ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs *****OFFICIAL Draft Geno Smith Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269031)

Hammock Parties 02-02-2013 05:43 PM

It's amazing people are bleeding out about the Chiefs distancing themselves from a 1st round QB.

It couldn't be more obvious what they're trying to do. If they come out and commit to a QB they just shaft themselves in contract negotiations.

Likely the contract will be agreed to before the draft even takes place, right?

the Talking Can 02-02-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9373207)
It's amazing people are bleeding out about the Chiefs distancing themselves from a 1st round QB.

It couldn't be more obvious what they're trying to do. If they come out and commit to a QB they just shaft themselves in contract negotiations.

?

i thought contracts were basically slotted in the new cba...

SAUTO 02-02-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9373184)
is that a joke?

i can't tell anymore, this thread has been trolled to death and back again

Serious
Posted via Mobile Device

the Talking Can 02-02-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9373325)
Serious
Posted via Mobile Device

yikes...read, please...

he's the latest in a list of a 100 butt hurt douches to enter a thread of their own free will while pretending to be a martyr, and making the false, and stupid, claim that no critiques Smith...

jesus, we had a 300 post thread not 5 days ago which broke Smith and other QBs down in detail...nary a word of complaint....and douche twitter had nothing to say about it

for **** sake Smith critiqued himself in an interview and it was discussed in multiple threads with not single complaint

Smith has been critiqued in this thread repeatedly...but it's hidden underneath the 5000 troll posts...

the whole premise of the complaint is just sad...douche twitter is sad

I guess I could troll the Wilson thread and complain about being a martyr and cry through my anus because people are -gasp- discussing a QB...but why? what would make someone that kind of pathetic asshole?

PriestMVP31 02-02-2013 08:34 PM

Interesting completion percentage numbers here.

http://secondroundstats.com/2013/02/...ics-breakdown/

Even with all the manipulation of the numbers, taking away drops, weighing each zone the same for every QB (1-4, 11-20, etc), Geno still has the best completion percentage. He really excels in the 5-20 range. Surprising to see Glennon's numbers that high. His receivers must have really sucked.

Mr_Tomahawk 02-02-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PriestMVP31 (Post 9373473)
Interesting completion percentage numbers here.

http://secondroundstats.com/2013/02/...ics-breakdown/

Even with all the manipulation of the numbers, taking away drops, weighing each zone the same for every QB (1-4, 11-20, etc), Geno still has the best completion percentage. He really excels in the 5-20 range. Surprising to see Glennon's numbers that high. His receivers must have really sucked.

This just about doubled my interest in Glennon...

mdchiefsfan 02-02-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9373483)

Pretty crazy stuff in there.

B14ckmon 02-02-2013 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9373207)

Contract negotiations for what? All they can negotiate is a small wiggle room of guaranteed money.

KCrockaholic 02-02-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9372906)
If I remember correctly, Geno seems to have some difficulty throwing to his right. I remember someone posting a chart of all his throws, completions and interceptions and there seemed to be an inordinate amount of incompletions and interceptions when he threw to the right. This might be due to some footwork issues and squaring up his shoulders, and I think it could be easily correctable--but it is something to be aware of.

You would be correct.

Although I've seen plenty of times when he does reset his feet properly and throws to his intermediate right he completes an accurate pass. But he does have some issues throwing to the right. I know this because I've charted his throws as well. I did it before that other dude even did. I just didn't post it. Cause I'm selfish like that.

htismaqe 02-02-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9373483)

Zero doubled is still zero. ;)

BossChief 02-03-2013 12:59 AM

Ben Rothlisberger and Joe Flacco were small school quarterbacks that had significant bust potential.

Aaron Rodgers was a Tedford quarterback that had bust written all over him for over 20 teams.

Drew Brees was barely 6 foot tall and short quarterbacks are always busts.

Matt Ryan threw 19 picks his senior year at BC.

I hope this franchise lifts up its collective skirt, grabs its balls and takes a quarterback with that pick...I sure as **** don't want to have to see 3 or 4 quarterbacks from this case end up as quality starters in the league and for us to be left holding our dicks.

Again.

O.city 02-03-2013 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9373814)
Ben Rothlisberger and Joe Flacco were small school quarterbacks that had significant bust potential.

Aaron Rodgers was a Tedford quarterback that had bust written all over him for over 20 teams.

Drew Brees was barely 6 foot tall and short quarterbacks are always busts.

Matt Ryan threw 19 picks his senior year at BC.

I hope this franchise lifts up its collective skirt, grabs its balls and takes a quarterback with that pick...I sure as **** don't want to have to see 3 or 4 quarterbacks from this case end up as quality starters in the league and for us to be left holding our dicks.

Again.

At this point, I almost hope we are.

Hearing what I've heard from this fanbase this offseason, it can go **** itself.

Molitoth 02-03-2013 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9373820)
At this point, I almost hope we are.

Hearing what I've heard from this fanbase this offseason, it can go **** itself.

I see your point, but I'd rather Geno turn out elite and me be able to say "I told you so."

Sorter 02-03-2013 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9373879)
I see your point, but I'd rather Geno turn out elite and me be able to say "I told you so."

If one was truly sadistic, he/she'd want Geno to go to Oakland and become a monster to truly rub it in the true fans faces and shit all over Shawn "I suck dick for change only" Zoebel"

NJChiefsFan 02-03-2013 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9373883)
If one was truly sadistic, he/she'd want Geno to go to Oakland and become a monster to truly rub it in the true fans faces and shit all over Shawn "I suck dick for change only" Zoebel"

There is never a satisfaction with true fans. They all supported the regime and Cassel through the years and they don't sit there and say damn I was wrong. They just move on saying "I love the Chiefs, lets win Sunday." It certainly isn't worth hoping for such a scenario if it even needs to be said.