ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football The flawed logic of Mizzou fans (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=193374)

alanm 10-05-2008 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImAWalkingCorpse (Post 5082986)
That does sound like something a current Nebraska team would do.. hell even Osborne's teams would still be trying to score when they were up 70-3, but I doubt any of their kids ever spit on an opposing player. I have never really met a Nebraska fan I like.

I have a really hard time believing that happened.
If it's true then heads should roll.
It will be addressed either way tomorrow in the conference call.

KcMizzou 10-05-2008 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanm (Post 5083085)
Just got home this morning and I knew it was going to be brutal on here...
But Tim... I expect better from you.

Pfft... Sam Hall's begging for it. Did you even read the original post?

SAUTO 10-05-2008 10:14 AM

if the spitting incident actually happened(why would anyone lie about that after the whippin they put on) it just shows more of the "bully" mentality that nebraska was known for back when they actually mattered. why pick the smallest guy on the field to spit on? go spit on a linebacker of lineman

KcMizzou 10-05-2008 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanm (Post 5083090)

What, you think Daniel just made it up?

Why would he do that?

OnTheWarpath15 10-05-2008 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 5083107)
if the spitting incident actually happened(why would anyone lie about that after the whippin they put on) it just shows more of the "bully" mentality that nebraska was known for back when they actually mattered. why pick the smallest guy on the field to spit on? go spit on a linebacker of lineman

:spock:

Uh...

How about not spitting on anyone?

Rausch 10-05-2008 10:21 AM

Whatever.

It's like being a 40 year old virgin and then banging two Maxim cover girls in the same night.

You can talk and yap all you want about the last 40 years but all I hear is the teacher from the Peanuts cartoons over my happy glow of satisfaction...

alanm 10-05-2008 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 5083108)
What, you think Daniel just made it up?

Why would he do that?

If it really happened there will be repercussions and a player suspended. That shit won't be tolerated by Pelini or Osborne.
Like I said I'm sure it's already being looked into and will be addressed in the conference call tomorrow.

SAUTO 10-05-2008 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 5083111)
:spock:

Uh...

How about not spitting on anyone?

why not? because nebraska doesnt know any better obviously.
I wasnt condoning it just sayin that IF you are gonna spit at least pick someone who is big enough to stand up. chase did in the game sure enough

Sure-Oz 10-05-2008 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanm (Post 5083090)

Why would chase lie? The guy has credibility and isn't the type to throw a team under a bus or anything unless its legit.

SAUTO 10-05-2008 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanm (Post 5083123)
If it really happened there will be repercussions and a player suspended. That shit won't be tolerated by Pelini or Osborne.
Like I said I'm sure it's already being looked into and will be addressed in the conference call tomorrow.

if there's no video do you actually think the god(osbourne) or the dummy will admit to it?

Sure-Oz 10-05-2008 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 5083107)

Nebraska isn't a bully of anything, if you can't beat em, spit on em?

SAUTO 10-05-2008 10:26 AM

obviously you havent watched big 12 or big 8 football for long, nebraska was the conference bully for years and its nice to see some get back for the other teams, mu killin them and last year ku killin them

DeezNutz 10-05-2008 10:27 AM

One of the biggest criticisms of Pelini was that he's someone who has a hard time controlling his emotions--see: personal foul against VT. Just one example.

Is Bo an upgrade? Yes, I'd say he is, but he better learn to check himself to establish the proper tone for his program. If the head coach is a joke on the sideline, fans should expect the players to follow his lead.

Saulbadguy 10-05-2008 10:27 AM

Hey Texas Tech fans,

We used to be good, so don't get so excited.

:ksu:

alanm 10-05-2008 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 5083126)
Why would chase lie? The guy has credibility and isn't the type to throw a team under a bus or anything unless its legit.

Why are you so quick to assume that it's true?
Nebraska has no such history of Raiders type behavior.
Win or lose they play with class.
Just saying. If true I'm sure Osborne and Pelini will issue a apology tomorrow with the player making a statement.
It's how Nebraska rolls.