ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Eric Fisher sucked against Denver. Proof inside! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=286616)

jd1020 09-16-2014 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10921173)
Dont get why everyone always focuses on Geno. EJ was the first QB taken.

What does EJ being the first QB taken have anything to do with the answer to the question?

Deberg_1990 09-16-2014 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 10921179)
What does EJ being the first QB taken have anything to do with the answer to the question?

Because technically he was the guy the Chiefs passed on.

jd1020 09-16-2014 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10921184)
Because technically he was the guy the Chiefs passed on.

Ummm, dumb.

They passed on Geno just as much as they passed on EJ.

Deberg_1990 09-16-2014 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Zarth (Post 10921177)
I liked Geno better then and now.

Congrats. Hes got a nice arm, but thats about it. I dont see anything else special about him. Middling talent.

Halfcan 09-16-2014 05:29 PM

WTF were the Chiefs thinking when they drafted this guy? I mean seriously. Worst pick in the history of the Chiefs. He should be on the bench right now-but we have nobody else.

When you look back at what this team has done in the first round - it makes sense why they have sucked for so long.

Hammock Parties 09-16-2014 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10921191)
Congrats. Hes got a nice arm, but thats about it. I dont see anything else special about him. Middling talent.

He's also extremely mobile and smart. Does a lot of film study and preparation.

Just look at this throw:

http://i.imgur.com/KVqP9TF.gif

KC native 09-16-2014 05:31 PM

Excellent thread good sir.

suzzer99 09-16-2014 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Zarth (Post 10920983)
Look at the still. Fisher is softly caressing the DT from behind. What the ****?

http://i.imgur.com/84pjcAJ.jpg

Clearly you don't recognize a well-executed spoon-block when you see one.

chiefzilla1501 09-16-2014 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Zarth (Post 10920983)
Run blocking:

The thing that stood out to me the most is how ****ing terrible McGlynn is. The first play, he moves like a ****ing turtle in a tarpit and Fisher has to wedge his way underneath. In many of those gifs, you have Fisher sealing his man and then the cutback lane getting completely taken away because another lineman shit his pants, then blaming Fisher for not sealing a block that looks outside his assignment. In other cases, you blame Fisher for not holding a block for 10 when the assignment may have been to block the person out of the play. I mean seriously, we're criticizing a block in the end zone and the guy jumping into the pile an eternity later?

There's some bad blocks in there. But in many cases we have no idea what the cutback lane is, where the run assignment was, what was Fisher's specific assignment. What I see consistently on every single play is McGlynn playing shitty on almost every snap.

Hammock Parties 09-16-2014 05:34 PM

You have to isolate Fisher, sorry. Who cares what the result of the play was.

Fisher moves to engage players and they disengage almost immediately. It's shameful.

L.A. Chieffan 09-16-2014 05:34 PM

Out of all those gifs i only saw two or three that were clear f ups. Fisher had a good game.

LACF rating +4.5

chiefzilla1501 09-16-2014 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Zarth (Post 10921207)
You have to isolate Fisher, sorry. Who cares what the result of the play was.

Fisher moves to engage players and they disengage almost immediately. It's shameful.

You think that every run design for Fisher was to drive block his guy to the ground? Or that on every pass rush, his job is to engage and block the inside rush vs. driving a guy to the outside? There are plenty of blocks in that sequence where he does well enough. Again, you're blaming in several instances where Davis looks like he's choosing a different cutback lane because McGlynn consistently ****s his block up. Other instances where by design his job is to quickly get the guy out of the play.

In pass pro, we've already mentioned that in many cases he seems to show lazy effort with his arms. You've already acknowledged that most of his problems came later in the game. Again, it's important to note the difference between complete lack of talent vs. fixable technique vs. fatigue. There's a blend of those, a blend of plenty of blocks in that sequence where you're being overly critical or misjudging what he's supposed to do on that play, and yes, there are several where the block is just plain bad.

Hammock Parties 09-16-2014 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 10921216)
You think that every run design for Fisher was to drive block his guy to the ground? Or that on every pass rush, his job is to engage and block the inside rush vs. driving a guy to the outside? There are plenty of blocks in that sequence where he does well enough. Again, you're blaming in several instances where Davis looks like he's choosing a different cutback lane because McGlynn consistently ****s his block up. Other instances where by design his job is to quickly get the guy out of the play.

I'm sure it was his job to end up on the ground, get ****ing body slammed or be driven three yards into the backfield.

Come on, man.

RunKC 09-16-2014 05:46 PM

Where the **** do you get the coaches tape? Do you torrent it?

L.A. Chieffan 09-16-2014 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10921045)
Fisher gets picked up and slammed to the ground. Regardless of what impact that had on the play, that's a major ****up that only happens if you have poor technique, balance, and strength.

http://i.imgur.com/PLz5WPt.gif

He took his man out of the play. Nice work FIsh