ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Do Target workers deserve a shortened Black Friday? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266718)

The Franchise 11-17-2012 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9124988)
That's not Black Friday. That's Thanksgiving Thursday. Guess it comes down to semantics. I think retail workers should not be forced to work on Thanksgiving. If they are given an option to have the day off with no penalty, I am cool.

I know it's not Black Friday.....but the stores are still technically calling it Black Friday.

tk13 11-17-2012 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9124985)
I'm pretty sure that Target wants to lengthen it's BF hours so that it starts earlier....on Thanksgiving day.

Both Wal-Mart and Target moved the "Black Friday" sales to Thanksgiving evening this year, if I'm not mistaken.

R8RFAN 11-17-2012 12:10 PM

Both of them don't have shit that interests me except an occasional gun

|Zach| 11-17-2012 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9124988)
That's not Black Friday. That's Thanksgiving Thursday. Guess it comes down to semantics. I think retail workers should not be forced to work on Thanksgiving. If they are given an option to have the day off with no penalty, I am cool.

Nobody is ever forced to work. Unless serious laws are being broken.

bevischief 11-17-2012 12:10 PM

If you can make money from the a******* that want to get up at the butt a** crack of dawn who cares. I have shopped on black Friday but I never got up before 6am and still have gotten everything I wanted.

R8RFAN 11-17-2012 12:12 PM

BF is as stupid as people standing in line for an Iphone

Psyko Tek 11-17-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okoye35chiefs (Post 9124946)
when money is unmportant again NO STORE WOULD BE OPEN ON THANKSGIVING

FYP

tk13 11-17-2012 12:12 PM

You guys aren't understanding this. The "Black Friday" sales aren't happening at the butt crack of dawn this year. I think that's their complaint. The Black Friday madness is taking places at like 8 or 9 PM on Thanksgiving night this year. I'm guessing the store has to be pretty much fully staffed through the day to prepare for the madness that night.

mr. tegu 11-17-2012 12:12 PM

You don't see movie theater workers throwing fits or people saying they shouldn't work holidays. I am sure Target would prefer to not be open as would many stores but they can't do that if they want to compete.

At least target gave them an extra hour and are opening at 9 instead of 8. Nobody is eating dinner at 9 pm.

bevischief 11-17-2012 12:15 PM

You took the job.

mr. tegu 11-17-2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9125001)
You guys aren't understanding this. The "Black Friday" sales aren't happening at the butt crack of dawn this year. I think that's their complaint. The Black Friday madness is taking places at like 8 or 9 PM on Thanksgiving night this year. I'm guessing the store has to be pretty much fully staffed through the day to prepare for the madness that night.

Most stores still have the black Friday doorbusters starting at 4 am or so. They have separate sales for Thanksgiving that aren't as much the limited quantity variety.

Scott Pilgrim 11-17-2012 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9125002)
You don't see movie theater workers throwing fits or people saying they shouldn't work holidays. I am sure Target would prefer to not be open as would many stores but they can't do that if they want to compete.

At least target gave them an extra hour and are opening at 9 instead of 8. Nobody is eating dinner at 9 pm.

As a movie theater employee this makes me laugh. I have to go into work at 5pm just have to deal with it

bevischief 11-17-2012 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9125001)

They took the job. Work or quit. I have worked several holidays thru the years and have been on call. If your company doesn't make money you don't either.

Buck 11-17-2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9124994)
Nobody is ever forced to work. Unless serious laws are being broken.

You must have missed the part where I said if they are given the option to not work without penalty.

Stanley Nickels 11-17-2012 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9124976)
Hospitals should all be closed too.

Right, because people who agree to working ALL Holidays by choosing that profession, and who are paid more as a result, are the same as retail employees who had previously never been required to work those same holidays. Spot on.