ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs San Fran Trade is Perfect (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=299590)

NIUhuskies 04-29-2016 05:28 PM

Wow. Well Jack or Alexander will be there for us now. We better get one of them! Really wants Myles Jack!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NIUhuskies 04-29-2016 05:32 PM

Jags traded up two spots for Jack bc they must have known the Chiefs were gonna take him. Unreal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ming the Merciless 04-29-2016 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 12202775)
On CP, the right move is always to trade up

Except when we have the 1.1

Then the right move is drafting corn fed and switching him back and forth Lt - rt

New World Order 04-29-2016 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 12205137)
Except when we have the 1.1

Then the right move is drafting corn fed and switching him back and forth Lt - rt

LMAO

Ming the Merciless 04-29-2016 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by temper11 (Post 12204281)
I think people are just too tied to the round. We only gave up 9 spots. If it is true that this draft is deeper than most, than giving up 9 spots to gain a shit ton of spots and an additional pick seems like solid logic. There isn't a rule that says starters have to be found in the 1st round only. It's 9 picks... in a deep draft. Let's wait and see.

It's not a rule, but it's a statistical probability that's had years of proof

TEX 04-29-2016 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by temper11 (Post 12204281)
I think people are just too tied to the round. We only gave up 9 spots. If it is true that this draft is deeper than most, than giving up 9 spots to gain a shit ton of spots and an additional pick seems like solid logic. There isn't a rule that says starters have to be found in the 1st round only. It's 9 picks... in a deep draft. Let's wait and see.

I think this went down the way it did b/c the Chiefs board got BLOWN UP shortly before they picked. So, trading back represented the best option, in Dorsey's eyes, at the time. It was a reaction move all the way hoping to make the best of a suddenly ****ed up situation.

Rausch 05-02-2016 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 12205235)
I think this went down the way it did b/c the Chiefs board got BLOWN UP shortly before they picked. So, trading back represented the best option, in Dorsey's eyes, at the time. It was a reaction move all the way hoping to make the best of a suddenly ****ed up situation.

Looking back after the whole draft is over I still think this was the right move.

It gave us two 2nd round picks and more, and at that time plenty of Day-1-starter talent was on the board.

I might not agree with what he did with those 2nd round picks but trading down was the right move...