ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Flacco - Franchise QB? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268815)

Baby Lee 02-03-2013 11:45 PM

He has definitely turned a corner. For the longest he was a manager type whose best asset was not having brain farts. Tonight he was as elusive and extended plays as well as Kaepernik and Roethlisberger, and that's saying a lot. I'd say his propensity for not making mistakes is still his strong suit, but his mobility and sticking with the play to the bitter end has really made strides. Kaepernik probably actually outplayed him overall, but Flacco gets the hardware.

In the end, I was actually hoping that the 49ers would take the lead to see how Flacco responded. They showed him sitting on the sidelines as the 49ers were knocking at the door and he looked so serene, reminded me of Joe Cool Montana. Was really wanting to see if his calmness translated to crunch time performance.

RealSNR 02-03-2013 11:45 PM

Also, he's another first round pick to win a Super Bowl.

Are the pig-****ing true fan ****ers over the "GET BETTER QB VALUE IN TEH 2ND ROUND!!!!111" bullshit yet?

B14ckmon 02-03-2013 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9376859)

Are the pig-****ing true fan ****ers over the "GET BETTER QB VALUE IN TEH 2ND ROUND!!!!111" bullshit yet?

Trade down and take Glennon at the 14th pick! First round!

Unsmooth-Moment 02-03-2013 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadzooks (Post 9376785)
Do you think Trent Dilfer was a franchise QB?

Only if he has won a playoff game 5 straight years, I won't even require it be his first 5 years.

Smed1065 02-04-2013 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prhom (Post 9376655)
I thought Flacco was pretty mediocre after the regular season and figured they'd be one and done in the playoffs. He has been playing lights out since then. Gotta give the guy credit.

No, we have to blame you for being an idiot without considering that old ass team mate was retiring. .

Smed1065 02-04-2013 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9376858)
He has definitely turned a corner. For the longest he was a manager type whose best asset was not having brain farts. Tonight he was as elusive and extended plays as well as Kaepernik and Roethlisberger, and that's saying a lot. I'd say his propensity for not making mistakes is still his strong suit, but his mobility and sticking with the play to the bitter end has really made strides. Kaepernik probably actually outplayed him overall, but Flacco gets the hardware.

In the end, I was actually hoping that the 49ers would take the lead to see how Flacco responded. They showed him sitting on the sidelines as the 49ers were knocking at the door and he looked so serene, reminded me of Joe Cool Montana. Was really wanting to see if his calmness translated to crunch time performance.

Turned a corner-LOL

Means you said he sucked before but now think he is great-LOL

LMAO

Baby Lee 02-04-2013 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smed1065 (Post 9376939)
Turned a corner-LOL

Means you said he sucked before but now think he is great-LOL

LMAO

I've NEVER said Flacco sucked. I didn't know he had the elusivity he displayed today. But I've consistently held that he'd take a good defense to the promised land. Flacco has always been a good QB for a good defense, today he was a good QB for a team whose WRs take a bit to come open, and he's the QB with the hardware.

I was never down on him. Show where I ever have been.

keg in kc 02-04-2013 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9376858)

That 9ers passing game tonight almost looked like something Charlie Weis would've cooked up for Tyler Thigpen. They were dead meat if his first read wasn't open, and a sizeable percentage of his yards came from broken tackles thanks to Crabtree and Davis. Even with the game Boldin had, Flacco was able to spread the ball around, whereas Kaepernick basically laser-locked on those two guys. It was just safe designed throw after safe designed throw. Which is understandable when you have the weapons they do, and the running game they do.

But in the end I thought the game was a classic example of why pocket QBs will never go out of style, no matter how appealing running QBs might look. That's not to say that Kaepernick doesn't have some passing tools, but he still has a ways to go. Smoke and mirrors got them pretty far, but even with that line, that running game, and Davis and Crabtree wreaking havoc when they had the ball, it just wasn't quite enough.

And Flacco clearly outplayed him. It's not even a question.

Which is kind of a shame. I hate seeing Ray Lewis go out with a win.

KC_Connection 02-04-2013 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9376944)
And Flacco clearly outplayed him. It's not even a question.

Yeah, he was the better QB in that game. And tonight wasn't anything we hadn't seen from Flacco before, he's been playing this way for about 3 seasons now (while being particularly effective in the postseason). I think he moved past that "game manager" tag quite a while ago.

Rausch 02-04-2013 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9376859)

Nope.

You'll hear the same $3it from the KC Star and sports talk for the next two months...

Mile High Mania 02-04-2013 09:14 AM

There's not much to dislike about Flacco. I think he's a very good QB and over the next few years as that defense adjusts to the guys they're likely losing, we'll see how he does if it becomes more offense than the balance they've had the last 5 years.

It's a fun offense to watch and he makes big plays - again, not much to dislike about him and the production.

King_Chief_Fan 02-04-2013 09:28 AM

For the Chiefs...whose your choice for QB?

Flacco or Kaepernick?

I am choosing Flacco.

RyFo18 02-04-2013 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan (Post 9377219)

Flacco or Kaepernick?

I am choosing Flacco.

Flaepernick

Sorter 02-04-2013 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan (Post 9377219)

Flacco or Kaepernick?

I am choosing Flacco.

Kaepernick.

Rasputin 02-04-2013 09:33 AM

I think he is elite & a franchise QB for the Baltimore Ravens. I don't want him for our franchise. I want to draft our OWN franchise QB. So I'm not voting in this poll.