ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Electronics Damn. I have "Texting Thumb" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267108)

TinyEvel 11-26-2012 11:48 PM

Damn. I have "Texting Thumb"

a.k.a. De Quervain's Tendonitis.

About a three weeks ago, I started having a really sharp pain at the base of my thumb where the wrist is (where your wristwatch would be). I didn't have any injury that I would remember but it felt like my bone was broken -- severe pain any time I grabbed something or pinched something (i.e. taking my laptop out of the bag)

So, this weekend I was complaining about it to friends, and someone says "Oh yeah, that's texting thumb, from texting or using your smartphone too much, tons of people are getting it."

So, a bit of Googling and I sure do have it (performed the "Finklestein maneuver" to test for it). Plus, just using my iPhone today I took note of how much I do with just one hand, and it's about 90 percent of the time. I unlock the phone, scroll, check email, write back to people, etc.

So now I'm gonna be wearing this huge thumb brace for a while, but the good news (Guru, are you listening?) I self-diagnosed this all and ordered a thumb brace online for 50 percent off.

Yay me!

Oh, should I have added this to the "does a vasectomy hurt" thread?

More details on this, in case you have it...

http://solomonsseal.wordpress.com/20...solomons-seal/

L.A. Chieffan 11-27-2012 12:10 AM

use Swype bro, best thing ever

Simply Red 11-27-2012 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 9155769)
use Swype bro, best thing ever

Nobody uses Swype anymore.

Hammock Parties 11-27-2012 12:15 AM

white whine.com

bowener 11-27-2012 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9155777)
white whine.com

This needs to be posted as soon as possible.

TinyEvel 11-27-2012 12:44 AM

LOL yeah I guess this sounds kinda douchey but I think Simply Red is on my side. Dane, testify?

Really just posted because I bet a lot of people have it and go to doctors who dick around with tests and crap and lengthy guessing around. I was really surprised how easily it unfolded this is what I have. I was preparing for long bouts of tests/surgery, etc.

Simply Red 11-27-2012 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 9155840)
LOL yeah I guess this sounds kinda douchey but I think Simply Red is on my side. Dane, testify?

Really just posted because I bet a lot of people have it and go to doctors who dick around with tests and crap and lengthy guessing around. I was really surprised how easily it unfolded this is what I have. I was preparing for long bouts of tests/surgery, etc.

Well I have it on my pointer finger knuckle. I thought i was getting the arthritis.

bowener 11-27-2012 10:20 AM

Between smart phones and video game controllers, the current youth of America are going to be some crippled ass geriatrics someday.

KurtCobain 11-27-2012 10:23 AM

I think I have it, but its in the early stages.

Deberg_1990 11-27-2012 10:41 AM

Let Siri handle yout texting. Voice recognition.

tooge 11-27-2012 10:48 AM

Stick your thumb up your wifes/girlfriends ass and have her sit on it three or four times a day. You will be good in no time. If you dont have a wife/girlfriend, stick your thumb up your own ass. Better yet, get a wife/girlfriend.

bevischief 11-27-2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9156437)
Stick your thumb up your wifes/girlfriends ass and have her sit on it three or four times a day. You will be good in no time. If you dont have a wife/girlfriend, stick your thumb up your own ass. Better yet, get a wife/girlfriend.

Or a dog...

BlackHelicopters 11-27-2012 11:39 AM

De Quervain's Tendonitis.

Had this and was treated successfully about 8 years ago. Neighbor was an orthopedic surgeon. Went to his office one evening, and he injected me. Cured. Only problem was he didn't kiss me before the injection of steroids and lidocaine. The pain was..........exquisite.

Fire Me Boy! 11-27-2012 11:44 AM

#firstworldproblems

Ace Gunner 11-27-2012 11:45 AM

pee on it -- it'll be fine.