ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Our defense, if we drafted Ansah and Nico Johnson. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271214)

Direckshun 03-16-2013 11:04 AM

Our defense, if we drafted Ansah and Nico Johnson.

We would be given an insane amount of different fronts we could line up in. We could have heavy fronts, small fronts, dimes, nickels, goal lines... and always be lining up exceptional talent everywhere.

Now for our purposes, I assumed we drafted Ezekiel Ansah out of BYU, who the Chiefs clearly love. And I assume they draft Nico Johnson, a big, Belcher-type out of Alabama in the 3rd or fourth round.

Look how awesome this is.

Ladies and gentleman, this is why it's a good idea to stack your ****ing defense.

BlackHelicopters 03-16-2013 11:09 AM

Good work. Good points. Thank you.

Rasputin 03-16-2013 11:10 AM

I like the 4-3 base with Powe on the front line. Powe just needs to play.

Rasputin 03-16-2013 11:11 AM

More Powe and less Poe in the 3-4

Direckshun 03-16-2013 11:11 AM

For completeness's sake, the players I have on the field in every scenario: Flowers, Smith, Berry, Derrick Johnson, Poe, and Houston.

Easy 6 03-16-2013 11:21 AM

I like it, all we need is some rush help and this D could wow people.

philfree 03-16-2013 12:13 PM

If we have Ansah then why are you putting Bailey on the field? Country Strong!

DaneMcCloud 03-16-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9505561)
More Powe and less Poe in the 3-4

:facepalm:

Direckshun 03-16-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 9505726)
If we have Ansah then why are you putting Bailey on the field? Country Strong!

They play different positions and have different skillsets.

Dave Lane 03-16-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9505592)
I like it, all we need is some rush help and this D could wow people.

We are going to need to with our lack of QB play.

Old Dog 03-16-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9505540)
Ladies and gentleman, this is why it's a good idea to stack your ****ing defense.

Well, that and the likelihood that our offense won't score many points with Alice Smith at the helm.

*sorry, had to do it

Rasputin 03-16-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9505730)
:facepalm:

You can facepalm if you want. They need to rotate at least and keep them fresh in the game. No need or reason to play Poe for three downs every series. Doesn't matter if he did it in college he doesn't get the power to generate pushing in the pocket. Powe can generate that kind of power but they both need to get playing time with a nice rotation.

The college tape on Poe what good was he playing every down? I didn't see that was effective did you ?

philfree 03-16-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9505731)
They play different positions and have different skillsets.

And you're taking Hali out of the game. I think Ansah is stong enough to play in the middle in place of Bailey. That's the thing about Ansah is he's a freak who can play inside and outside.

Direckshun 03-16-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 9505768)
And you're taking Hali out of the game. I think Ansah is stong enough to play in the middle in place of Bailey. That's the thing about Ansah is he's a freak who can play inside and outside.

You don't put Ansah inside.

Taking Hali out of the game isn't the worst thing in the world. He's not a terribly versatile defender.

It'd be one thing if I'm taking him out for Andy Studebaker, but I'm not. I'm taking him out for ****ing Ezekial Ansah.

DaneMcCloud 03-16-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9505751)
You can facepalm if you want. They need to rotate at least and keep them fresh in the game. No need or reason to play Poe for three downs every series. Doesn't matter if he did it in college he doesn't get the power to generate pushing in the pocket. Powe can generate that kind of power but they both need to get playing time with a nice rotation.

The college tape on Poe what good was he playing every down? I didn't see that was effective did you ?

I'm sorry, that is just plain dumb to say that Jerrel Powe, a sixth rounder who's shown nothing to date, should play before Dontari Poe, who showed pressure, athleticism and most of all endurance.

Dumb, dumb, dumb.