ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs What do we know about the Titans. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=286094)

Direckshun 08-30-2014 08:56 PM

What do we know about the Titans.

No point in putting this 5-11 season off any longer.

Let's talk about our first opponent. Who I happen to know nothing about.

First up, their QB position is manned by Jake Locker. Locker actually looked okay on his time on the field.

Their RB corps is alright. They've got Shonn Green, who nobody gives a shit about. But they've also got rookie Bishop Sankey, and from the sounds of it, they love him. They also have Leon Washington, who I've always been a big fan of.

It's well known at this point that the Chiefs have the league's worst WR corps. However, the Titans come close: Kendall Wright is your only surefire #2 caliber WR. Nate Washington, Dexter McCluster, and Justin Hunter are all #3 caliber. Delanie Walker is their only tight end worth anything.

Their line is pretty damn good, however. Roos is a Top Ten left tackle (that Hali nonetheless took to school recently), Levitre and Warmack are quality guards, Schwenke is a good center and Oher is fairly consistent at RT. Add into the fact that Locker is difficult to chase down, and it's going to be tough sledding for the passrushers.

On defense, they're alright. They've got a lot of guys who are decent starters, and guys that would be elite backups.

We know as well as anybody that Ropati Pitoitua is not a world beater, but Jurrell Casey on the other side is pretty good. Sammie Lee Hill at the nose is a bear to move off the ball.

Derrick Morgan and Kamerion Wimbley are their rushbackers, with Akeem Ayers rotating in. That's a solid if unspectacular group of passrushers -- it will be a good warmup for Eric Fisher before he gets skull****ed by DeMarcus Ware. Zach Brown and Wesley Woodyard are their ILBs.

It's well known that the Chiefs have the worst secondary in the NFL with Berry missing time, but the Titans come close. Coty Sensabaugh and Jason McCourty are their starters at the position -- yeaahhhhh...

Their safeties are Michael Griffin and Bernard Pollard. Tennessee is where disappointing Chiefs go to die, apparently.

They have Rob Bironas, who outside of Roos is like the only other elite talent on this team.

Saccopoo 08-30-2014 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10865033)
No point in putting this 5-11 season off any longer.

Let's talk about our first opponent. Who I happen to know nothing about.

The end.

Good post.

Mennonite 08-30-2014 09:02 PM

I live in TN, but I don't follow the Titans very closely. I don't think this is a very accurate assessment of the team though. I think they cut Bironas for one thing. Justin Hunter looks like he might be pretty good. Their defense is going through some big changes and they will likely be bad. Especially early in the season. Locker looked very good before he got hurt last year. He has looked iffy in preseason this year.

Red Dawg 08-30-2014 09:03 PM

We know they have more talent at WR and DB and OL.

TimBone 08-30-2014 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mennonite (Post 10865127)
I live in TN, but I don't follow the Titans very closely. I don't think this is a very accurate assessment of the team though. I think they cut Bironas for one thing. Justin Hunter looks like he might be pretty good. Their defense is going through some big changes and they will likely be bad. Especially early in the season. Locker looked very good before he got hurt last year. He has looked iffy in preseason this year.

How accurate could it have been? He started it off by saying he didn't know shit about them, and then gave a full scouting report.

Ming the Merciless 08-30-2014 09:08 PM

did you forget Jackie Battle???!!!

He mighr be out for BLOOD and get some kind of 3rd and short goal line action

-King- 08-30-2014 09:09 PM

They're an NFL team in the AFC South.

Deberg_1990 08-30-2014 09:10 PM

Locker has been mostly terrible in his NFL career

RealSNR 08-30-2014 09:12 PM

They're a really boring team. Even when they had Steve McNair.

Jeff Fisher's musk still impregnates the atmosphere of the locker room.

a pp roach 08-30-2014 09:14 PM

tits

Hammock Parties 08-30-2014 09:29 PM

They are better than us.

Hammock Parties 08-30-2014 09:30 PM

Jason McCourty is a #1 CB and Coty Sensabaugh is a very good #2.

You don't know what you're talking about Direckshun.

Griffin is a very good complement at safety. That's a tough D.

Hammock Parties 08-30-2014 09:31 PM

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...y-cb-matchups/

Quote:

Jason McCourty has been one of the top fantasy corners for IDP gamers for several seasons, but this data suggests he is also one of the tougher cornerbacks to throw on for fantasy purposes too. The fifth ranked of the six cornerbacks who covered WR1s for more than 40 percent of their snaps who made this top 20 list, McCourty played three shadow games last year, covering Andre Johnson twice and Demaryius Thomas once, showing that the Titans clearly favored his talent level over Alterraun Verner.

This was confirmed when Verner was allowed to depart in free agency this offseason for Tampa Bay. Interestingly, Verner allowed fewer fantasy points per snap than McCourty (0.068 vs 0.079), but McCourty was handed the tougher coverage duty more often than not, facing WR1s on 42% of snaps compared to Verner’s 28%.

Mav 08-30-2014 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Zarth (Post 10865374)
Jason McCourty is a #1 CB and Coty Sensabaugh is a very good #2.

You don't know what you're talking about Direckshun.

Griffin is a very good complement at safety. That's a tough D.

Sure. Marcus Cooper is a number one. Same thing.

Hammock Parties 08-30-2014 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10865386)
Sure. Marcus Cooper is a number one. Same thing.

I can't believe people here don't know who Jason McCourty is. He's a very good corner.

Coty Sensabaugh gave up a GRAND TOTAL of 221 yards last year. Didn't Cooper allow that in one game?

http://sportsbysharona.files.wordpre...rage-stats.jpg