ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Official: Andy Reid Signs His Contract (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268503)

Gravedigger 01-04-2013 10:58 PM

Apparently Tom Heckert cancelled his GM interview with the Jets. Wonder if that says anything...

BigRedChief 01-04-2013 10:59 PM

Radio guy telling me they are waiting on the GM/Player personnel decision to be made this weekend. They can just have one big presser. What's your guy say Bad Guy?

The Bad Guy 01-04-2013 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9283734)
Just what the radio guy emailed me. Take it for what its worth. I still don't trust the guy. If your information is from the guy you know personally...... I'd believe that.

Yeah, that's what I was told early last night. Reid's contract holdup was haggling over length of deal (Reid won out) and Clark at first trying to negotiate a buyout with Pioli, and then firing him late last night when lawyers cautioned him that he'd have a lot of issues if he tried to pass through Reid's contract while Pioli was still on the books.

BigRedChief 01-04-2013 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 9283750)
Apparently Tom Heckert cancelled his GM interview with the Jets. Wonder if that says anything...

Heckert and Dorsey are both interviewing with the Jets?

The Bad Guy 01-04-2013 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9283754)
Radio guy telling me they are waiting on the GM/Player personnel decision to be made this weekend. They can just have one big presser. What's your guy say Bad Guy?

I think they just have to negotiate the contracts.

I do agree that it'll be a one shot presser. Won't be multiple ones.

The Bad Guy 01-04-2013 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9283776)
Heckert and Dorsey are both interviewing with the Jets?

Dorsey was supposed to interview today. Didn't happen from my buddy who is a Jets beat writer. They interviewed Caldwell from the Falcons today.

Tombstone RJ 01-04-2013 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by REDHOTGTO (Post 9282500)
unbelvieable i cant believe clark really went out and got the best canidate available !
no bargain basement leftover washed out half baked asst. coach this time !
i think this is the best move for this team he could make , i wish it was september now so we could get started !

lol

KChiefsQT 01-04-2013 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9283589)
I just want to remind everyone that almost everyone was just about as excited when the Chiefs signed Pioli as they are now.

True story! I'm just glad Fat Albert was canned along with piece of s Pioli! I'm giving Reid a fair chance but I'm not overly jumping up and down thrilled until he proves something in KC!

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 01-04-2013 11:13 PM

Save Our Chiefs Gives Stamp of Approval Will Not Disband

Mother****erJones 01-04-2013 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9283780)
I think they just have to negotiate the contracts.

I do agree that it'll be a one shot presser. Won't be multiple ones.

Contracts of Dorsey and Heckert?

BigRedChief 01-04-2013 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty Mac Ver 2.0 (Post 9283832)

Didn't you guys say you would fold the tent at the end of the year?

I don't think you should just asking.

ChiefMojo 01-04-2013 11:30 PM

I know everyone is waiting on Rivera and his meeting with Richardson tomorrow to determine if he will be a option to be the DC soon but a name being thrown around a lot today that is a very strong possibility to be the DC is Monte Kiffin.

Remember Kiffin just left his sons staff at USC and the prevailing feeling is he wants one last shot in the NFL before he retires. Last time Reid had great defenses is when he had another old coordinator calling the shots in Johnson. My only question with Kiffin is isn't he a master mind of a the Tampa 2? I know we ran it under Herm but would we go back to that?

houstonwhodat 01-04-2013 11:35 PM

Cassel gets cut on Tuesday.

beach tribe 01-04-2013 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9283589)
I just want to remind everyone that almost everyone was just about as excited when the Chiefs signed Pioli as they are now.

Was just thinking this.
Also thinking about how this is the second time in a row that Clark has landed what was considered to be the Top guy available for the position that he was trying to fill.
He obviously does not **** around when it comes to hiring the guy that he wants running his franchise.
Thank You Clark. I'm very happy to have you as an owner.
You have proven that you will do what is necessary to turn this team into a winner.

Mother****erJones 01-04-2013 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9283901)
Cassel gets cut on Tuesday.

:clap: Hope so