ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Washington DC and The Holy Land (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Legal First US "Safe Injection" Site Expected To Open In California (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=313884)

listopencil 02-11-2018 08:33 PM

First US "Safe Injection" Site Expected To Open In California

SF safe injection sites expected to be first in nation, open around July 1
By Heather Knight February 5, 2018 Updated: February 6, 2018 8:26am

San Francisco is on track to open its first two safe injection sites this July, a milestone that will likely make the city the first in the country to embrace the controversial model of allowing drug users to shoot up under supervision. Other cities — including Seattle, Baltimore and Philadelphia — are talking about opening their own safe injection facilities, but San Francisco could get there first. Facilities already exist in Canada, Australia and Europe...The city’s fiscal year starts July 1, and Garcia said safe injection should begin “close to that date.” After officials get a sense of how the first two are working, a third and fourth could open, she said. The safe injection sites will initially be privately funded, though Garcia wouldn’t say where the money’s coming from. She said that will help the city avoid liability, since intravenous drug use is against state and federal law. Opening the sites doesn’t require the approval of the Board of Supervisors or other city officials.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/news/art...n-12553616.php

Prison Bitch 02-11-2018 08:56 PM

LWNJs

ClevelandBronco 02-11-2018 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 13413151)
LWNJs

Not just them. This RWNJ supports the idea.

GloryDayz 02-11-2018 09:08 PM

Liberals celebrate... If they could add an abortion clinic at the front, Mom can kill her baby, get comfortably numb, and cash-out on the sold baby body parts (on consignment) on the way out the door.

It's a liberal spa day!

dirk digler 02-11-2018 09:11 PM

There is one in NYC as well that I read about a few months ago. The idea makes some sense. It is similar to what alot of parents do with their teenagers by allowing them to drink at home under their supervision.

https://www.cnn.com/2017/10/25/healt...ite/index.html

LiveSteam 02-11-2018 09:27 PM

I've seen the needle and the damage done.
Makes a leftwing nut job out of everyone.
But every Cosmo is like a setting sun.
Gone gone .. Damage done

cosmo20002 02-11-2018 09:31 PM

Is there a free meth site? What about us?
/methsteam

LiveSteam 02-11-2018 09:34 PM

You can have mine. Junkie

listopencil 02-11-2018 09:36 PM

It's a complicated issue. That's why I posted the article. I don't like the idea of incarcerating people for 'victimless crimes' even if the crime results in self harm. Stuff like this is relatively easy for me to ignore. I live in a low population area and it's pretty easy to avoid users of hard drugs for the most part. But this is something that the higher population areas do have to deal with.

HemiEd 02-11-2018 09:38 PM

I have walked the streets in San Francisco with the air smelling like piss, homeless people shitting between parked cars next to the curb.

Gay guys openly hitting on you.

This would make sense.

Prison Bitch 02-11-2018 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 13413181)
I have walked the streets in San Francisco with the air smelling like piss, homeless people shitting between parked cars next to the curb.

Gay guys openly hitting on you. .

Sounds like a Democratic Party convention.

BucEyedPea 02-11-2018 09:44 PM

So who pays for this habit? The taxpayer I suppose.

They'd be better charging a fee. Why should anyone subsidize someone's habit—especially in an enabling way? Don't agree with that.

Besides I thought the left said we're overpopulated. This is where survival of the fittest should rule.

Over Yonder 02-11-2018 09:45 PM

America: We have an opioid problem here in America, what can we do?

California: We could open up a center for junkies to come to so they can shoot up opioids.

Holy crap that state is a disaster. :facepalm:

Over Yonder 02-11-2018 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 13413197)
So who pays for this habit? The taxpayer I suppose.

They'd be better charging a fee. Why should anyone subsidize someone's habit—especially in an enabling way? Don't agree with that.

Besides I thought the left said we're overpopulated. This is where survival of the fittest should rule.

Not yet. The article says for now it's privately funded, but we both know where that road leads :shake:

manchambo 02-11-2018 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 13413181)

Gay guys openly hitting on you.

This would make sense.

I've been all over San Francisco many times. Never saw any of this.

You must have **** me eyes.