ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU Kansas and Mizzouri set to renew college basketball rivalry? - Possibly this weekend (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=310773)

bdj23 10-12-2017 02:22 PM

Seems like an odd thing to do. An exhibition game between two fanbases that loathe each other for a humanitarian effort.

Sure to sell tickets though, so what do i know?

Pasta Little Brioni 10-12-2017 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 13144769)
Why would KU do this? It only benefits KU if they get a football game too. KU gets no benefit from basketball, but some benefit if they schedule football. Self has said he would never play MU.

My guess to what happening is Missouri is offering publicly to play exhibition and proceeds go to hurricane relief so that if KU refuses, they can say KU is against helping those effected by hurricane. Scummy ploy, IMO.

This is bambi level dumbness

TribalElder 10-12-2017 02:30 PM

They waited too long but I guess it's better than never

eDave 10-12-2017 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 13144769)
Why would KU do this? It only benefits KU if they get a football game too. KU gets no benefit from basketball, but some benefit if they schedule football. Self has said he would never play MU.

My guess to what happening is Missouri is offering publicly to play exhibition and proceeds go to hurricane relief so that if KU refuses, they can say KU is against helping those effected by hurricane. Scummy ploy, IMO.

LOL

BWillie 10-12-2017 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 13144863)
This is bambi level dumbness

Why? Self has repeatedly gone out of his way to indicate he will NEVER play Missouri in basketball while he is there. I personally am one of the very few KU fans who want to play MU, but only if it is basketball and football. And I want to do it when it counts, in the regular season.

My guess is this will be an alumni game instead of ONLY KU current players etc. Maybe Bill has had a change of heart, but he doesn't seem like the type of guy for that. Like Missouri leaving legitimately pissed him off.

TribalElder 10-12-2017 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 13144936)
Why? Self has repeatedly gone out of his way to indicate he will NEVER play Missouri in basketball while he is there. I personally am one of the very few KU fans who want to play MU, but only if it is basketball and football. And I want to do it when it counts, in the regular season.

My guess is this will be an alumni game instead of ONLY KU current players etc. Maybe Bill has had a change of part, but he doesn't seem like the type of guy for that. Like Missouri leaving legitimately pissed him off.

It's not a real game though?

seclark 10-12-2017 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 13144855)
YES! Looking forward to reading some fresh KU/MU back and forth! /no one

ROFL

TribalElder 10-12-2017 02:56 PM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-9547TUY_kV...600/fight2.jpg

The rivalry is back!

Pitt Gorilla 10-12-2017 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 13144936)

My guess is this will be an alumni game instead of ONLY KU current players etc. Maybe Bill has had a change of heart, but he doesn't seem like the type of guy for that. Like Missouri leaving legitimately pissed him off.

I honestly don't care if MU and KU play, but Bill should probably stop being such an emotional bitch regarding MU leaving for the SEC. Perhaps this is a sign that he's maturing a bit.

BWillie 10-12-2017 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 13144974)
I honestly don't care if MU and KU play, but Bill should probably stop being such an emotional bitch regarding MU leaving for the SEC. Perhaps this is a sign that he's maturing a bit.

He is mad at how they left, not that they left. If they would have been up front about it like Texas A&M & Nebraska, he wouldn't care.

Chiefspants 10-12-2017 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 13144974)

He's been softening his position for a while. Just a couple of years back he said the Big 12 wasn't the same without Mizzzzou.

I miss the rivalry. Nothing compared to Lawrence/AFH during a Mizzou game.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-12-2017 03:06 PM

Burrito still bitches out on playing the Shockers. Nothing to do with the move.

gblowfish 10-12-2017 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 13144978)
He's been softening his position for a while. Just a couple of years back he said the Big 12 wasn't the same without Mizzzzou.

I miss the rivalry. Nothing compared to Lawrence/AFH during a Mizzou game.

You're spelling Mizzzzou wrong. There's six z's not four.

Kiimo 10-12-2017 05:33 PM

oh sure Self was the bitch in this situation. Not then entire University of Missouri.

Titty Meat 10-12-2017 06:37 PM

Fake news