ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals 2013 Kansas City Royals Repository Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267564)

duncan_idaho 07-23-2013 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 9828790)
Is it time to put Hochevar back in the starting line up and sit Davis?

It's probably time to see what Duffy does in his next Omaha start and promote him if it goes well.

Hochevar can go fist himself.

Will Smith is the next guy in line, IMO.

BigCatDaddy 07-23-2013 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by P-90Rex (Post 9828807)
If he's ready it's gotta be Duffy, right? I'm not against Smith, but he'd be my second choice. Hoch third option. Davis...not an option at all. Neither is Mendoza.

There is no reason to rush Duffy back at this point.

DeezNutz 07-23-2013 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9828813)
It's probably time to see what Duffy does in his next Omaha start and promote him if it goes well.

It must be late July in KC. LMAO.

duncan_idaho 07-23-2013 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9828756)
Is Escobar one of the biggest turds in recent Royals history? He just goes up hacking, no gameplan at the plate. In the field he's quit, his concentration has completely left him as he makes poor plays now.

We'll get 20 WAR out of Cain & Escobar? So what. We'd have gotten 20 WAR playing Jarrod Dyson & Mike Aviles. If you trade for guys who give you only what you can get on your own, that's a bad trade.

Your obsession with being RIGHT about the Zack Greinke trade is entertaining.

Mike Aviles shouldn't have been moved - he should have been kept and played everyday at 2B (spelling Escobar at SS and Moustakas at 3B).

Jarrod Dyson's value probably would not hold up if he played everyday. And considering that you seem to HATE guys who provide all their value with their legs and defense - and who struggle at the plate - I think you'd soon be calling for HIS head.

BigCatDaddy 07-23-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

I don't know if they bring him up this quick. I'd prefer to see Duffy and Smith in the rotation instead of Chen. At least Duffy and Smith are getting some more experience and can ready themselves to be in the rotation next year where Chen will be gone.

IF Santana goes I think it should be

Shields
Guthrie
Duffy
Will Smith
Mendoza

duncan_idaho 07-23-2013 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9828822)
I don't know if they bring him up this quick. I'd prefer to see Duffy and Smith in the rotation instead of Chen. At least Duffy and Smith are getting some more experience and can ready themselves to be in the rotation next year where Chen will be gone.

IF Santana goes I think it should be

Shields
Guthrie
Duffy
Will Smith
Mendoza

I wouldn't complain if they left him down a little longer, either. He is pretty close to ready, though.

Nightfyre 07-23-2013 09:40 AM

Are we sellers yet? yeesh.

ChiefsCountry 07-23-2013 10:28 AM

Hypothetical trade offer here:

Jake Peavey/Alex Rios for Ervin Santana, Competitive Balance Draft Pick, prospects (Duncan fill this part in)

Would any of you consider anything like this?

BlackHelicopters 07-23-2013 10:35 AM

GMDM is delusional if thinks this group of underachievers is going anywhere. Time to start over, again. 28 years.

Pasta Little Brioni 07-23-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 9828381)
Getting excited about the possibility of acquiring prospects from the ****ing Pittsburgh Pirates.

What a disaster.

:spock: Wow

duncan_idaho 07-23-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9828980)
Hypothetical trade offer here:

Jake Peavey/Alex Rios for Ervin Santana, Competitive Balance Draft Pick, prospects (Duncan fill this part in)

Would any of you consider anything like this?

Why does Chicago want Ervin Santana?

I would consider trading for Peavey/Rios for next year, but it would wipe out a big portion of the farm system. I don't Santana helps you at all in that deal.

gblowfish 07-23-2013 10:55 AM

Well, hopefully we'll be able to get Duffy, Paulino and the Fresh Prince into the rotation just to see what they've got.

I'd deal Santana for the best thing we can get -hopefully a 2B or RF prospect-, trade Chen and Hoch for a bag of batting practice balls. Need to get Hoch OUT of this organization. I think Mendoza has a tired arm from no off season. Keep him, rest him. I think he'll recover. Maybe try Crow as a starter if you get desperate for a number 5 guy.

HemiEd 07-23-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Well at least we agree that it is time for a change.

ChiefsCountry 07-23-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9829045)
Why does Chicago want Ervin Santana?

I would consider trading for Peavey/Rios for next year, but it would wipe out a big portion of the farm system. I don't Santana helps you at all in that deal.

I was thinking salary dump purposes mainly since Santana is a free agent at the end of this year. More than likely this would have to be a 3 way team deal anyways with the amount of salary involved.

HemiEd 07-23-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9828797)
No. Will Smith should get the next shot IMO. They need to try to figure something out for next year and Hoch won't be a Royal next year.

Can't argue with that. I brought up Hoch because he has looked pretty good in short relief lately, and maybe he has finally improved enough to give him one last look before letting him go.