ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones *Spoiler* Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257986)

Pasta Little Brioni 04-16-2013 09:56 PM

The whole Reek storyline is awesome.

mcaj22 04-16-2013 10:39 PM

will the Reek storyline make it to television

i assume no right?

Setsuna 04-17-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9594558)
will the Reek storyline make it to television

i assume no right?

Since Theon was about to get butt raped, then yes it will.

Hawk 04-17-2013 12:56 PM

Not only will it make it to TV (already started to), but we'll see alot more of the whole Reek story line on the show than we did in the books. How different it might be remains to be seen, but HBO will not be afraid to show poor Theon being Reekified.

Bowser 04-21-2013 10:06 PM

Well, that was gratifying to see, even if it did feel like the storytelling took a quantum leap forward.

Totally forgot about Mormont at Crastor's place.

Nirvana58 04-21-2013 10:09 PM

Prolly the best episode of the season. Even though there are some distinct differences they still stay pretty loyal to the books main storyline. I love this show.

Bowser 04-21-2013 10:10 PM

Tywin stomping on Cersei was nice, too.

Nirvana58 04-21-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9613141)
Tywin stomping on Cersei was nice, too.

The army scene with the dragons flying overhead gave me chills. This show is just getting better and better. This is the best show on tv right now.

arrowheadnation 04-21-2013 10:30 PM

so I read the synopsis of this season's book and all I can say is HOLYYYYYYY SHIT! So a shitload of people are going to die? I wonder where they will leave off this season? Also...does it appear that we're looking at 8 seasons of the tv show? Two seasons for the current book and one each for the rest?

buddha 04-21-2013 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nirvana58 (Post 9613157)
The army scene with the dragons flying overhead gave me chills. This show is just getting better and better. This is the best show on tv right now.

I don't think it's even close. GoT has hit its stride at this point...it's like seeing a great 800 meter runner in action.

Hawk 04-22-2013 09:13 AM

It will be hard to top that Dany scene, it was awesome! Glad they did justice to one of my favorite scenes from book 3.

Unfotunately, two of my absolute favorite moments in book 3 don't seem to be in the works, so I will be pleasantly surprised if the show manages to pull them off somehow.

The first is Strong Belwas fighting the lone taunter before Dany takes the next city. They may have Jorah do it I guess...or Selmy. Won't be the same, but could suffice if they do it right.

The other one is when Arya kills the tickler and stabs him over and over again yelling "Is there gold in the village? Is there silver in the village?" to get back at him for questioning and torturing all those people. I was NOT HAPPY when they killed off the tickler last season because I really wanted that scene on the show. Not sure it can have the same impact if it is anyone else that she kills, but we'll see if the show tries to do something similar even though the tickler is already dead.

MagicHef 04-22-2013 11:00 AM

So, Sansa going to the Eyrie got sniffed out beforehand? Is this storyline going to change? Her pretending to be Baelish's daughter doesn't really work if anyone knows she's there.

allen_kcCard 04-22-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9614048)
So, Sansa going to the Eyrie got sniffed out beforehand? Is this storyline going to change? Her pretending to be Baelish's daughter doesn't really work if anyone knows she's there.

I think it is still on track. They whole marriage thing to Loras will start building and she will skip on going with Baelish, but then Tywin will catch wind of it and quash it with a fast marriage to Tyrion. Then once the whole Tyrion vs. Tywin thing goes down her drunk knight guy will get her out to spirit her to the Eyrie to join Littlefinger as his daughter. Isn't that about how it went in the book?

Hawk 04-22-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen_kcCard (Post 9614060)
I think it is still on track. They whole marriage thing to Loras will start building and she will skip on going with Baelish, but then Tywin will catch wind of it and quash it with a fast marriage to Tyrion. Then once the whole Tyrion vs. Tywin thing goes down her drunk knight guy will get her out to spirit her to the Eyrie to join Littlefinger as his daughter. Isn't that about how it went in the book?

Yeah, something similar to this will happen I think. Part of the greatness of Littlefinger is his ability to react and adapt to chaos and changing situations in ways that benefit him or his agenda. In the books they didn't reveal that Littlefinger was the one behind Dontos until Sansa gets to the boat. I think on the show she will pass on going with Littlefinger so she can marry Loras, then will get slapped backed to reality with a quick marriage to Tyrion. Littlefinger will then set up the whole thing to frame Tyrion and use Dontos to get Sansa out. Non-readers will be shocked when they find out Littlefinger is behind the Dontos rescue. I have to think that Dontos will come into the story given that they made a point of showing the scene where Sansa saves Dontos from Joffrey. They showed that for a reason would be my guess.

MagicHef 04-22-2013 12:01 PM

Why would they introduce this whole storyline about Varys et al discovering Littlefinger's plan then? It's taken a lot of screen time for exactly zero benefit, if the story continues as you say. Not to mention that when Sansa is suddenly missing, no one will think to check if Littlefinger has her, since they know he wants to take her?