ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Chicken eaters... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=291481)

Fire Me Boy! 03-23-2015 07:45 AM

Chicken eaters...

I'm trying to eat more of the original white meat, but could use some ideas.

So tell me how you spruce up chicken breasts. How do you prepare them so they're still moist? Do you use the whole breast or butterfly? Do you pound them thin? What do you to do add flavor to a generally mild and unexciting protein?

Tell me what you got.

Mr_Tomahawk 03-23-2015 07:54 AM

Don't be a pussy.

Eat it raw.

Donger 03-23-2015 07:56 AM

I indirect grill or bake chicken boobs in the oven. I only get the full breasts unless I'm making breaded chicken for the kids. Just a light coating in olive oil and salt and pepper.

mdchiefsfan 03-23-2015 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 11399091)
Don't be a pussy.

Eat it raw.

Don't forget a splash of antifreeze to sweeten the meat.

Fire Me Boy! 03-23-2015 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 11399094)
I indirect grill or bake chicken boobs in the oven. I only get the full breasts unless I'm making breaded chicken for the kids. Just a light coating in olive oil and salt and pepper.

When you say full breasts, do you mean bone-in? Or just the standard chicken breast pack at the store with no butterflying?

We butterfly mostly because my wife finds chicken breast frustratingly bland, and a larger surface area means more seasoning. Also, they cook quicker, which is a plus and a minus - easier to overcook that way.

JakeLV 03-23-2015 08:01 AM

Olive oil to keep it moist and helps it to not stick on the grill.

If I'm doing southwestern, I do 2/3 paprika 1/3 cumin. Makes great fajitas.

Spokane Chief Fan 03-23-2015 08:04 AM

If I am cooking boneless skinless breast I always brine. I find this is the easiest way to keep them moist.

Donger 03-23-2015 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 11399103)
When you say full breasts, do you mean bone-in? Or just the standard chicken breast pack at the store with no butterflying?

We butterfly mostly because my wife finds chicken breast frustratingly bland, and a larger surface area means more seasoning. Also, they cook quicker, which is a plus and a minus - easier to overcook that way.

No, not bone-in. Just the biggest boneless breasts I can get and no butterflying. And why the **** is my penis moving!?

375 for 4o to 45 minutes and they are always tender and juicy.

I do sometimes rub them with my standard rub if I'm feeling sassy.

Fire Me Boy! 03-23-2015 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spokane Chief Fan (Post 11399110)
If I am cooking boneless skinless breast I always brine. I find this is the easiest way to keep them moist.

I've read that, but never done it. What's your ratio of salt/sugar to water, and how long do you brine?

BigMeatballDave 03-23-2015 08:06 AM

I like to marinate in Italian dressing. Great flavor and moist.

BigMeatballDave 03-23-2015 08:08 AM

Does any like the boneless thighs?

Love them more than breast.

I don't know why, but boneless thighs are so much better than bone-in.

Baby Lee 03-23-2015 08:09 AM

There are plenty of good Thai and Indian jar currys. Easy as pie to plop in a crock pot with some breasts. Sauce keeps it moist. Ricemaker up some rice when you're ready to eat.

Try the Thai Green Curry at Trader Joe's as a good start. A bright fruity curry with plenty of citrus that isn't hot in the least.

http://comfortfoodinfusion.com/wp-co...reen-curry.jpg

BigMeatballDave 03-23-2015 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 11399113)
No, not bone-in. Just the biggest boneless breasts I can get and no butterflying. And why the **** is my penis moving!?

375 for 4o to 45 minutes and they are always tender and juicy.

I do sometimes rub them with my standard rub if I'm feeling sassy.

LMAO WTF?

Fire Me Boy! 03-23-2015 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMeatballDave (Post 11399119)
Does any like the boneless thighs?

Love them more than breast.

I don't know why, but boneless thighs are so much better than bone-in.

I love thighs, but I usually do skin-on, bone-in (only because I can't find boneless with skin ON).

But this is a breast thread because it's easy to make chicken thighs taste awesome.

Fire Me Boy! 03-23-2015 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 11399121)
There are plenty of good Thai and Indian jar currys. Easy as pie to plop in a crock pot with some breasts. Sauce keeps it moist. Ricemaker up some rice when you're ready to eat.

Try the Thai Green Curry at Trader Joe's as a good start. A bright fruity curry with plenty of citrus that isn't hot in the least.

:hmmm:

I've never done breasts in the crock because I've always read it's way too easy in the crock for them to get dry.