ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink -- Review & Rate your next or previous meal in here. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306903)

Simply Red 04-01-2017 02:42 PM

-- Review & Rate your next or previous meal in here.

Hello ChiefsPlanet,

Please review either your next or previous meal in here. Also rate from 1 -> 10 (best) Let's keep them about a long paragraph or two. I'll be glad to start.

Culver's double butter burger (cheese) + everything:

Georgia recently got a location - well a few locations. As it turns out; one is near me. I've had it three times (if you include today.) I find it a decent value. I have to admit that originally i thought they were infusing their meat with butter, but it's only the bun that's brushed with butter. Again I had the double + cheese. i think it was around $5.40ish. I also got a nice size iced water for free. The burger in and of itself is borderline too rich for my tastes. That being said it's practically delicious once you get into glutton form. It's worth the wait as they're made fresh upon the order placement.. The burger is pretty heavy in weight. The meat is seared nicely - the cheese isn't too weird and has a fair melt. bun is simple (as it should be) all veggies had a nice portion-ratio chemistry (or something) and were fresh and crisp. I'd recommend Culver's a few times a year for the burger fan. My only true gripe was it was a tad too rich - I'll give them 8.5/10...

I'd like to hear your rating of your prior or upcoming meal today or soon! :clap:

Coochie liquor 04-01-2017 03:08 PM

Going to Ruth's Chris for dinner. Only my second time going there ever. Will report back later. Btw, I do love me some Culver's. They've got bomb cheese curds also, and their chocolate frozen custard is bueno!!

Hammock Parties 04-01-2017 03:10 PM

Four fried eggs.

Seasoned with pepper and cooked perfectly by myself. No butter or oil, I like to keep it healthy. Nice runny yolk. Went down smooth. Will eat again tomorrow. Total cost, about 35 cents. Excellent value.

Simply Red 04-01-2017 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 12805631)
Going to Ruth's Chris for dinner. Only my second time going there ever. Will report back later. Btw, I do love me some Culver's. They've got bomb cheese curds also, and their chocolate frozen custard is bueno!!

You know I've never been there, I don't think.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASS11 (Post 12805635)
Four fried eggs.

Seasoned with pepper and cooked perfectly by myself. No butter or oil, I like to keep it healthy. Nice runny yolk. Went down smooth. Will eat again tomorrow. Total cost, about 35 cents. Excellent value.

that works! :)

Buzz 04-01-2017 03:23 PM

On the way home from work yesterday, I stopped by Church's chicken as I had a coupon for 8 pieces of legs and thighs for $5.99. When they rang it up I got it for $5 bucks, $5.39 with Tax. I had that for dinner with the left over biscuits from the night before.

The chicken was okay, for the price I will give it a solid 7.

Simply Red 04-01-2017 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz (Post 12805649)
On the way home from work yesterday, I stopped by Church's chicken as I had a coupon for 8 pieces of legs and thighs for $5.99. When they rang it up I got it for $5 bucks, $5.39 with Tax. I had that for dinner with the left over biscuits from the night before.

The chicken was okay, for the price I will give it a solid 7.

yeah I do like Church's

Simply Red 04-01-2017 03:29 PM

The only gripe with Church's is that the one in my wheelhouse has pissed off employees running it - and they're constantly closing early or may just 'randomly' close one day. But if they're open, they're not that friendly.

listopencil 04-01-2017 03:39 PM

Stopped by 7/11 on the way home from work. They had cheeseburgers and spicy chicken sandwiches under the heat lamp. I was really tempted by the dollar-a-slice pepperoni pizza as it had grown a really nice crust on top but I went with one of each sandwich and a refill (acai flavored vitamin water) of my huge plastic cup. I hurried home and realized that I made a mistake by skipping the condiment section. You have to pay first so you can kind of hang out near the condiments after paying and steal chili and nacho cheese sauce from the hot dog section when they're not looking. Oh well. My loss. So I got home and went with mustard and jalapeno slices on both. I paired that with a bag of Doritos and some 'dip' I had in the fridge: I'll grab a 32 ounce container of cottage cheese and remove about 1/5 of it. Then I pour in a 10 ounce jar of Vlasic dill relish and stir. You can eat it immediately or leave it in the fridge overnight. I don't think it actually makes any difference. Mmmmmm. Fine dining. I'm going to rate it a 10/10 because I didn't really give a shit what I ate at that point. I was just really hungry. So it was perfect.

DaFace 04-01-2017 03:41 PM

Maryland Eggs Benedict (smashed tater tots, crab cake, poached eggs, and hollandaise sauce) with an arugula side salad (balsamic dressing) and a bloody Mary from a place called Syrup in Denver.

Overall, very solid brunch. They smash their tater tots before they fry them, which kind of turns them into more of a hybrid tater tot/hash brown. The crab cakes were tasty, and the eggs were poached well. My only complaint was that there wasn't really that much hollandaise sauce, so it was a little on the dry side.

The bloody Mary was good, but they kind of oversold it as the "ultimate" bloody Mary. It had a skewer of pepper jack cheese, an olive, a pepperoncini, and some sort of ham, but the drink itself felt a little watered down to me. It also had a seasoned salt rim, which was nice, but the skewer made it hard to drink from the glass without poking your eye out, and they even serve it with a straw.

But I'm a sucker for brunch, so I still give it an 8/10.

Simply Red 04-01-2017 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 12805660)
Stopped by 7/11 on the way home from work. They had cheeseburgers and spicy chicken sandwiches under the heat lamp. I was really tempted by the dollar-a-slice pepperoni pizza as it had grown a really nice crust on top but I went with one of each sandwich and a refill (acai flavored vitamin water) of my huge plastic cup. I hurried home and realized that I made a mistake by skipping the condiment section. You have to pay first so you can kind of hang out near the condiments after paying and steal chili and nacho cheese sauce from the hot dog section when they're not looking. Oh well. My loss. So I got home and went with mustard and jalapeno slices on both. I paired that with a bag of Doritos and some 'dip' I had in the fridge: I'll grab a 32 ounce container of cottage cheese and remove about 1/5 of it. Then I pour in a 10 ounce jar of Vlasic dill relish and stir. You can eat it immediately or leave it in the fridge overnight. I don't think it actually makes any difference. Mmmmmm. Fine dining. I'm going to rate it a 10/10 because I didn't really give a shit what I ate at that point. I was just really hungry. So it was perfect.

http://i65.tinypic.com/294t28h.gif

Simply Red 04-01-2017 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 12805661)
Maryland Eggs Benedict (smashed tater tots, crab cake, poached eggs, and hollandaise sauce) with an arugula side salad (balsamic dressing) and a bloody Mary from a place called Syrup in Denver.

Overall, very solid brunch. They smash their tater tots before they fry them, which kind of turns them into more of a hybrid tater tot/hash brown. The crab cakes were tasty, and the eggs were poached well. My only complaint was that there wasn't really that much hollandaise sauce, so it was a little on the dry side.

The bloody Mary was good, but they kind of oversold it as the "ultimate" bloody Mary. It had a skewer of pepper jack cheese, an olive, a pepperoncini, and some sort of ham, but the drink itself felt a little watered down to me. It also had a seasoned salt rim, which was nice, but the skewer made it hard to drink from the glass without poking your eye out, and they even serve it with a straw.

But I'm a sucker for brunch, so I still give it an 8/10.

Oh that does sound good!

listopencil 04-01-2017 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 12805663)

http://images1.tickld.com/live/artic...3fa66d4842.gif

Pueblo Chieftan 04-01-2017 03:55 PM

Had steak Diane prepared table side by the server. Perfection.

Bowser 04-01-2017 03:55 PM

Rotisserie chicken and green bean casserole from HyVee. I rate it a solid "meh".

Rain Man 04-01-2017 04:33 PM

I just had a very tasty turkey sandwich. I got some turkey at the grocery store and some wheat bread, and I put the turkey on the bread. I also had chocolate milk that was very good.