448)

That was epic, and everything about that movie sounds better than anything Lucas has crapped out in decades.

Pitt Gorilla 04-19-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Obvious (Post 9595448)

That was awesome. He should have tied in Justified as well, though.

Baby Lee 05-07-2013 06:53 PM

Watched the Season 4 bloopers on youtube, and Chris Pratt slayed them with an off-the-cuff joke.

The scene was about Team Knope working on bouncing back from the series of campaign disasters in previous episodes.

Anne: Everyone loves a good comeback story, right? Seabiscuit, The Mighty Ducks

Leslie: Robert Downey Jr. . . Who Else

Anne: Rocky.

Andy: Kim Kardashian!!

Leslie: [skeptically] Well? . . .

Andy: No, in the video she gets come on her back, I think.

Guys - bust out laughing

Gals - shade their eyes

Rhetta: 'He's always gotta make the wrap party.'

Bump 05-07-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9582778)
Ron Swansopn eating a banana might be the NEW funniest thing I've EVER seeen on TV.

http://eater.com/archives/2013/04/12...ana-burger.php

I thought it was kinda dumb. No grown man is afraid of fruit.

Baby Lee 05-07-2013 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9666862)
I thought it was kinda dumb. No grown man is afraid of fruit.

He's not afraid of it, he's repulsed by it.

Bump 05-08-2013 11:40 AM

a little off topic.

anyone been watching (or trying to get through) the last few episodes of The Office?

wow, that shit sure jumped the shark. It's painful to watch. But I feel like I've watched them all, may as well get through the last few. I'm a completionist, what can I say.

blaise 05-08-2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9667984)
a little off topic.

anyone been watching (or trying to get through) the last few episodes of The Office?

wow, that shit sure jumped the shark. It's painful to watch. But I feel like I've watched them all, may as well get through the last few. I'm a completionist, what can I say.

The marriage problems story line about Pam and Jim and the sound guy is really forced and tiresome. I don't think I've watched the last two yet so maybe they got done with that.

tomahawk kid 05-08-2013 12:51 PM

Is the popular thought still that Parks and Rec is probably cancelled after this season?

It would suck to be sure, but I'd expect nothing less from the idiots at NBC.

blaise 05-08-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomahawk kid (Post 9668170)
Is the popular thought still that Parks and Rec is probably cancelled after this season?

It would suck to be sure, but I'd expect nothing less from the idiots at NBC.

I doubt it. I know that every other week you read their ratings hit an all time low, but they have to see some value in it.

Chiefspants 05-08-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 9668160)
The marriage problems story line about Pam and Jim and the sound guy is really forced and tiresome. I don't think I've watched the last two yet so maybe they got done with that.

The last episode was arguably the best episode of The Office since Michael's Goodbye.

tomahawk kid 05-08-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 9668274)
The last episode was arguably the best episode of The Office since Michael's Goodbye.

Would be nice if the bring Carell back for the finale, even if its just a cameo.

tomahawk kid 05-08-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 9668193)
I doubt it. I know that every other week you read their ratings hit an all time low, but they have to see some value in it.

I feel like P&R is the best show no one watches.

It seriously confuses me.

I've turned two to three people onto the show (mostly due to Ron), but previous to getting them to watch it, the first words out of their mouths was, "I've heard that show sucks".

Predarat 05-08-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 9668160)

They did, FINAILLY! Chiefspants is right, the episode last week was one of the best recent ones if not the best. Two more hour long episodes left and the series is done.

blaise 05-08-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomahawk kid (Post 9668344)
I feel like P&R is the best show no one watches.

It seriously confuses me.

I've turned two to three people onto the show (mostly due to Ron), but previous to getting them to watch it, the first words out of their mouths was, "I've heard that show sucks".

I thought season 2 was awesome. I thought the last two seasons were just ok.

Demonpenz 05-08-2013 02:24 PM

It isn't surprising no one watches Parks and Recreation. People think the Hangover is the best comedy of all time. So those same people love Big Bang Theory and stick to set up punchline familiar sit-coms.