ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games DayZ (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270257)

Buck 01-14-2014 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 10369389)
That's awesome. So the three cultists were all PCs (vs. NPCs?). Do people do a lot of roleplaying like that in the game? I love that kind of weirdness.

There aren't any NPCs in the game. It's an open world sandbox survival FPS/3PS with an element of RPG mixed in. It's awesome.

hometeam 01-14-2014 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 10369389)
That's awesome. So the three cultists were all PCs (vs. NPCs?). Do people do a lot of roleplaying like that in the game? I love that kind of weirdness.

those where just 3 weird ass guys doing weird things.

As I have said before DayZ is shenanigan central, crazy shit is happening constantly.

hometeam 01-14-2014 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 10369508)
There aren't any NPCs in the game. It's an open world sandbox survival FPS/3PS with an element of RPG mixed in. It's awesome.

correct, the only NPCs are zombies as of now. Later I think they plan to add in more stuff like 'survivor camps' but not hing is set in stone

Buck 01-14-2014 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 10369611)
correct, the only NPCs are zombies as of now. Later I think they plan to add in more stuff like 'survivor camps' but not hing is set in stone

Oh yeah forgot about Zombies they are an afterthought lol.

Stanley Nickels 01-15-2014 11:44 AM

Might not make it on tonight.. Work is hellacious right now. Will let you know if I can

allen_kcCard 01-15-2014 11:57 AM

What do you guys do when you are playing? From what I've seen, it looks like you run around gearing up if you have died, and then you deal with other players that will likely try to kill you. But after that...since you can't really change the environment, or do anything like training to make yourself stronger, or get levels and such....what do you do? Other than gearing and PVP, is it just exploration?

hometeam 01-15-2014 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen_kcCard (Post 10371372)
What do you guys do when you are playing? From what I've seen, it looks like you run around gearing up if you have died, and then you deal with other players that will likely try to kill you. But after that...since you can't really change the environment, or do anything like training to make yourself stronger, or get levels and such....what do you do? Other than gearing and PVP, is it just exploration?

Well right now the standalone game is in alpha. 95% of the content is not in the game. Eventually part of gearing up will be repairing and equipping a vehicle, (which takes about 10x as long as gearing yourself) and then base building etc.

Besides PVP, what is any FPS/3PS for?

TBH, DayZ is not an MMO. Its not meant to be, its meant to be a saved progression 3ps with hardcore game mode (aka when you die your dead)

The gameplay in DayZ is based around human morality, not levels.

Buck 01-15-2014 12:36 PM

The most fun thing is to get in a group, gear up, and then go hold people up, I think.

Buck 01-15-2014 12:36 PM

Also I'm really bummed about not being able to look down the sights. I think I'm gonna have to die before I can.

hometeam 01-15-2014 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 10371484)
Also I'm really bummed about not being able to look down the sights. I think I'm gonna have to die before I can.

yep bug, I tried googling it and found some guys that had the problem in the mod where dying cured it, or they just had to make sure the gun was shouldered etc. You know you only have to TAP the right mouse button to look right? Holding it will still zoom in.

btw,

http://i.imgur.com/vqhokvC.png

allen_kcCard 01-15-2014 01:15 PM

I think it sounds fun as hell as it is, was just curious what all of you do.

Buck 01-15-2014 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 10371495)
yep bug, I tried googling it and found some guys that had the problem in the mod where dying cured it, or they just had to make sure the gun was shouldered etc. You know you only have to TAP the right mouse button to look right? Holding it will still zoom in.

btw,

http://i.imgur.com/vqhokvC.png

I did not know that. I'm a n00b.

Buck 01-15-2014 05:59 PM

Me and my buddy are on my teamspeak if you wanna hop in.

hometeam 01-15-2014 06:16 PM

I work till 8pm on wed :P will hit you up on steam later.

Buck 01-15-2014 08:04 PM

I just got off, I lost my character from last night. When I logged into a new server today it said "Please Wait" and wouldn't let me play. I exited and re-entered and I had a fresh spawn. Sucks, but that's what this game is about right now. That was followed by my friend consistently getting killed by zombies so I finally just quit, but if you wanna play in a bit, I'll hop back on.