ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D....this fall on ABC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272969)

siberian khatru 05-15-2013 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9682702)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PerIAuv27SQ?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I guess that answers the question about whether this takes place before Avengers.

Coulson lives!

keg in kc 07-21-2013 05:58 AM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MPWrK6-dToI?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rausch 07-21-2013 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9683982)
I guess that answers the question about whether this takes place before Avengers.

Coulson lives!

Perhaps some Luke Cage in there?

"Put me in this mother****'n show!"

http://img.moviepilot.com/assets/tar...ke_cage-oo.jpg

Aries Walker 07-21-2013 08:44 AM

Sweet Christmas, yes. He's one of the biggest-named Marvel characters who hasn't shown up in a movie yet.

duncan_idaho 07-21-2013 09:13 AM

This will probably not be the ONLY Marvel spin-off on TV.

From what I've heard, a Peggy Carter show is likely to happen, due to the success of the Peggy short at Comic Con.

beach tribe 07-21-2013 01:03 PM

Dr. Strange is SLs favorite.
I am shocked that he hasnt been introduced.

Psyko Tek 07-21-2013 01:51 PM

I have heard rumors of a dr strange movie, but nothing solid
like the Peggy Carter idea

luke cage, iron fist, misty knight, and the other girl, HEROS FOR HIRE

Aries Walker 07-21-2013 03:04 PM

Colleen Wing.

duncan_idaho 07-22-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psyko Tek (Post 9825489)
I have heard rumors of a dr strange movie, but nothing solid
like the Peggy Carter idea

luke cage, iron fist, misty knight, and the other girl, HEROS FOR HIRE

A Peggy series would give them a chance to bridge the Captain America to Winter Soldier continuity, do SHIELD origin stuff, track Fury a bit as he goes through time, etc, etc.

I think Atwell could carry a TV series, especially with solid guest/recurring guests. I'm think Sebastien Stan could pop in as Bucky/Winter Solider/etc and give her someone solid to play off of. Whitford as her boss, long-term, would also work well.

keg in kc 09-24-2013 09:39 AM

They're currently shopping a Peggy series with Atwell as the lead.

Anywho, early reviews are in, and they all seem positive.

DaneMcCloud 09-24-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9683982)

Coulson lives!

In case you hadn't heard, Coulson's death was an elaborate ruse.

I'm skeptical that this can work for multiple seasons (or even 24 episodes) but it's set to record.

siberian khatru 09-24-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10014964)

Yes, that was my take back when the movie came out. Although IIRC there was still some debate at the time that post was made back in May what really happened, and some early talk about whether the TV show was a prequel that took place before Coulson died (or "died").

EDIT: Indeed, check out Deberg's post earlier in this thread.

keg in kc 09-24-2013 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10014964)

I'm skeptical that this can work for multiple seasons (or even 24 episodes) but it's set to record.

I think it's going to be huge, but for a reason that will probably sound weird coming from me as someone who prefers drama with grey or darker tones: it's light-hearted. Everything is skewed so dark nowadays, that I think a good (that's important, it has to be good...) family-safe show with humor and a slant towards hope is going to be an easy sell. It also helps that they can play off the popularity of both Marvel and Joss Wheden.

What I wonder is why they put it up against NCIS. Starting a new series up against the #1 show seems like a gamble. Maybe they're not counting on audience cross-over, and hoping the (likely) younger audience they should bring in skews things in their favor.

DaneMcCloud 09-24-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10016158)
I think it's going to be huge, but for a reason that will probably sound weird coming from me as someone who prefers drama with grey or darker tones: it's light-hearted. Everything is skewed so dark nowadays, that I think a good (that's important, it has to be good...) family-safe show with humor and a slant towards hope is going to be an easy sell. It also helps that they can play off the popularity of both Marvel and Joss Wheden.

What I wonder is why they put it up against NCIS. Starting a new series up against the #1 show seems like a gamble. Maybe they're not counting on audience cross-over, and hoping the (likely) younger audience they should bring in skews things in their favor.

What concerns me long term (and even short term for that matter) is that none of Marvel's most well-known characters will appear in this series.

No Hulk, Iron Man, Thor, or Captain America. Even lessor knowns like Hawkeye, Black Widow and Ant Man won't appear, either, because there are plans for stand-alone films for each. Jeremy Renner and Scarlett Jo aren't going to appear on a weekly TV series. It's possible that whomever they cast as Ant-Man will have a crossover but that's about it.

And certainly no Spidey.

So with that in mind, how does this series sustain the already built-in audience? That's the biggest question, IMO.

Brock 09-24-2013 05:17 PM

Curious to see what heroes/villains appear in this.