ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Anybody still think Haley shouldn't have been fired? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266565)

Reerun_KC 11-14-2012 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou_Zare (Post 9119509)
whatever floats your autoerotic asphyxiation sweety

Are you hitting on Dane?? Cause to me you are asking him play swords.

Chief Roundup 11-14-2012 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9119434)
Other teams have hired super bowl coaches without having any problems. Haley was totally unprepared, probably because the idea of working for him made people throw up in their mouths just thinking about it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9119435)
Bullshit.

There is absolutely NO ****ING WAY that Clancy ****ing Pendergast was the ONLY man in the United States capable of being the defensive coordinator for the Chiefs in 2009.

It was laughable then and it's even more laughable now.

Yeah sure others have done lots of things. I bet those SB winners had a decent GM too.
IIRC there was 8 HC changes that year as well as a few DC positions. This place was complaining that we wouldn't have a choice because he was going to be the best option left with his recent success in AZ. Lets not exaggerate too much we know he wasn't the ONLY one. He was just the best option at that time.
There were tons of posters saying that they wouldn't be suprised if we didn't change both coordinator positions the next offseason. In other words Pendergast was a stop-gap type.

DaneMcCloud 11-14-2012 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9119506)
Oh, and he apparently respects mine enough to keep it civil on his end.

I'd say that you and I are in agreement roughly 85% of the time and when we do disagree, I certainly respect your opinion. And after chatting in the forum in a civil manner for the better part of 12 years, attacking you or your opinion is unthinkable.

DaneMcCloud 11-14-2012 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9119517)
Yeah sure others have done lots of things. I bet those SB winners had a decent GM too.
IIRC there was 8 HC changes that year as well as a few DC positions. This place was complaining that we wouldn't have a choice because he was going to be the best option left with his recent success in AZ. Lets not exaggerate too much we know he wasn't the ONLY one. He was just the best option at that time.
There were tons of posters saying that they wouldn't be suprised if we didn't change both coordinator positions the next offseason. In other words Pendergast was a stop-gap type.

There is no ****ing way in the universe that a guy that constantly oversaw the 31st ranked NFL defense was the best option.

Sorter 11-14-2012 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9119504)
Actually, Dane and I have had a pretty civil debate.

I haven't pointed out any manipulation.

I have stated strongly my disagreement, but I respect his opinions enough to keep it civil.

^^This.

Chief Roundup 11-14-2012 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9119531)
There is no ****ing way in the universe that a guy that constantly oversaw the 31st ranked NFL defense was the best option.

I am not trying to say he was the best. That THEY together did. Remember they hired Pendergast as the LB coach IIRC. Then when they couldn't find anyone that they liked or that was willing to take the position. They promoted him. I am sure they were figuring that he could and would go back to just a position coach when they found a person that they wanted.
All of that stuff was another part of their original mistakes. You don't hire position coaches before the coordinator.

BossChief 11-14-2012 08:39 PM

Clancy Pentegast was never hired to be the defensive coordinator. He was hired to be a position coach while Pioli was still trying to hire Romeo to run the defense.

He was named the defensive coordinator weeks after being under contract in KC and Haley said multiple times during that span that "they" were still looking for a "DC".

It was only after Romeo publicly turned down the job that Clancy was named to the position.

Marcellus 11-14-2012 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9119553)
Clancy Pentegast was never hired to be the defensive coordinator. He was hired to be a position coach while Pioli was still trying to hire Romeo to run the defense.

He was named the defensive coordinator weeks after being under contract in KC and Haley said multiple times during that span that "they" were still looking for a "DC".

It was only after Romeo publicly turned down the job that Clancy was named to the position.

Looking at it all now, it was the first sign that we were standing on the tracks and a train full of hurt was heading our way.

Ace Gunner 11-14-2012 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9119552)
I am not trying to say he was the best. That THEY together did. Remember they hired Pendergast as the LB coach IIRC. Then when they couldn't find anyone that they liked or that was willing to take the position. They promoted him. I am sure they were figuring that he could and would go back to just a position coach when they found a person that they wanted.
All of that stuff was another part of their original mistakes. You don't hire position coaches before the coordinator.

these are facts that elude dane the incredible pussytard.

Chief Roundup 11-14-2012 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou_Zare (Post 9119565)

He just puts more blame on Haley than some of the rest of us. He is entitled to his opinion. I know he can be harsh but I think he is just frustrated with it all. Haley is part of that. He might not of had final say or whatever. But Haley was the HC and those decisions should of come down to him. I think Haley being a rookie HC was basicly being lead by Pioli.

BossChief 11-14-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou_Zare (Post 9119490)
milkman & myself, bosschief & Dave, other posters here have pointed out how you manipulate to make your points. you're a ****ing liar dane. I hate liars. but what the hell, I don't know you other than the bullshit you spew here so don't take it personally. but here in this domain, you lie like a ****ing dog when you want to.

**** you.

Outside of the first month I was here, I have NO PROBLEMS with Dane and even when we disagree, there is usually a mutual respect there. Keep my name out of your mouth.

Go back to the coalition, bitch.

rabblerouser 11-14-2012 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9119553)

Yeah...Pioli was a giant bag of douche from the get-go.

Haley was ****ed through the drive-thru before this thing even got started.

BossChief 11-14-2012 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9119504)
Actually, Dane and I have had a pretty civil debate.

I haven't pointed out any manipulation.

I have stated strongly my disagreement, but I respect his opinions enough to keep it civil.

I should have kept reading the thread, then I could have just said this.

I'm sick and tired of these coalition posters trying to use me as a cosigner...

rabblerouser 11-14-2012 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9119587)
He just puts more blame on Haley than some of the rest of us. He is entitled to his opinion. I know he can be harsh but I think he is just frustrated with it all. Haley is part of that. He might not of had final say or whatever. But Haley was the HC and those decisions should of come down to him. I think Haley being a rookie HC was basicly being lead by Pioli.

I have first-hand personal accounts of Haley and Pioli literally screaming obscenities at each other, constantly...until they quit talking to each other completely around week 5 of last year.

Haley, along with every single other employee of Chiefs/Arrowhead, got ****ed.

Promise.

DaneMcCloud 11-14-2012 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou_Zare (Post 9119565)

Once again, LOSER, shut the **** UP

Ace Gunner 11-14-2012 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9119599)
**** you.

Outside of the first month I was here, I have NO PROBLEMS with Dane and even when we disagree, there is usually a mutual respect there. Keep my name out of your mouth.

Go back to the coalition, bitch.

I said you made good points, but you are an ass and I'll mention you whenever I like.

jd1020 11-14-2012 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9117392)
You know what Id loved to have seen?

Todd Haley with a LEGIT QB prospect in KC.

Look at what he has done EVERYWHERE ELSE he a has had one of those.

How much of "Haley's success" is due to Haley?

An elite QB can overcome a dipshit HC/OC (Peyton).

A good HC/OC can design an offense around the shortfalls of his QB and be competitive (Harbaugh/Smith).

Ace Gunner 11-14-2012 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9119587)

I agree. but I still think dane is a cocksmoocher.

Ace Gunner 11-14-2012 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9119659)
How much of "Haley's success" is due to Haley?

An elite QB can overcome a dipshit HC/OC (Peyton).

A good HC/OC can design an offense around the shortfalls of his QB and be competitive (Harbaugh/Smith).

no, the 49ers are designed around that fierce defense.

jd1020 11-14-2012 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou_Zare (Post 9119670)
no, the 49ers are designed around that fierce defense.

Explain why it never came together until Harbaugh came to town.

BossChief 11-14-2012 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9119608)
Yeah...Pioli was a giant bag of douche from the get-go.

Haley was ****ed through the drive-thru before this thing even got started.

He really was.

1) Pioli traded for Cassel before Haley was hired.

2) Pioli wanted to force Romeo on Haley in 2009 and even after Romeo turned down the job, Pioli didnt want anyone else hired so the door would be open the following year when Romeo was healthy enough to take the job...therefore Clancy was promoted after being hired on to be a position coach.

3) Pioli forced Gailey on Haley.

4) Pioli forced Weis on Haley.

5) Pioli made the Tyson Jackson pick when Haley didnt want any part of it.

6) Pioli shot down the idea of signing Hasselback to back up Cassel during the 2011 offseason.

I would love to see Haley in a NORMAL HC POSITION where he could hire his own staff and have a legit QB to work with.

I would be willing to bet almost anything the guy will excel when he gets his chance and that might come as soon as next year.

Ace Gunner 11-14-2012 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9119673)

well, JH did improve the team and it came from some tweaks to the offense -- mainly a boot up their collective ass. Gore is playing better this season, the WR's are playing better also, and of course, Alex Smith is more consistent. But as far as what makes the 49ers a force, it all starts with the defense. JH is a lot like Haley, he has the whole team playing up to speed, just needs to be more consistent.

Sorter 11-14-2012 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9119673)

^^^This.

jd1020 11-14-2012 09:26 PM

Tom Coughlin is another coach that comes to mind.

Sorter 11-14-2012 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou_Zare (Post 9119685)
well, JH did improve the team and it came from some tweaks to the offense -- mainly a boot up their collective ass. Gore is playing better this season, the WR's are playing better also, and of course, Alex Smith is more consistent. But as far as what makes the 49ers a force, it all starts with the defense.

Do you not think that the draft/FA aquisitions in Rogers, A. Smith, Whitner, Brock, Culliver defensively added to that team?

BossChief 11-14-2012 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou_Zare (Post 9119685)
well, JH did improve the team and it came from some tweaks to the offense -- mainly a boot up their collective ass. Gore is playing better this season, the WR's are playing better also, and of course, Alex Smith is more consistent. But as far as what makes the 49ers a force, it all starts with the defense. JH is a lot like Haley, he has the whole team playing up to speed, just needs to be more consistent.

JFC just STFU

That defense and running game were JUST FINE before Harbaugh got there...what he did was light a fire under Alex Smith and THAT ignited the whole team.

Ace Gunner 11-14-2012 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9119696)
JFC just STFU

That defense and running game were JUST FINE before Harbaugh got there...what he did was light a fire under Alex Smith and THAT ignited the whole team.

the niners are designed around that defense, you know this. I already said he has the offense dialed up.

jd1020 11-14-2012 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou_Zare (Post 9119719)
the niners are designed around that defense, you know this. I already said he has the offense dialed up.

Does not get it.

BossChief 11-14-2012 09:41 PM

SF had the 13th ranked defense in 2010 (the year before JH got there) and averaged giving up 327 yards per game.

This year, they are 3rd in defense and give up 292 yards per game.

The difference is the upgrades in players and the fact that the offense is extending drives.

Their offense only averaged 313 yards and 19 points per game in 2010 and now average 366 yards and 24 points per game.

They are doing so with largely the same players.

Sorter 11-14-2012 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou_Zare (Post 9119719)

Well, then answer my question. Harbaugh and their GM was responsible for adding several significant defensive talents to this roster.

Ace Gunner 11-14-2012 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9119739)
Well, then answer my question. Harbaugh and their GM was responsible for adding several significant defensive talents to this roster.

what is your question?

Sorter 11-14-2012 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou_Zare (Post 9119744)
what is your question?

Do you not think that the draft/FA aquisitions in Rogers, A. Smith, Whitner, Brock, Culliver defensively added to that team?

Ace Gunner 11-14-2012 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9119757)

Yes, it adds to a good nucleus.

Sorter 11-14-2012 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou_Zare (Post 9119784)
Yes, it adds to a good nucleus.

So, Harbaugh isn't just an offensive minded guy along with their GM? You acknowledge that he id play a role in the drafting/acquisition of said talent?

Ace Gunner 11-14-2012 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9119790)
So, Harbaugh isn't just an offensive minded guy along with their GM? You acknowledge that he id play a role in the drafting/acquisition of said talent?

Well I don't know for sure, but yes, I think the philosophy is to build a team around that defense. But I said earlier JH is having an effect on the whole team like Haley did? I mean he knows a lot more than just offense, like Haley does.

so, where are you taking us here?

Sorter 11-14-2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou_Zare (Post 9119802)
Well I don't know for sure, but yes, I think the philosophy is to build a team around that defense. But I said earlier JH is having an effect on the whole team like Haley did? I mean he knows a lot more than just offense, like Haley does.

I think that Jim has shown a desire through the most recent offseason a desire to buid an offense that doesn't rely solely on it's D to win games, ala the SB Ravens or the Jets w/ Sanchez.

BossChief 11-14-2012 10:10 PM

Harbaugh is what Haleys ceiling would have been.

A guy that is imaginative and innovative as an offensive play caller and is an elite motivator of an entire team.

Ace Gunner 11-14-2012 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9119826)
Harbaugh is what Haleys ceiling would have been.

A guy that is imaginative and innovative as an offensive play caller and is an elite motivator of an entire team.

yes and the biggest diff is that his GM was an insecure twit that eventually sabotaged his efforts long before he fired Haley. The second diff -- and this was perhaps even steven with the first diff, is that JH was given a football team that could do basic NFL stuff like run the ball, block and sack the QB, which is not what the Chiefs could do when Haley took over.

Chief Roundup 11-14-2012 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou_Zare (Post 9119802)

Man can you not see the picture that he lead you to paint?
Haley with a good GM had a good chance of doing what Harbaugh and the 9ers GM has done for the 9ers.

Ace Gunner 11-14-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9119814)
I think that Jim has shown a desire through the most recent offseason a desire to buid an offense that doesn't rely solely on it's D to win games, ala the SB Ravens or the Jets w/ Sanchez.

well, the SB Ravens were considered to rival the best defensive team in the history of NFL -- the '85 Bears, so I think those teams did and do rely mostly on their defense and more to my point, the team strategy is geared towards letting the defense win games instead of trying to turn Alex Smith, Trent Dilfer or Jim McMahon into Joe Montana.

So, there is where we disagree with this, is that I think those teams are/were designed around their fierce defenses. But of course, JH is going to get those guys on offense playing better than say, Mike Singletary did.

Titty Meat 11-14-2012 10:21 PM

Lou Zare is a bitch

Ace Gunner 11-14-2012 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9119838)
Man can you not see the picture that he lead you to paint?
Haley with a good GM had a good chance of doing what Harbaugh and the 9ers GM has done for the 9ers.

No, the Chiefs do not/did not have what the niners had/have. that is defense and the Chiefs have a long history of poor defense.

Ace Gunner 11-14-2012 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9119853)
Lou Zare is a bitch

aw, I touched a nerve when I called out a "liar" :D

Sorter 11-14-2012 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou_Zare (Post 9119855)
No, the Chiefs do not/did not have what the niners had/have. that is defense and the Chiefs have a long history of poor defense.

Very similar in terms of defensive talent, actually. All Pro ILB, good safety, legit pass rusher (ours at OLB, theirs being J. Smith).

Similar offensively as well. Poor QB play, great RB, above average receiver (Bowe/Crabtree), talent on the OL.

Some differences for sure but this team structurally isn't that much different than the team Harbaugh got.

BossChief 11-14-2012 10:28 PM

Quote:

You should be embarrassed for the posts you have submitted to this site since the day you got here.

Seriously.

The ONLY thing you have EVER said that was worth a shit was saying that Cassel was still trying to throw a football like a baseball and its not like you were the first one to say that.

You are just another dumbass that refuses to listen and learn and instead think you know everything when, if reality, you dont know shit.

Ace Gunner 11-14-2012 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9119865)
Very similar in terms of defensive talent, actually. All Pro ILB, good safety, legit pass rusher (ours at OLB, theirs being J. Smith).

Similar offensively as well. Poor QB play, great RB, above average receiver (Bowe/Crabtree), talent on the OL.

Some differences for sure but this team structurally isn't that much different than the team Harbaugh got.

Well, I would say these teams are light years apart. The niners have been rebuilding since Mooch left, they are way ahead of the Chiefs and it is only because CP did not want to rebuild, but instead signed a bunch of FA that quickly deteriorated.

The niners are way ahead of the Chiefs, player wise imo.

BossChief 11-14-2012 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9119865)

The same thing that happened when Harbaugh got there and transformed Alex Smith happened during that 3 game stretch when Kyle Orton played QB for us in late 2011.

That same type of energy explosion would absolutely happen if this team drafts Geno Smith.

I really hope Pioli is fired so we have a chance of drafting him.

He would be a perfect fit.

Sorter 11-14-2012 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou_Zare (Post 9119876)
Well, I would say these teams are light years apart. The niners have been rebuilding since Mooch left, they are way ahead of the Chiefs and it is only because CP did not want to rebuild, but instead signed a bunch of FA that quickly deteriorated.

The niners are way ahead of the Chiefs, player wise imo.

Not 2 years ago. Currently, yes via excellent drafting and FA acquisitions.

In 2010, most would agree that our rosters were nearly identical in terms of talent and some would give us the edge.

Sorter 11-14-2012 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9119878)
The same thing that happened when Harbaugh got there and transformed Alex Smith happened during that 3 game stretch when Kyle Orton played QB for us in late 2011.

That same type of energy explosion would absolutely happen if this team drafts Geno Smith.

I really hope Pioli is fired so we have a chance of drafting him.

He would be a perfect fit.

Stop trying to post logic here. That shit doesn't fly. LMAO

Ace Gunner 11-14-2012 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9119869)
You should be embarrassed for the posts you have submitted to this site since the day you got here.

Seriously.

The ONLY thing you have EVER said that was worth a shit was saying that Cassel was still trying to throw a football like a baseball and its not like you were the first one to say that.

You are just another dumbass that refuses to listen and learn and instead think you know everything when, if reality, you dont know shit.

meh. I have always thought you had thicker skin, but hey, I was wrong about this.

Ace Gunner 11-14-2012 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9119881)
Not 2 years ago. Currently, yes via excellent drafting and FA acquisitions.

In 2010, most would agree that our rosters were nearly identical in terms of talent and some would give us the edge.

the niners are a better football team, have been since 2007.

BossChief 11-14-2012 10:36 PM

I'm just calling it like I see it.

How about you give us the top 5 things you have brought to this site, Lou Zare?

Sorter 11-14-2012 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou_Zare (Post 9119891)
the niners are a better football team, have been since 2007.

Pretty general statement. Doesn't exactly refute my statements or provide evidence supporting your thoughts.

Ace Gunner 11-14-2012 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9119903)
Pretty general statement. Doesn't exactly refute my statements or provide evidence supporting your thoughts.

well, you can look this stuff up. since 2007 the niners have won 45 games and the Chiefs won just 27. that's like almost twice the number of wins.

Ace Gunner 11-14-2012 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9119896)
I'm just calling it like I see it.

How about you give us the top 5 things you have brought to this site, Lou Zare?

humor
intelligence
experience
$
dirty pics of hot women:D

Sorter 11-14-2012 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou_Zare (Post 9119947)
well, you can look this stuff up. since 2007 the niners have won 45 games and the Chiefs won just 27. that's like almost twice the number of wins.

I am well aware of the win totals for both teams. Why don't you go through both rosters in 2010 and tell how much better the 49ers were at that point in time. Don't cite Alex Smith, bc he was Casselesque until Harbaugh.

Ace Gunner 11-14-2012 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9119964)
I am well aware of the win totals for both teams. Why don't you go through both rosters in 2010 and tell how much better the 49ers were at that point in time. Don't cite Alex Smith, bc he was Casselesque until Harbaugh.

well sorter, it was defense. that's what I have been saying and that is the evidence. I mean do you need to read names like Justin Smith and Willis, Spikes & Harelson.

The niners won a playoff game during those 5 years too. I thought Mike Nolan was getting that defense to play at a high level, so there's another reason the niners are a better team during this time.

It's been a long day for me, time to retire and I'll look for your post tomorrow.

Woodchuck 11-15-2012 07:56 AM

Quote:

No kidding, I hate the comparison. Patrick Willis, Justin Smith, and Frank Gore are elite leaders. They aren't just great players.

I think the difference between the kids and the adults on CP is that the adults appreciate leadership. I think they understand it is a must to be successful.

The Chiefs have no leadership period. They are nothing like San Francisco was. Those leaders put out tons of fires in San Francisco.

SAUTO 11-15-2012 08:05 AM

Where do you see gore Smith and Willis acting as leaders?

what fires did those leaders put out. Link?
Posted via Mobile Device