ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports ***The Official MMA Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=230465)

alnorth 06-30-2015 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 11574722)
UFC looks incredibly dumb for sitting on this fight and not putting it on 2 months ago.

not really. This injury was not a random act of God, it was sustained during training camp. You have the fight two months earlier, then Aldo starts camp two months earlier and is just as likely to get hurt.

alnorth 07-01-2015 06:50 PM

USADA has just announced a 3-month grace period to adjust to the new IV policy. Fighters will be allowed to rehydrate using IV's until 10/1

I assume the idea here is that fighters who were in the middle of camp and whose weight-cutting strategy depended on using IV's after weigh-in didn't have enough notice, but now everyone should know the rules before they start training for an October fight, and if they can't make weight safely without an IV and a nurse waiting for them off-stage, then maybe they shouldn't be at that weight class.

alnorth 07-01-2015 07:37 PM

Aldo's x-ray images are all over the internet. His rib is very obviously broken. Whichever quack was saying it was a bone bruise should be investigated by his medical licensing board.

Jerm 07-01-2015 07:44 PM

No shit...sounds like the UFC were pressuring him hard to stay in and take the fight, crazy.

Gonna be nuts if Mendes beats McGregor...this entire thing falls apart.

alnorth 07-01-2015 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 11576691)
No shit...sounds like the UFC were pressuring him hard to stay in and take the fight, crazy.

Gonna be nuts if Mendes beats McGregor...this entire thing falls apart.

I don't think anyone in the world, including Ireland, will be cheering harder for Conor than Aldo.

Aldo does not draw well at all, and has never qualified for a backend PPV bonus. This whole Conor thing was a financial gift from God for him to finally make millions, and its all going to go up in smoke if Mendes wins.

BigCatDaddy 07-01-2015 07:55 PM

This fight is a lot like the Rumble/DC fight with Mendes playing the DC role. If Mendes wins its a horrible situation for everyone.

alnorth 07-02-2015 06:50 PM

Sinead O'Connor will sing live in the octagon during Conor McGregor's walkout.

BigCatDaddy 07-02-2015 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 11578595)
Sinead O'Connor will sing live in the octagon during Conor McGregor's walkout.

Nothing Compares To You? Thats the only song of hers I know.

alnorth 07-06-2015 01:17 PM

Gilbert Melendez tested positive for exogenous origin testosterone from his UFC 188 post-fight sample. He's suspended for one year.

He is lucky that he wasn't caught under the new program by USADA, or it would have been 4 years.

Bufkin 07-06-2015 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 11583345)
Gilbert Melendez tested positive for exogenous origin testosterone from his UFC 188 post-fight sample. He's suspended for one year.

He is lucky that he wasn't caught under the new program by USADA, or it would have been 4 years.

I think it's moot. With his age and the fact he's already in decline he's pretty much done.

LOL @ him saying he didn't inject anything. And after that crappy performance he had in his last fight, it's merely salt to the wound.

alnorth 07-06-2015 01:50 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I know a guy!! Always game, Drug and PED free 🐮👦🏽</p>&mdash; Cowboy Cerrone (@Cowboycerrone) <a href="https://twitter.com/Cowboycerrone/status/618141946884657152">July 6, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

LOL, Cowboy is still trying to get the UFC to not make him wait

BigCatDaddy 07-06-2015 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bufkin (Post 11583357)
I think it's moot. With his age and the fact he's already in decline he's pretty much done.

LOL @ him saying he didn't inject anything. And after that crappy performance he had in his last fight, it's merely salt to the wound.

So he's saying he just used a transdermal then? lol

TimBone 07-12-2015 03:37 PM

I was giving Alnorth time to update everybody on last night's card, but I guess he hasn't been around. Apparently last nights card was fantastic. I didn't order because I was working until 11pm.

Anybody see it? I hear that Lawler-MacDonald was ****ing nuts. FOTY material. And the main event worked out great. Props to McGregor. He's now taken out a wrestler, and if I recall correctly, the one knock on the guy was that he had avoided top level wrestlers until last night. It didn't seem possible, but now the Aldo-McGregor fight has even MORE hype behind it than it did just a month ago. I hope to heck that both fighters make it to that fight injury free.

KC native 07-12-2015 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 11595017)
I was giving Alnorth time to update everybody on last night's card, but I guess he hasn't been around. Apparently last nights card was fantastic. I didn't order because I was working until 11pm.

Anybody see it? I hear that Lawler-MacDonald was ****ing nuts. FOTY material. And the main event worked out great. Props to McGregor. He's now taken out a wrestler, and if I recall correctly, the one knock on the guy was that he had avoided top level wrestlers until last night. It didn't seem possible, but now the Aldo-McGregor fight has even MORE hype behind it than it did just a month ago. I hope to heck that both fighters make it to that fight injury free.

I missed the first two fights.

Lawler-MacDonald was the best fight of the year so far. Watch that shit.

And Aldo vs. Macgregor is going to be nuts.

TimBone 07-12-2015 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 11595150)
I missed the first two fights.

Lawler-MacDonald was the best fight of the year so far. Watch that shit.

And Aldo vs. Macgregor is going to be nuts.

Yeah. I'm seriously regretting not ordering the card. Did Lawler at least beat the shit out of Rory most of the fight? That's what I wanted to see. Rory's face looks awful right now.