ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs KC Offensive Identity (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285699)

Chiefnj2 08-15-2014 08:08 AM

KC Offensive Identity

http://www.fantasyguru.com/football/...identities.php

The author created a "chart with an overall summary of each team’s run-pass mix, how often it gave its primary runner the ball, what positions get its pass targets, and how often the RB1 and WR1 are targeted. Simply put, this tells us what the offenses looked like last year."

Look at the targets and % of time KC passed to RB's compared to the rest of the league. Nobody is even close to KC. It helps explain why DAT has been placed at RB and Ried/Dorsey didn't think it necessary to upgrade the WRs.

Reerun_KC 08-15-2014 08:09 AM

Reids west coast offense is very TE/RB heavy in the passing game...

No surprise here...

BossChief 08-15-2014 08:11 AM

The passes to the RBs and TEs are designed to set up the long ball...that's why they also focus on elite speed at all the WR spots.

Alex Smith will have his chances to EARN his big payday this year.

Reerun_KC 08-15-2014 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 10820054)
The passes to the RBs and TEs are designed to set up the long ball...that's why they also focus on elite speed at all the WR spots.

Alex Smith will have his chances to EARN his big payday this year.

Can you imagine the shitfest we would have to endure during Montanas hey day if that team were the chiefs...

He would have been ripped to shreds with the PFF stat quoting experts here...

Marcellus 08-15-2014 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 10820066)
Can you imagine the shitfest we would have to endure during Montanas hey day if that team were the chiefs...

He would have been ripped to shreds with the PFF stat quoting experts here...

What I find interesting is this places obsession with stats that have no correlation to winning games. 5 of the top 10 passers in yardage last year didn't even make it the playoffs.

I will say it was fun watching our offense when Green was killing it. 2003 was one of the funnest years of football watching I have ever had.

Chicks dig the long ball, and so does CP. Bunch of damn women here I guess.

htismaqe 08-15-2014 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10820080)
What I find interesting is this places obsession with stats that have no correlation to winning games. 5 of the top 10 passers in yardage last year didn't even make it the playoffs.

I will say it was fun watching our offense when Green was killing it. 2003 was one of the funnest years of football watching I have ever had.

Chicks dig the long ball, and so does CP. Bunch of damn women here I guess.

Green didn't throw the long ball all that often.

In fact, in 2003 Green only had 74 attempts beyond 30 yards. Compare that to Alex Smith last year, who had 97.

This offense isn't really built all the different than those teams, with the glaring exception of the offensive line.

Hog's Gone Fishin 08-15-2014 08:47 AM

I think it's good that we're different from the rest of the league. This formula should put us in the SB.

Reerun_KC 08-15-2014 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 10820113)
I think it's good that we're different from the rest of the league. This formula should put us in the SB.

Well all the blame goes to Reid and his version of the WC offense.

He wanted Smith and he wants to run his offense, not some CP cluster **** offense.

Mr. Laz 08-15-2014 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 10820048)
http://www.fantasyguru.com/football/...identities.php

The author created a "chart with an overall summary of each team’s run-pass mix, how often it gave its primary runner the ball, what positions get its pass targets, and how often the RB1 and WR1 are targeted. Simply put, this tells us what the offenses looked like last year."

Look at the targets and % of time KC passed to RB's compared to the rest of the league. Nobody is even close to KC. It helps explain why DAT has been placed at RB and Ried/Dorsey didn't think it necessary to upgrade the WRs.

If WRs don't matter then why did we give Bowe a 15 billion dollar salary?

Marcellus 08-15-2014 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10820103)
Green didn't throw the long ball all that often.

In fact, in 2003 Green only had 74 attempts beyond 30 yards. Compare that to Alex Smith last year, who had 97.

This offense isn't really built all the different than those teams, with the glaring exception of the offensive line.

I don't remember people complaining about Green not throwing it down field enough.:hmmm:

Discuss Thrower 08-15-2014 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10820267)
I don't remember people complaining about Green not throwing it down field enough.:hmmm:

Had Priest Holmes working behind a great line why press downfield

Chiefnj2 08-15-2014 10:08 AM

Quote:

Finishing top 5 in points scored each year probably had something to do with it.

Marcellus 08-15-2014 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 10820277)

Jamaal Charles regularly kills it just like Priest, though he isn't the TD machine Priest was.

Reerun_KC 08-15-2014 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 10820277)

Strange we have JC behind not so good lines, Why press downfield?

htismaqe 08-15-2014 10:13 AM

Quote:

They were too busy bitching about the defense. :D