ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs KC Star: Clark looks forward to next season (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269599)

Pasta Little Brioni 02-02-2013 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9372269)
right now (excepting the notion Dorsey will pass on a 1st rnd QB), I am leaning towards Star Lotulelei becoming a Chief. He gives them the added girth and speed up front along that DL and also allows for several formations like how Balt uses their BFF's in the 34 defense.
http://walterfootball.com/images/fball/SLotulelei.jpg

ANOTHER high 1st on the front of a 3-4. Get the **** out here with that shit.

Rasputin 02-02-2013 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9372267)
yes, he would.

he's been pouting for awhile now ... he wants a QB in the first round NO MATTER WHAT. If Matt Cassel was coming out in this years draft he would be demanding that we draft him RIGHT NOW!!

It's what happens when people lose their minds to senility

No that's bull shit. Not any QB would do. I'm wanting the best prospect and so far that looks to me to be Geno Smith with Tyler Wilson as a close second so I would be happy if it was him. I was likeing Barkley for a while but I'm not as high on him any more.

I've wanted this opportunity to pick #1 and get us the BQBA from the draft for over 20 years. So yes this is that opportunity to do so and I'm going be sourly disapointed if we don't.

OnTheWarpath15 02-02-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9372264)
Really? If the Chiefs end up with the best QB in the draft, but they get him in the 2nd or 3rd round, you'll be mad because they could've taken a QB first overall a d didn't?

How many times in the modern era has the best QB come from the later rounds?

Twice?

It's an idiotic argument.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-02-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9372287)

Twice?

But, but, but we can solidify the trenches OTWP....THE TRENCHES. Think of the VALUE!!!

OnTheWarpath15 02-02-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9372289)
But, but, but we can solidify the trenches OTWP....THE TRENCHES. Think of the VALUE!!!

Yeah, the value.

Let's move a Top 5-8 LT to guard so we can draft another LT who is far from an Ogden/Pace/Thomas type prospect.

Or better yet, lets spend ANOTHER high pick on the defensive line. A 1st, a 3rd, a 5th and an 11th in 6 years. Sounds delightful.

And in the meanwhile, continue on with one of the worst QB situations in the league.

O.city 02-02-2013 10:29 AM

More SB winning qbs have come from the first round than any other place combined. But let's try and win the lotto with a 2nd rounder.

I'd say based on what Clark said we absolutely aren't taking a qb early. Looks like the more things change the more they stay the same.

(And with this statement, true fans attack)

OnTheWarpath15 02-02-2013 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9372292)
More SB winning qbs have come from the first round than any other place combined. But let's try and win the lotto with a 2nd rounder.

I'd say based on what Clark said we absolutely aren't taking a qb early. Looks like the more things change the more they stay the same.

(And with this statement, true fans attack)

I don't give a shit what Clark is saying on February 1st.

I only care what happens on draft day.

And if they **** this up, my ST's will be up for sale on Ebay/CL within seconds.

O.city 02-02-2013 10:32 AM

Well is get ready for that cause I'd say Alex smith is our starting qb in 2013

OnTheWarpath15 02-02-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9372297)
Well is get ready for that cause I'd say Alex smith is our starting qb in 2013

If so, some TrueFan will get some great seats.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-02-2013 10:35 AM

Drafting Jekyll would be equal or greater of a travesty than T-Jack

O.city 02-02-2013 10:37 AM

What a pitiful franchise.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-02-2013 10:39 AM

I'm still embarrased I tried to excuse and rationalize the Cassel/T-Jack abortion. My initial reaction was anger and despair, but I just had to try and find the bright side. Won't make that mistake again.

Messier 02-02-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9372287)

Twice?

I'm not even trying to argue FOR doing this way, but you asked. I'm including the 2nd round as "later rounds". I went back only to 2000, and found 5, possibility 6 drafts where the best QB was taken after the 1st round. I said possibility 6 because it depends on how Russell Wilson turns out.

Messier 02-02-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9372304)
What a pitiful franchise.

I feel bad for Dorsey and Reid. At least SP got until his first draft before he was a moron. Oh well, SOC, time to make the, Dorsey and Reid must go banners. Maybe we could fly them around the combine in Indy.

WildTurkey 02-02-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9372293)
I don't give a shit what Clark is saying on February 1st.

I only care what happens on draft day.

And if they **** this up, my ST's will be up for sale on Ebay/CL within seconds.

This.